What's new

Pak women commandos could storm madrassa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mir,

Muktar Mai rings a bell.

Golden Temple, Where did you get that piece of Information?

What does Mukhtaran Mai have anything to do with this? In that poor lady's case, it was not the state apparatus that dishonored her.

I am not too sure if I share your enthusiasm about this working. God willing, this will be resolved peacefully in an amicable manner.

It should be solved in any manner possible, and obviously a peaceful manner is preferable. But this is preparation for the time when peaceful negotiations fail. Contingency planning.

I would love to see that just to get our women to fight and get them some scores on the board.

It's a stupid Madrassa, storm it already. In fact it would be the FIRST step for the President. First of many. If it goes according to plan, then precedent would be set to storm Madrassas and one by one the bad ones can be taken out.

These people are not letting go of their Jhahil ways and are dragging us down to hell with them, so the President has my OK to do whatever is necessary.

I am not too sure if I share your enthusiasm about this working. God willing, this will be resolved peacefully in an amicable manner.
I think both sides want to fight.

Whoever wins, would make a landslide shift popularity.

Peaceful negotiation which is anything other than a surrender would make Musharraf look weak.

I would love to see that just to get our women to fight and get them some scores on the board.

It's a stupid Madrassa, storm it already. In fact it would be the FIRST step for the President. First of many. If it goes according to plan, then precedent would be set to storm Madrassas and one by one the bad ones can be taken out.

These people are not letting go of their Jhahil ways and are dragging us down to hell with them, so the President has my OK to do whatever is necessary.

Your OK may not be sufficient in this case ;) ...there would be immense blowback to a military operation even if it was launched after the madrassa folks killed people...the Mullah party will take full advantage so military option should be left off the table. The mullah party is counting on the govt to use strong armed tactics here so they can gain mileage out of it as they did in the CJ case. At least I would strongly advise against playing into the hands of the other side (but then my opinion counts for zilch).

There are other ways to take care of this. They can simply block entry and exit out of the madrassa. Choke off supplies if the other side persists on its illogical demands....very many options exist aside from the forceful ones.

Hi,

Musharraf needs a refresher course in how to act like a general. He is acting like a politician, which will be his failure and take the nation down as well.

The reactionaries are reacting, because the law and order situation of the country is not at its best. If the law and order situation was under control, some summary executions on gang rape, kidnapping for ransom, killings to create terror, things would not have reached this stage.

Musharraf needs a three pronged attack-----a ruthless no hold barred strike at lal masjid and its occupants-----total neutralization of the assets------then turn around and have the court issue hanging sentences in some of the most infamous rape murder kidnapping terror killing cases---like a clean sweep kind of situation----and finally step back and apologize to the nation and chief justice of the supreme court Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry and accept his mistake.

People need justice and equal rights. That is why we choose to live in a civilized society. That is why the people of Arabia and its surrounding areas flocked to the preachings of islam for it provided them the dignity of being a human being.

I have been a great follower of Musharraff but I believe that he has failed miserably on the issue of law and order. He admitted it in his book----that he had a weak soul when it came to administering corporal punishment. to top it off---the prime minister is a weak man as well-----and don't get me wrong please----Shaukat Aziz has done well for the national economy, but niether of them have the ability and capabilty of Amir Abdur Rehman or that of The Nawab of Kalabagh.

Your OK may not be sufficient in this case ;) ...there would be immense blowback to a military operation even if it was launched after the madrassa folks killed people...the Mullah party will take full advantage so military option should be left off the table. The mullah party is counting on the govt to use strong armed tactics here so they can gain mileage out of it as they did in the CJ case. At least I would strongly advise against playing into the hands of the other side (but then my opinion counts for zilch).

There are other ways to take care of this. They can simply block entry and exit out of the madrassa. Choke off supplies if the other side persists on its illogical demands....very many options exist aside from the forceful ones.
Of course but then on the flip side Musharraf has to deal with these sort of people too...

Karachi protest at Sharia mosque

adc35e3b54cf5243715c33214a4ee0a9.jpg

Tens of thousands of people have protested in the Pakistani city of Karachi against a radical mosque and its religious schools in Islamabad.

The chief cleric of the Lal Masjid (Red Mosque), Abdul Aziz, had announced a Taleban-style Islamic court would be set up to curb "vulgar" activities.

He also gave the government a month to close video shops and brothels.

The protest organisers, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), branded the mosque "religious terrorists".

Fatwa

The MQM is largely supportive of the policies of President Pervez Musharraf.

