What's new

Pakistan, a failed state: US lawmaker to PM Yousuf Raza Gilani

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know where did I imply that or how you came to the conclusion that i implied anything like that...

i do asked care to explain ur meanings for ur jealousy comments

If you are interested here, is the Pakistan's profile for 2011, from the organization that compute the index.

Pakistan

312btlc.jpg

Thanks for sharing & i must say the author/org knows a lot about Pakistan :)

Already addressed. We are in a state of war, obviously numbers won't really back us up. But there's more to geo-politics than numbers. For example, we are the largest contributors of manpower to UN peacekeeping missions, would a failed state be able to maintain such a large force for the relief of the Global community? We have an entire Squadron of Helis flying relief missions in Congo, would a failed state be able to do that?

Do introspect yourself, you will certainly find the answer. Few days ago I have read on The Dawn that peoples are migrating from City Karachi due to deteriorating law and order problem.

Indeed, because the law and order situation has seen a constant deterioration due to gangs of armed thugs operating around the city, an operation against them has forced many to flee in the face of an anticipated backlash. I remember the US had to launch such an operation in the Bronx during the 60s to contain Black Nationalists, didn't make the US a failed state, did it?

:lol: now you need UN certificate

Already addressed:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...aker-pm-yousuf-raza-gilani-3.html#post2901286

After all, it is the UN, not some NGO that warrants actions on failed states, whether it be the partition of Sudan or handing over the responsibility of Somali waters to an International Naval Task Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
next time we will also see lungi wearing people in this profile

Very true. Pakistan is headed towards anarchy obviously. Not a single day goes by without some sort of bomb blast or terrorist attack making news. As for Balochistan, I do hope they eventually get the independence they deserve, either via international pressure or otherwise.

We are fighting a war, casualties are to be expected. Not like we aren't the only country. Though there is one difference, we are winning, the frequency of attacks continues to drop and we retain a meagre but audacious growth rate of 2.6% per annum with a Moody's rating of B+ and Stable outlook.

As for the second part, I too wish the same for Kashmir, Seven Sister states, East Punjab, Askai Chin, Dravidistan.
Doesn't pay chucking rocks at your neighbour's house when you, yourself live in a house of glass, eh?

Post Reported

Relax I'm not flaming you or your country.

we are winning, the frequency of attacks continues to drop - This is where our opinions differ. In your opinion, based on your local news sources probably, you guys are winning and the attacks are dropping. Based on what I've been reading about your country, in my opinion, it isn't true. The attacks seem to have increased rather and now your problem has extended way beyond FATA and NWFP. There was a Sindhi attack in your financial capital just 2 days ago. And another one the following day.....

List of terrorist incidents in Pakistan since 2001 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS), Independent Think Tank in Pakistan
Fatalities in Terrorist Violence in Pakistan 2003-2012

Links relating to number, of incidents/casualties posted. Show a downward trend.
Sindhi attack in our financial capital? If you mean those low intensity blasts in ATMs in Hyderabad, that's just JSQM, they make fertilizer bombs and attack infrastructure, not a real threat in my opinion, just trying to disrupt administrative control to further their political agenda. FATA was a more severe cause of concern.

As for the second part, I too wish the same for Kashmir, Seven Sister states, East Punjab, Askai Chin, Dravidistan. - This is exactly the reason why talk of balkanizing your country is going on. In an attempt to destabilize India and also Afghanistan, u ended up creating so many militants all over the place, now that problem has spread to your own nation like a cancer. Indians are not interested in seeing a balkanized Pakistan too. Just accept that Kashmir is ours and go your own way and we'd forget Balo-what ever existed.:tup:

That really isn't our call any more, the matter is with the UN now and only the UN can work with it. I admit we followed a failed policy of trying to secure Kashmir by inciting rebellion, however, the plan failed and there has been no border-jumping into India from our side since the ceasefire in 2003. I'm in a position to validate that on my own accord.

Your world, not the world in general.

Not my world but the reality what I said

1. Who was the ally on the war on terror.
2. Who is the American aid reciepant to run the government.
3. Who helped war on Afghanistan, who provided NATO supply and who allowed to use its Air Bases.

Very true. Pakistan is headed towards anarchy obviously. Not a single day goes by without some sort of bomb blast or terrorist attack making news. As for Balochistan, I do hope they eventually get the independence they deserve, either via international pressure or otherwise.

ya i feel exactly the same about indian MAOISTS! & the whole north eastern wing of india!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom