What's new

Pak-Russia defence agreement

C'mon Nishan, it would cost $650M+

So we will be able to gain a multi purpose helicopter as well and about 110 of them. Army and Air force could sell their replaced older helicopters to any other country which is willing to buy it for spares???

there are varying reports on internet some suggesting russia may be considering whole shift in its policy towards india and pakistan, yah russia has vast interests in indian defence procuments and india buys stuff worth billion of dollars every year from russia, chalo theek hai lets say russia agrees to give 40 mig35s to pakistan and first 5 are delivered in next six months. Then what will india do yes they will stop buying stuff from russia ( which they already are shifting towards france and us for major defence procurements) do you think this transition will take few months how is india gonna maintan its large inventory of russian fighters do u suggest they are gonna dump su30, mig29, mig21s il78s and many more if russia is gonna sell anything high end to pakistan. if anything india is stuck with russia for good 15 years now. may be instead of buying worth 8 billion o fguds india will buy woth 5 but india has to. also india wants to shop in west for its defence related needs which is only logical as they provide u with better technology and russia is aware of this fact and doesnt matter what india is gonna be a shutting down its defence markets for russian goods slowly but surely, russia is not gonna alet india enjoy best of the both worlds. plus russia doesn't want to lose this oppurtunity of being in the good books of pakistan when america is doing a series of strategic blunders Russia sure as hell is gonna try and cash on it. plus Pakistan is not just pakistan when it comes to defence markets many muslim countries(believe me or not) look at pakistan as an example to procure defense goods whatever pakistan is buying others want it too.

International politics is not like a school team that you can chnge your alliance from one team to the other in an instant. International relations are not mutually exclusive events, there are a number of factors to be considered. Chill out, relax, sit back hope forthe best and see what unfolds in the future.

indians members should stop bringing india in every thread and making themselves more fools.

Imran bhai, seedha sa sawal kiya tha, jawab nahi pata toh bol dete :lol:

What i had said is completely reasonable, Russia has a defence export of around $ 8 billion/year, of which India buys some 40% of defence sales, Believe it or not India has leverage over Russia as far as defence sales are concerned, not only over Russia, India is now even objecting to the US weapon sales to Pakistan & lately it has shown some effects (however little it may be).

Just tell me, wouldn't Pakistan object if all of a sudden China decides to sell high tech weaponry to India??

Allow me if you may....for starters let me be very clear about that and that is Pakistan can forget for now any big deal and specially of offensive nature with Russia and there are two reasons behind it 1st and foremost is India's objection and 2nd because we have no money.
However there are a few things that can make a lot of change in Pak Russia relationship for e.g

1) The control of islamic fundamentalist in Muslim majority areas of Russia
2) Tender to a Russian firm for IP gas project
3) Afghanistan
Russians are smart. They will weigh pros and cons of the above and see which weighs out the another. Obviously they are not going to annoy India anytime soon but this also stands true for India because most of the Indian inventory is of Russian origin and Indians cannot afford to annoy the Russians either. So both will find a middle ground to accommodate Pakistan in the whole equation specially if Russians do believe that developing ties with Pakistan serves their long term interests and let me also say that the breaking of ice is already felt in many quarters however small that maybe.

bhaiyya kuchh mile to bata dena. Tab tak chillate raho ;)

bhaiyya kuchh mile to bata dena. Tab tak chillate raho ;)

Pakistanis are exactly behaving like they do b4 indian pak match.They dont spare a single chance for cheap shots on india and after the result they find themselves hiding in jungles :lol:

Same here,let the time come n will see who is standing where otherwise keep posting pak-russia frndship higher than mountains or deeper than oceans :oops:

its does not make affect ..just castles in air :)..

Pakistanis are exactly behaving like they do b4 indian pak match.They dont spare a single chance for cheap shots on india and after the result they find themselves hiding in jungles :lol:

Same here,let the time come n will see who is standing where otherwise keep posting pak-russia frndship higher than mountains or deeper than oceans :oops:

its does not make affect ..just castles in air :)..

If thats the case then why are Indians so busy in every Pakistan Russian thread trying to prove other wise:azn:

you guys shouldn't be worried at all and let fool Pakistanis built castles in the air;)

Allow me if you may....for starters let me be very clear about that and that is Pakistan can forget for now any big deal and specially of offensive nature with Russia and there are two reasons behind it 1st and foremost is India's objection and 2nd because we have no money.
However there are a few things that can make a lot of change in Pak Russia relationship for e.g

1) The control of islamic fundamentalist in Muslim majority areas of Russia
2) Tender to a Russian firm for IP gas project
3) Afghanistan
Russians are smart. They will weigh pros and cons of the above and see which weighs out the another. Obviously they are not going to annoy India anytime soon but this also stands true for India because most of the Indian inventory is of Russian origin and Indians cannot afford to annoy the Russians either. So both will find a middle ground to accommodate Pakistan in the whole equation specially if Russians do believe that developing ties with Pakistan serves their long term interests and let me also say that the breaking of ice is already felt in many quarters however small that maybe.

Fair enough, but mate u have made this equation for Russia as either India or Pakistan. Pls can u explain as to how Pakistan fits in the long term interests of Russia & India don't??

Can anyone specify the nature of the agreement?? What are the objectives achieved by the Pakistani COAS visit to Russia ??

+ IMHO, India will object to any high tech. weapon sale to Pakistan, it objected even when Russians were selling the RD-93 engines to Pakistan, also when US was giving more F-16s to PAF. Yes, it din't stop them from selling what they wanted but certainly delayed a little. I think Russia will never sell a defence equipment to Pakistan that can alter the regional balance, the max. i can think of is giving them attack helos but fighter jets - never.

First India should collect its AC admiral gorskhsh_t and 600Cr penalty fine.

Fair enough, but mate u have made this equation for Russia as either India or Pakistan. Pls can u explain as to how Pakistan fits in the long term interests of Russia & India don't??

First of all for Russia this equation is not either India or Pakistan rather finding a middle way to bring Pakistan into while at the same time not annoying India.
Like i said both India and Russia will figure out a way to accommodate Pakistan if Russians consider Pakistan important for their future, for the reasons i mentioned above but it does not want to loose India as you mentioned 40% of the Russian defense export is to India. But Russia does not need India alone, India needs Russia equally if not more because major chunk of Indian military hardware is of Russian origin.

Also do keep in mind that since Indian economy is booming and Western defense market has opened up, Indians have started to look at other options MRCA is one such example, the trend is likely to continue in the future as well and Russians certainly will like to keep that in mind after all its pure business.

Indians here only do post :D and help its neighbors to get out of delusiooooonnnnss... :rofl:

like NGO job in free :rofl:

Being the good neighbors that you are, you have done your part and thank you but you can stop now and let the poor fools continue with the dream.

lol......always look before you leap.....

hope this thread does not becoming as embarassing as the thread in which you guys were gungho about 'Putins visit'.......

it has become some sort of a habit for your politicians/journalists to announce stuff and end up wit a lose of face.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom