What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

If the news is authentic then it is a good statement. If enough positive comments come from both sides, then animosity will reduce.

then we have no problim if its true .if you are not stealing why water is short anyway?

Sir this might be the answer

The average supply of water that reaches Pakistan is 104 million acre feet while the water that is consumed is 70 million acre feet, he pointed out.

"Where is the 34 million acre feet of water going? Is India stealing that water from you? No, it is not. Please do not fool yourselves and do not misguide the nation. We are mismanaging that water," the foreign minister said.

then we have no problim if its true .if you are not stealing why water is short anyway?

flow in the rivers has been affected by climate change and low rainfall. and we are not that cruel people to strave other people to thirsty. at the end of the day ye dil hai hindustani

KUDHA HAFIZ

I think Paksitan politicians have lost it...Why can't they make up their mind if India is stealing or not...First atleast have a consensus among yourself and clear the air.... I can bet 9 out of 10 Pakistani members on this forum believe that India is stealing the water and if what Mr. Qureshi is saying is truth then may i ask how come disinformation on such a high scale is prevalent among our Pakistani friends..Was he sleeping when his counterparts were making these allegations against India???

Mis management of water would only lead to shortage

That only your Water Management bodies can answer... !

We in India also have similar problems with Water management and so we can understand the mis management. The only problem is for you guys to figure out if somebody is passing the buck instead of taking responsibility.

I am glad such a statement was passed. I feel this issue of India stealing water was just hyped up the past goverments, to distance themselves from the issue of mismanagement of water in Pakistan. Lets hope we don't her some members ranting about "water war" after this thread.

That only your Water Management bodies can answer... !

We in India also have similar problems with Water management and so we can understand the mis management. The only problem is for you guys to figure out if somebody is passing the buck instead of taking responsibility.

Hello, You talking to me?:smokin:

one thing..this sort of statements come when pakistan intends to reduce tensions...why was this mess created?
n mr qureshi should enlighten himself..pakistan was to reciev 134 maf after indus basin treaty but historically this flow has alway been 114maf n even the1992 accord divides water based on this figure..
as far as mismangement is concerned, punjab is not getting its due share.so where exactly is this mismmanagemnt??can anyone point out??
we waste water at kotri downstream (i think around 8maf) but when kalabagh issue comes we hear a hell of rhetoric stuff..

This PPP government has never shown a clear stance, they always stand with and against the same thing at the sametime.
All that PPP is doing is for political advantages.

If it is true that India is not disturbing water flow then what the hell are they going to discuss with India on water Issue when India is causing no problem ??

And if India is creating trouble then why they claim its not India's fault !!
Stick to one thing.

I hope that this news is true and its just Pakistan's management fault, it will make it easier for us to sort it out. If the next government will be willing!

This PPP government has never shown a clear stance, they always stand with and against the same thing at the sametime.

If it is true that India is not disturbing water flow then what the hell are they going to discuss with India on water Issue when India is causing no problem ??

Stick to one thing.

I hope that this news is true and its just Pakistan's management fault, it will make it easier for us to sort it out. If the next government will be willing!
as i said these statements are just to make the situation light...pakistan has concerns with dams india is building n intends to build..

one thing..this sort of statements come when pakistan intends to reduce tensions...why was this mess created?
n mr qureshi should enlighten himself..pakistan was to reciev 134 maf after indus basin treaty but historically this flow has alway been 114maf n even the1992 accord divides water based on this figure..
as far as mismangement is concerned, punjab is not getting its due share.so where exactly is this mismmanagemnt??can anyone point out??
we waste water at kotri downstream (i think around 8maf) but when kalabagh issue comes we hear a hell of rhetoric stuff..

why was this mess created?
You tell me.

Can Qureshi now back track his recorded statement if the tensions raise and water war and jehad become the norm ?

And are you saying that the person holding the highest office in foreign affairs does not know the reality and is a loose canon ?
:cheers:

Stick to one thing.

well till now India has not violated water treaty, so FM of Pakistan said rite thing that pakistani media should not spread misinformation regarding it.
Water talks will be about future projects under construction or under planning by India on the Rivers.
Pakistan wants to make sure that their is not any violation of treaty.........thats what talks will have...........simple thing.
according to treaty ,India can store water upto a certain limited ........of which we have not even utilized 50% ............so some dams might have store arrangements ................but i guess mostly will be run off dams.
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom