What's new

PAK FA with 'Brahmos'

The interest of the US is to ensure peace between India and Pakistan. Because Pakistan has much less resource than India, pakistan is supported with military aids. Also because Pakistan would use nukes because of the inbalance, a Pakistan with stronger conventional weaponry would make India think twice before attacking Pakistan to overwhelm it in 96 hours and prevent a nuclear war.

i may sound little philosphical

if war has to happen it will happen no matter wat world tries and tats the truth
till now america has oly tried to destabilize whole world for its own good
now lets seee who maintains balance with america

I highly doubt it! you better measure the length of the brahmos then compare it to the T-50 dimensions.

brahmos length is 8.4 m (27.64 ft.)
width is 0.67 m (2.20 ft.)
They are developing an air-launched version that is much smaller than the ground launched versions that they are jury rigged onto the Su-30mki's. However, even a smaller version wouldn't be able to sit in those internal bays-not unless they do away with the ramjet engine on those missiles.

Also there is no air to air Brahmos version as far as I know.
Why would they have an "air to air" version of a cruise missile ? Not that it would be too hard for them to do. The Bramhos was intended to hit moving targets and its seeker is quite capable of maneuvering to strike a target in the air but it would have to be some sort of flying tank or something because that thing can take out a frigate. An airplane would be like punching through tissue.

nah.. it is best suited for ground attack only....air to air version would be gross over kill...

Let me put up something that Indians might not like it, but the truth be told.

Although BrahMos is an anti-ship missile, it has the capability to engage land based targets. The missile can be launched either in a vertical or inclined position and is capable of covering targets over a 360 degree horizon. The BrahMos missile has identical configuration for land, sea and subsea platforms. The air-launched version has a smaller booster and additional tail fins for added stability during launch.

Babur is capable of carrying either conventional or nuclear warheads and has a reported range of 500 km (310 miles). It is reported that it can hit its target with "pinpoint accuracy" and can be fired from warships, submarines and fighter jets. It is designed to avoid radar detection and penetrate undetected through a defensive system. The cruise missile is a terrain hugging missile and it has up-to-date navigation and guidance system and a high degree of maneuverability.

To west, indian technology has always been inferior to Pakistan. Talking of cruise missile Pakistan has Reversed Engineered one of USN's missile which landed in Pakistan. India is been assisted by Russia in this field and the missile is believed to be one of the fastest cruise missile.
can someone elaborate on which cruise missile is more capable of penetrating deep into enemy's territories?

really want an honest answer....??

can someone elaborate on which cruise missile is more capable of penetrating deep into enemy's territories?

Well done son(Je Baat Launde)... I have a question (koshchan) for you before I answer your question

If I were to ask you that what from the following

a) A bullock cart at 10kmph or
b) A car at 100kmph

is easier to intercept/detect/blah blah blah.... what would your answer be?

Hopefully it will be bullock cart ( until or unless the cart and the BAEL is invisible).

I hope you know what I am getting at.

Let me put up something that Indians might not like it, but the truth be told.

Although BrahMos is an anti-ship missile, it has the capability to engage land based targets. The missile can be launched either in a vertical or inclined position and is capable of covering targets over a 360 degree horizon. The BrahMos missile has identical configuration for land, sea and subsea platforms. The air-launched version has a smaller booster and additional tail fins for added stability during launch.

Babur is capable of carrying either conventional or nuclear warheads and has a reported range of 500 km (310 miles). It is reported that it can hit its target with "pinpoint accuracy" and can be fired from warships, submarines and fighter jets. It is designed to avoid radar detection and penetrate undetected through a defensive system. The cruise missile is a terrain hugging missile and it has up-to-date navigation and guidance system and a high degree of maneuverability.

To west, indian technology has always been inferior to Pakistan. Talking of cruise missile Pakistan has Reversed Engineered one of USN's missile which landed in Pakistan. India is been assisted by Russia in this field and the missile is believed to be one of the fastest cruise missile.

Babur or India's forthcoming Nirbhay type subsonic cruise missiles are easy targets for SAMs because they are tested against PTA which are very similar to those cruise missile. India's Akash SAM has exclusive capability to destroy such cruise missiles. Look at the Lakshya PTA there are minor differences with a subsonic cruise missile.

0c86940a53ac93dced43f0631a7cf114.jpg

On other hand Brahmos is stealthy and it has a speed of Mach 2.8. Its ramjet powered high speed makes interception over land almost impossible. Its pinpoint accuracy along with devastating firepower makes it invincible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done son(Je Baat Launde)... I have a question (koshchan) for you before I answer your question

If I were to ask you that what from the following

a) A bullock cart at 10kmph or
b) A car at 100kmph

is easier to intercept/detect/blah blah blah.... what would your answer be?

