What's new

PAK FA with 'Brahmos'

^^^ How about taking some air out of brahmos.....perhaps than it may fit in stealth closet of T-50!
Till one year ago Russian aircrafts were junks and refered as 'khoka' (cheap shells) by indian ACM Tiyagi (ref. aero 2007) and today Russian started to build deadly machines!
wow......... way to go Russia and India too.

Last edited:
^^^ How about taking some air out of brahmos.....perhaps than it may fit in stealth closet of T-50!
Till one year ago indian aircrafts were junks and refered as 'khoka' (cheap shells) by indian ACM Tiyagi (ref. aero 2007) and today Russian started to build deadly machines!

Well, whats your point???:undecided:

Till one year ago indian aircrafts were junks and refered as 'khoka' (cheap shells) by indian ACM Tiyagi (ref. aero 2007) and today Russian started to build deadly machines!

I don't understand most of what you just wrote, I'm pretty sure English is the 2nd language of everyone here, but most peoples English is understandable, please try to rectify that.

Are you silly, even though MY country won the war with India in 1962, no Chinese would call the Indian planes junk. Your country has started and lost all wars with them, yet YOU posses the mendacity to call their aircraft junk? My best friends are Indian, we argue constantly about both our countries, but we still hold respect for each others nation, people like you don't seem to have that capability.

measurements... is a basic science and i thought brain storming might help but never mind.

What the heck does that mean?

Measurement and units are a part of science, but the act of measuring something isn't scientific in nature.

measurements... is a basic science and i thought brain storming might help but never mind.

Dude i'm reffering to the statement of your ex ACM and you are declaring it blah blah?

Honestly, brahmos won't be carried internally. Pakfa has provision for two external hardpoints for these kind of missiles.
As for stealth, it won't compromise on stealth because the range of brahmos is 290-350 kms, so it will be released way before entering enemy airspace. For other aircraft to detect Pakfa, that aircraft would have to come 50-80 kms near Pakfa. Before that Pakfa would have already launched the Brahmos, thereby not compromising on stealth at all.

Till one year ago Russian aircrafts were junks and refered as 'khoka' (cheap shells) by indian ACM Tiyagi (ref. aero 2007) and today Russian started to build deadly machines!
Why dont you never post a link to back up your claim.....dont forget the forum norm..link should be reliable one....not rupee news or Main Ansari craps.....That will help you from being proved 'the senior most troll in PDF'

Wait a minute was he actually tryin to say "reduce some weight of brahmos"????
If yes i am sorry for my post. Plz do see to it that u use proper words.
And abt the junk thingy that still remains...........blah blah blah

PAk FA with Brahmos is a deadly combination, the deadliest combo in the world... man

what about the stealth since bhramos is a pretty big missile and i doubt that it can be mounted inside the fighter and it should b mounted outside so the stealth will be compromised

I highly doubt it! you better measure the length of the brahmos then compare it to the T-50 dimensions.

brahmos length is 8.4 m (27.64 ft.)
width is 0.67 m (2.20 ft.)

Now where is a missile that size going to be fitted? it doesn't fit in the internal bays. and if it goes in between the engine intakes then the T-50 losses access to it's internal missile bays. Which I suppose they could do but then the T-50 becomes defensless along with a larger radar cross section. It defeats the purpose of the T-50 design. An air launched Brahmos is better suited for Su-30 :usflag:

Also there is no air to air Brahmos version as far as I know. Please prove me wrong though I am always open to learning something new.

Indian fighters to be armed with BrahMos misiles | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

Indian fighters to be armed with BrahMos misiles

13:14 04/02/2010

India's fleet of Su-30MKI Flanker-H fighters could be armed with BrahMos missiles by 2012, the vice president of the Irkut Corporation said at the Singapore Airshow 2010 on Thursday.

The Corporation is a prime contractor in manufacturing the Su-30MKI multi-role fighters for the Indian Air Force. Its share of Russia's arms exports is 15%.

"The modernization program includes re-equipping of some 100 Su-30MKI fighters, which are currently in service with the Indian Air Force," Vladimir Sautov said.

"It is being carried out by the Rosoboronexport, the Sukhoi Design Bureau and NPO Mashinostroyeniya. If things go well, we may offer modernized Su-30MKI fighters to our other foreign partners as soon as 2012," he added.

The BrahMos missile has a range of 290 km (180 miles) and can carry a conventional warhead of up to 300 kg (660 lbs). It can effectively engage ground targets from an altitude as low as 10 meters (30 feet) and has a top speed of Mach 2.8, which is about three times faster than the U.S.-made subsonic Tomahawk cruise missile.

The Indian Air Force originally ordered 50 Su-30MKI aircraft from Russia in 1996 and an additional 40 planes in 2007. India's Hindustani Aeronautics (HAL) was also contracted to build 140 aircraft in India between 2003 and 2017 under a licensed production agreement.

Sautov also revealed that as the missile is "large, heavy and powerful," a lighter modification is currently under development, which will enable Su-30MKI fighters to carry not only one but three missiles.

Established in 1998, BrahMos Aerospace, a joint Indian-Russian venture, produces and markets BrahMos supersonic missiles. The sea-based and land-based versions have been successfully tested and put into service with the Indian Army and Navy.

SINGAPORE, February 4 (RIA Novosti)

The Brahmos that MKI will get is an air launched version of the actual one, with an expected weight of around 2,5t.
Pak Fa / FGFA instead will carry the lighter version only and this new news seems to confirm, that it will fit in the internal weapon bay of them.

The Brahmos that MKI will get is an air launched version of the actual one, with an expected weight of around 2,5t.
Pak Fa / FGFA instead will carry the lighter version only and this new news seems to confirm, that it will fit in the internal weapon bay of them.

I don't see anything saying the T-50 is getting a shortened version of the Brahmos. It all refers to the Su-30 getting it. you need to realize also just how much they need to shorten the missile to make it fit inside an internal weapons bay.

f1b014ac15cee50d67aedf383830af35._.png

PAK FA and Brahmos are those category of weapons that our enemy don't have answer, they will do their job without any problem. For example when Brahmos is launched against a target it will destroy it for sure, no enemy air defense system can stop it. Now just think about combination of PAK FA and Brahmos. When PAK FA get operationa in 2015 I think it will come with Hypersonic Brahmos.

If pakFa is stealth, you would be foolish to launch a Brahmos from it by defyin g the very purpose for which the plane is made. You need to rethink this one my friend.
regards
Araz

it might be some trimmed down version of brahmos for ground attack....

anyways this is atleast 7-8 yrs from induction as even the prototype has not been tested...

If pakFa is stealth, you would be foolish to launch a Brahmos from it by defyin g the very purpose for which the plane is made. You need to rethink this one my friend.
regards
Araz

Two things you have to consider....

1) Brahmos is a stealthy missile. Lots of measures have been taken to make the missile as stealthy as possible.

2) They might improve the missile, most possibly the hypersonic version will be there with PAK FA. The HB already undergone lab tests.

Back
Top Bottom