What's new

Pak India 1971 War Gallery

The thread is about pics of war. So keep it that way.

Yes you are right.
Getting hint that discussing that topic can lead to flames.
So let it to be discussed some where else.

PAF Pilots being interviewed during the 1971 war.

scan0001-25.jpg

Gun Camera images of attacks on IAF Bases and Indian Army Gun positions.

scan0002-24.jpg

Since you seem an ardent fan of.... Mickey Mouse, let me enlighten you the depiction was captured by a world class aviation artist, S M Hussaini, who happens to be a life member of The American Society of Aviation Artists (ASAA).

Since your justification for the suitability of that painting in this post in any way is given above, I believe your statement about the artist being a member of ASAA seems to be incorrect.

Here is the link to ASAA with a list of all its members. See for yourself. So now, does this mean that you will delete the painting from this post, or can you think of any other reason why a painting belongs in a photo thread?

ASAA Artists [A]
PS. Thanks for the Photos of the Mirage pilots, it's clear to me that Kaiser Tufail is not the 2nd pilot from the right.

Thats an amazing photo! Where is this showcase located? In some air force base?
There was a reason for censoring the other plaque. :)
I did notice that the name of the Indian pilot is misspelled in the bronze plaque.
Thanks Xeric for posting this!

You got that right.

Result of poor craftsmanship.

Since your justification for the suitability of that painting in this post in any way is given above, I believe your statement about the artist being a member of ASAA seems to be incorrect.

Here is the link to ASAA with a list of all its members. See for yourself.

ASAA Artists [A]

He was awarded fellowship by ASAA. You have to refine your google searching talent.

S M A Hussaini

:rolleyes:

There was a reason for censoring the other plaque. :)

You got that right.

Result of poor craftsmanship.

Oh, I wish you could have shared the location:-)

Thats my neighbor in India whose revolver is in the showcase! I will try to find his photo right here on this forum. Also in a few days I will try to put up an article which narrates his escape attempt and how he got caught again.

He is probably the most interesting person that I have met over the age of 60. Sadly I never paid a lot of attention to his flying stories when I lived in India, since I was not interested in war histroy back then. Will make amends on my next visit home.

I hope you will reconsider not telling me the location of the revolver:cheers:

Here is the link to ASAA with a list of all its members. See for yourself. So now, does this mean that you will delete the painting from this post, or can you think of any other reason why a painting belongs in a photo thread?

ASAA Artists [A]
PS. Thanks for the Photos of the Mirage pilots, it's clear to me that Kaiser Tufail is not the 2nd pilot from the right.
There you go again, i had to scan the text to satisfy your cravings, in any case, you seem to have missed you country fellows Post#58, the article also contains what can be termed as a painting.

scan0003-20.jpg

He was awarded fellowship by ASAA. You have to refine your google searching talent.

S M A Hussaini

:rolleyes:

So you are agreeing with me that WJ's statement about SM Hussaini being "a life member of The American Society of Aviation Artists" is incorrect.

Ok.

PS. Just saw your post Windjammer, and please allow me to trust the ASAA more than a scanned page from some unknown source. Even if you tell me the source, I still will go with the ASAA. Surely they know who their members are! I can claim to be a member of the MCC, but would they agree?
I agree with your comment on post 58. It clearly does not belong here. The only reason I commented on your painting is because you tried to justify its presence in what is clearly a photo thread.

CASLetter

A letter from the CAS, Air Chief Marshal Lal expressing concern about the 'missing' status of Flt Lt Harish Sinhji. The Letter is dated four days after Harish Sinhji went missing over Pakistan.

IWI01

A scan of the article from Illustrated Weekly of India narrating the story of the escape attempt.

IWI02

Continuation of the article from the Illustrated Weekly of India

POWRepatriation

Photograph showing the repatriated POWs from India.

Oh, I wish you could have shared the location:-)

Thats my neighbor in India whose revolver is in the showcase! I will try to find his photo right here on this forum. Also in a few days I will try to put up an article which narrates his escape attempt and how he got caught again.

He is probably the most interesting person that I have met over the age of 60. Sadly I never paid a lot of attention to his flying stories when I lived in India, since I was not interested in war histroy back then. Will make amends on my next visit home.

I hope you will reconsider not telling me the location of the revolver:cheers:
Guud to know that you have met the guy. It's strange that you snubbed him for his stories. Anywaz, i hope he doesnt see the picture, i am not sure if his poor heart (at this age) would be able to take it...ok....i am kidding. i wish he could join us here and tell us more about the incident. i for one would love to listen his stories that you probably have been turning a deaf ear to...:)

And yes, the rough location of this pistol is hidden within the text of the plaques, let's see if you can decipher it. And i hope you people are not planning to steal the thing..?!

C992.jpg

A very famous photograph of the "Tiger Stripes" MiG-21 FL - C992. This aircraft was actually painted in black stripes over natural metal finish - and was operated by No.29 Squadron "Scorpions" out of Uttarlai. From available records, the aircraft was bought into service only towards the end of the war and did not see much action. The aircraft is armed with two Ka-13 air to air missiles and a GP-9 gunpod.

Last edited:
@TheDeletedUser:

Fantastic find!! Thats Dilip Uncle right there in those POW photos! XERIC will find this very interesting, to put a face to the revolver:-)

You know, he is one of the rarest of rare individuals to have multiple ejections, and yet be perfectly healthy. He is as athletic and active as ever! His spine must be made of concrete!

Back
Top Bottom