Hopefully it will be bullock cart ( until or unless the cart and the BAEL is invisible).

I hope you know what I am getting at.

r.U. death god, what a name

With this kind of name how can as a muslim talk to you, but since u have asked the question, I shall answer.

u can use brahmos when it is ready, and right now u .r 10 years away from today,

our Babur is ready now, so come back in 10 years and talk than, talk is cheap at this time. Launde.

Read this be informed, launde, Kakey,

http://www.riazhaq.com/2009/01/india-pakistan-military-balance.html

Last edited:
r.U. death god, what a name

With this kind of name how can as a muslim talk to you, but since u have asked the question, I shall answer.

u can use brahmos when it is ready, and right now u .r 10 years away from today,

our Babur is ready now, so come back in 10 years and talk than, talk is cheap at this time. Launde

Now now my friend(Launde)... You need a reality check

BrahMos is in service from 2k6

BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

were done here sir. BrahMos is much more difficult to intercept or detect as compared to subsonic Babur.

Now now my friend(Launde)... You need a reality check

BrahMos is in service from 2k6

BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

were done here sir. BrahMos is much more difficult to intercept or detect as compared to subsonic Babur.

There are conflicing report about brahmos, read this one, it may be from 2009, but time is of essance and one year is short time for a sophiticated misslie, so donot be thumping your chest till it is proven beyond any doubt. now if it is ready than bring it on, but we shall answer with what we have, it is not bangladesh and we will defend ourselves by all the means at our disoposal.

INDIA UNDER ATTACK & OTHER MUSINGS !!: BRAHMOS - HOW DIRTY TRICKS WERE AVERTED?

There are conflicing report about brahmos, read this one, it may be from 2009, but time is of essance and one year is short time for a sophiticated misslie, so donot be thumping your chest till it is proven beyond any doubt. now if it is ready than bring it on, but we shall answer with what we have, it is not bangladesh and we will defend ourselves by all the means at our disoposal.

INDIA UNDER ATTACK & OTHER MUSINGS !!: BRAHMOS - HOW DIRTY TRICKS WERE AVERTED?
When you are giving a link try to give something reliable. You can say wikipedia is not reliable but you dont hesitate to put forward some unknown blogs , sometimes that of our friend Riaz haq or sometimes Rupee news as valid source. Some of our senior members have subscription to Jane's. In confusion we can request them to give information from most reliable defence journal.

First test of Babur was done on 12 August 2005 but induction in Army is also being said 2005. It was tested again on 22March 2007,26 July 2007,11 Decemcber 2007 and lastly on 6 May 2009.Brahomos was first tested in India in December 2004. It was inducted in Navy in 2006 and Army in 2007.

What you are saying about 2009 is three consecutive tests of Brahmos Mark II version first of which was not successful (it failed to target a specific building among many other building). But Other two tests were reported successful.

Both the missile has its advantages and its disadvantages which civilians like us can understand (I am not going to technical part like guidance etc and taking official claims as true). The major advantage of Babur at present is its higher range while advantage of Brahmos is its speed and capability to destruction (due to its much higher kinetic energy).

Theoritically all missiles sub-sonic or supersonic can be intercepted but practically which one is easier to intercept you can understand. Maker of both missiles cliams about manuevering capability of their missiles but fact is that missiles do not dribble Anti-missiles like Maradona. Even low flying cruise missiles can be tracked with modern radars and shot down.

I will prefer Brahmos when the target is within its range and specially against moving target and Babur against long range non-movable target. Remeber a sub-sonic Cruise missile has less speed then a modern fighter.

Basically Babur and Brahmos have very less in common. A proper comparison of Babur can be done with Nirbhay (long range subsonic cruise missile) or Shourya (A hybrid of Ballistic and cruise missile but of hypersonic speed and similar range of Babur) but we have to wait till they become operational.

i may sound little philosphical

if war has to happen it will happen no matter wat world tries and tats the truth
till now america has oly tried to destabilize whole world for its own good
now lets seee who maintains balance with america

Sound like India would be the one to maintain the balance with America. Isn't it? Why are some Indians sound so antagonistic in regard to America? The US want peace between India and Pakistan and the best way to maintain peace is to provide balance between India and Pakistan. If its India's ambition to become the #1 power in South Asia and be able to dictate terms to the whole region, then this ambition would be against interest in South Asia.

Back
Top Bottom