What's new

PAK test-fires SHAHEEN II

RAPTOR said:
The GHAURIS are liquid fueled and the SHAHEEN missiles are solid fueled.

Are there any solid fueled Ghauris being planned? For eg the Iranians have moved their Sahab=3 from Liquid to solid fuel becuase it gives the missile a much longer shelf life as long as a much shorter response to launch.

A.Rahman said:
sorry , I was away for a while..

wow tihs is a great news for paksitan.

btw what is the range of ICBM? is it 3000+ ?

Theyve kept it to 2000kms, this covers all of india. No need to go further

Also, the SHAHEEN ll has 2 motors.

ICBM is anything that can reach between contienents. Europe to Asia, S America to N America etc...

Min ICBM range is 8,000km; basically from the East Coast of China to West Coast of the US. A full fledge ICBM is 12,000 kms; half way across the globe.

All this said and done; I have not seen the operational status of any of these missiles nor any regiment identified with them. Does not give me the confidence in their operational use.

A.Rahman said:
sorry , I was away for a while..

wow tihs is a great news for paksitan.

btw what is the range of ICBM? is it 3000+ ?

ICBMS are of 5000 miles range or greater. The French ICBMS have a 12,000 mile range and are carried in the Triumphant Submarines.(SSBNs)

Current French SLBM (Submarine Launched Ballastic Missiles) ALL have a range of 5-6000 kms. The M51 SLBM with a designed range of 11,000 kms (meaning operational range of 8-10K kms) is slated for an IOC at 2008.

Raptor said:
Possible antennae on a Shaheen-1 warhead stage: The black patches near the small stabilizing fins may be antennae intended to service very accurate satellite navigation systems.
Who added this comment in the article posted? If thats true, Pakistan has acheived a technological breakthrough.

If its just using Sat Nav for corrections, its still a big deal for Pakistan. I'm not sure which satellite/GPS signal they are using for this. AFAIK Pakistan does not have a military satellite and the GPS signal can be turned off by the master.

The keyword is inertial guidance, just google it.

Thats what it means.

An inertial navigation system measures the position and altitude of a vehicle by measuring the accelerations and rotations applied to the system's inertial frame. It is widely used because it refers to no real-world item beyond itself. It is therefore immune to jamming and deception. (See relativity and Mach's principle for some background in the physics involved).

If that is the case then India should worry about it, because once its gone, its gone. What about the Indian missiles? Do they use the GPS now since you guys have the satellite capability? If yes can the missile change its path to a different target once in the air?

If that is the case then India should worry about it, because once its gone, its gone.
India does not worry about the inertial guidance, but the range of the missile itself. I dont think its a matter of concern coz Pakistan has already covered all of India, one way or another.
Almost all the BM's have inertial guidance, no big deal there.

What about the Indian missiles? Do they use the GPS now since you guys have the satellite capability?
Not sure about it. I dont think India will be using GPS, it may prolly use Glonas r Galileo. The key for using GPS like signal is to compare your current flight path with the the standard flight path's GPS co-ordinates or to key in new destination. Pretty much what a Tomahawk has.

If yes can the missile change its path to a different target once in the air?
Not sure about it again. Very few nation's have the capability to do it currently, but it may very well be in the works. But the flight plan will be loaded in to the computer based on the previous tests and the use of GPS data to find the best possible path.

I'm not sure why Sat Nav needs to be on board of a BM. That why they have cruise missiles, with mid course guidance. BM's are fast and when taking India-Pak distance in to account, the initial (inertial) guidance is pretty much required.

All of India's BM are inertially guided, and you can vouch for the accuracy as these things are used for our SLV's. Its the same technology, except the escape velocity is more for a SLV than a BM.

Pakistan needs Missiles of enough reach to nuke out any indian military installions in the nicobar and andaman islands. During the 2002 standoff(in which the indians scared themselves and meekly withdrew from the border) , they moved some of their "nook bums" to sikkim and hid them there fearing an all out Nuclear Attack by Pakistani forces , so that too must be taken into consideration. With the introduction of the BABAR Cruise Missile..i also wouldnt rule out limted deployment in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka to blow up the two wannabe silicon valley cities in the south and the major defense installations down there as well. (just a thought) :cool:

RAPTOR said:
During the 2002 standoff, they moved some of their "nook bums" to sikkim and hid them there fearing an all out Nuclear Attack by Pakistani forces

And then??? where did u get this info from???

RAPTOR said:
With the introduction of the BABAR Cruise Missile..i also wouldnt rule out limted deployment in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka to blow up the two wannabe silicon valley cities in the south and the major defense installations down there as well. (just a thought) :cool:

u wanna attack civilian targets,kills civilians..

Officer of Engineers said:
With the current state of both Indian and Pak nukes, what other choice is there?

he was asking for babur to be placed in srilanka and bangladesh,they wnt allow nuke tipped missiles to be placed there.

But as a matter of fact they wont even allow a pakistani soldier to be based there.

RAPTOR said:
Pakistan needs Missiles of enough reach to nuke out any indian military installions in the nicobar and andaman islands.
You already have that capability. The question is accuracy, and if you decide to use nukes, you will cease to exist. Remember, India is a lot bigger than Pakistan and it takes a lot more nukes that what Pakistan has currently or will have in the future. So nuking off India is out of your league.
During the 2002 standoff(in which the indians scared themselves and meekly withdrew from the border) , they moved some of their "nook bums" to sikkim and hid them there fearing an all out Nuclear Attack by Pakistani forces , so that too must be taken into consideration.
pfff, where did you get that info from?? APP? :lol:
With the introduction of the BABAR Cruise Missile..i also wouldnt rule out limted deployment in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka
You can dream all you want, Bangladesh and SL will never give an inch of their soil to attack India. Unlike you, they do have a life to live.
to blow up the two wannabe silicon valley cities in the south and the major defense installations down there as well. (just a thought) :cool:
Its been said that Pakistan has 50-75 so called nucleqr bombs, so even if I assume that you have 75 warheads ready to be mated with missiles, how many long range missiles has Pakistan has currently to take out major Indian cities and defence installations? It was even precarious in 2002 :laugh:
Pakistan has only a handful of cities and another handful of defence installations. If I assume the same as I assumed for Pakistan, India is in a better position to bring a catastrophe in Pakistan.

Happy dreaming!!

Back
Top Bottom