What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Not possible if they are sold with EUM restrictions, which is likely according to Germany's export laws and especially in case of Pakistan today. That's why they strip them down, otherwise they would offer them directly with a new batch of weapons, like the PARS 3 ATGM, that they offer for Rudra.

They can strip them of all the weapons they want, but if and when they are purchased by Pakistan, they become a property of Pakistan. Pakistan can mount weapons other than those offered by the conventional west. For example, if the batch being bought is big in number, then Pakistan can seek assistance from China in mounting any weapons on them. And we all know that regardless of the restrictions, China has always supplied offensive and defensive weapons.

They can strip them of all the weapons they want, but if and when they are purchased by Pakistan, they become a property of Pakistan. Pakistan can mount weapons other than those offered by the conventional west. For example, if the batch being bought is big in number, then Pakistan can seek assistance from China in mounting any weapons on them. And we all know that regardless of the restrictions, China has always supplied offensive and defensive weapons.

As I said, not if they are sold with EUM restrictions and please tell me which western fighter or helicopter in Pakistans forces could use Chinese weapons?

As I said, not if they are sold with EUM restrictions and please tell me which western fighter or helicopter in Pakistans forces could use Chinese weapons?

the cobra fires the Bakhtar-Shikan.
it is rumoured that the Mirage-ROSE are capable of firing the SD-10 BVR.

Mirage Rose fired Brazilian ARM

the cobra fires the Bakhtar-Shikan.
it is rumoured that the Mirage-ROSE are capable of firing the SD-10 BVR.

Isn't that a varient, developed in Pakistan? I have some doubts about the SD 10 though.

Mirage Rose fired Brazilian ARM

From Brazil, not China. Weapons developed in Pakistan is one thing, Chinese weapons, radars, avionics...is another, especially for German arms and techs.

Sancho,

Pakistan got Nukes and reactors while it was under all sorts of western sanctions. Did it stop Pakistan from becoming a nuclear power? No.

Isn't that a varient, developed in Pakistan? I have some doubts about the SD 10 though.

From Brazil, not China. Weapons developed in Pakistan is one thing, Chinese weapons, radars, avionics...is another, especially for German arms and techs.

You're bringing in high tech weapons for fighter aircraft.

I am talking about these helicopters being retro fitted with basic machine guns and say 2-4 quad rocket launchers. Nothing high tech or sanction prone there. These can also be fitted with the FLIR systems on offer by many European firms, like THALEs, which can help Pakistan to use these choppers as a scout system and relay the information back to the ground troops. Just like the Star SAFIRE system on the c130s.

the source program is necessary to integrate weapon systems on a jet or heli which Pakistan don't have but pakistan had done a lot of work on F-7s and others such chineese platform and upgraded them with european tech i.e matrain baker ejection seats,Griffo radars etc……
so if they want to integrate a weapon they can but don't need as china can offer any weapon……
JF-17 is something else in this matter as Pakistan have source codes of them sovcan integrate and test any sort of weapons……
about heli Pakistan Armed forces are just using used US or Russian tech of MIl or Cobra basically and i don't suppose Pakistan have any chineese heli in Army aviation or PAF just PN use chineese Z-9EC……
Most western Planes give complete package and offer anything so don't need to integrate Chineese system on them……
if needed PAF is quite familiar with F-16 and Mairages…further upgrades are done on Mairages and Upgraded F-16 engine locally in PAC……
To integrate weapons a specific weapon integration request is sent to manfacturer and them $$$ and then all jets which is time consuming and waste of money……
and now not needed as Mairages are at edge of retirement and F-16 offers a complete package with Aim 120C to Harpoons and Aim 9C etc…

I am talking about these helicopters being retro fitted with basic machine guns and say 2-4 quad rocket launchers. Nothing high tech or sanction prone there. These can also be fitted with the FLIR systems on offer by many European firms, like THALEs, which can help Pakistan to use these choppers as a scout system and relay the information back to the ground troops. Just like the Star SAFIRE system on the c130s.

MI-17 and Bell 412 does that job, no need to bring in a third platform.

It doesn't matter if you talk about high tech missiles, a normal gun or even FLIR systems. When arms will be sold with EUM restrictions you need approval for any change and the Germans are very strict on these things, at least in such obvious arms deals. But as I said, I would be surprised why PA would buy these old helicopters at all.

943375_598686570143500_1538717919_n.jpg

That's one dirty exhaust!!!

This looks like some proper airfield, see the ATC in the background.

ya but most of our airfields are surrounded by crops - fields. So it doesn't surprise me, i've seen a few pictures of choppers standing and talking of from fields.

Back
Top Bottom