MQM leader Altaf Hussain told Sunday's rally by telephone from London via loudspeakers: "Islam is a religion of peace and there is no place in it for using force or terrorism.

"The people of Islamabad are insecure and under threat due to the activities of these religious terrorists."

Abdul Aziz is a vocal critic of the Pakistan government's support for the US-led "war on terrorism".

Last week he announced a court based on Islamic Sharia law and began an anti-vice campaign.

The court passed a fatwa on Tourism Minister Nilofar Bakhtiar after she was pictured hugging a man following a paragliding flight.

Mr Aziz has also threatened to "take action" if the government moved against his mosque.

Analysts say Gen Musharraf has been criticised for not taking a harder line but may be reluctant in an election year.
The stage is being set for action. Thing is if this works out in Islamabad then Musharraf can keep on doing this all over the country. There actually aren't many options. They've threatened with guns. They've made plans to open religious courts of their own, they now want video shops to close down as well.

So only a peaceful surrender can be negotiated.

Otherwise as we have it, either we use force on them now. Or they would be using it on us later.

Sending in woman would be a good ploy. If the extremists are elimnated by women commandos it will hurt their male egos a lot.

But do ask your military guys to have a look at the India's Golden temple blunder.

Golden temple was minority and an easy task, Indian government got away with that all, this is a different situation, negotiation is the only way out as the issue is only one school, we dont need to spread it all over the country.

Golden temple was minority and an easy task, Indian government got away with that all, this is a different situation, negotiation is the only way out as the issue is only one school, we dont need to spread it all over the country.

You didnt understand a word i wrote, its ok/

Of course but then on the flip side Musharraf has to deal with these sort of people too...

The stage is being set for action. Thing is if this works out in Islamabad then Musharraf can keep on doing this all over the country. There actually aren't many options. They've threatened with guns. They've made plans to open religious courts of their own, they now want video shops to close down as well.

So only a peaceful surrender can be negotiated.

Otherwise as we have it, either we use force on them now. Or they would be using it on us later.

Why did this lal masjid become a volatile case all of a sudden. Wasnt the masjid been there for a long time? Has some foriegn elements infiltrated the masjid?

To all Pakistanis who have been accusing us of being anti muslim for killing muslim infiltrators. The snake that you have protected and fed all these years have grown to such prioportion that it has the courage to hold your state hostage.

Now the pakistani state will have to fight the same jihadis 'who stand up for Islam'.

To all Pakistanis who have been accusing us of being anti muslim for killing muslim infiltrators. The snake that you have protected and fed all these years have grown to such prioportion that it has the courage to hold your state hostage.

Now the pakistani state will have to fight the same jihadis 'who stand up for Islam'.

you should go and take a look at Gujarat genocide video; and listen to the kid talking about how the mob surrounded his house, raped his mom & cut his dad into pieces.

O yea; the kid was growing up to be extremist. Good thing that Hindu mob killed him before he could have become a suicide bomber :rolleyes:

Actually not everyone is Jihadist; most of them are terrorist. People who are fighting for liberating their homeland from foreign occupation are jihadist; like people in Iraq & Kashmir for example.

I do not agree with your assesment here. Indian govt has been anti-Kashmiri and it just happens so that all of its victims in Kashmir were Muslims...then the issues such as Gujrat add to the perception of India being anti-Muslim.

Not everyone is a Jihadi. The people who faught in Afghanistan and Kashmir were and indeed are Jihadis and they have faught for freedom (you would obviously disagree but a vast, vast majority of Muslims would not). History will look at them as freedom fighters and not as the cliched "terrorist etc." because they have reacted to a wrong (occupation by force).

In Pakistan, like elsewhere in the Muslim world, the population has become more open to the concept of Jihad because diplomacy and weakness of oppressed Muslims have not yielded anything. Whenever there is a conflict, all around the conflict are impacted by the blowback. Such is the case in Pakistan. So we do not consider the Jihadi sentiments or individuals as snakes. Many of the so-called extremists in Pakistan have never stepped outside of Pakistan so lets not confuse and blame everything on those who really did fight against the communists in Afghanistan and then continue to do so in Kashmir as the ones causing problems in Pakistan.

There are considerable political undertones interms of whats going on at Lal Masjid.

Why did this lal masjid become a volatile case all of a sudden. Wasnt the masjid been there for a long time? Has some foriegn elements infiltrated the masjid?
The Brothels incident brought forward that they are ready to bear arms for their cause. Can't blame everything on foreigners. We have enough of these nuts mixing religion with vigilantism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom