What's new

PAK FA vs F22 Raptor : A Detailed Analasis

Why we are like this:hitwall:

If you say he dont know about problems of f-22 how you know about it. Atleast he have experience in it.

Between our media also joking our forces what you say about it:undecided:

What are you trying to say? Where does this media joking our forces/their forces come in between? I seriously doubt if you gone through the complete thread.

In one of my earlier posts, I had used some information that was broadcasted by American media that was posted by other Indian member. Even if that info was incorrect, that does not entitle anybody to issue lectures.

Make no mistake, I have come here to learn and have respect for experienced and knowledgeable people but that learning certainly ain't happening this way.

Incorrect. I agree with DOB, TVC is overrated in my opinion too. When your adversary is employing 5th Generation WVR Missiles linked to their HMS, than you have a problem and TVC wont help much. TVC is great for promoting the Aircrafts Aerodynamics in Flying Shows but in Real Combat the TVC wont help much when a missile capable of maneuvering at 50g is on its tail.

Could you elaborate
Why then F22 caries Nozzle with Thrust-Vectoring .
Your new generation IR missile have Thrust vector .

Your new generation IR missile have Thrust vector .

There are three components that can be manipulated to achieve either pitch and/or yaw these are canard, wings and tail fins. Tail controlled missile are typically highly maneuverable but their maneuverability is dramatically increased by means of unconventional control systems that vector thrust deflecting the missile nozzle in the vertical or horizontal plane. The below image graphically demonstrates the different mechanisms for achieving thrust vector.

unconventional-control-types.jpg

These techniques are employed on high off-boresight air-to-air missiles like the AIM-9X Sidewinder. And when used in conjunction with helmet cueing systems it is futile to attempt to out maneuver a missile that can pull five times more G's than the pilot.

TV on the Raptor or the T-50 is still useful against legacy fighters and missiles, it also allows these planes to launch from shorter runways.
Remember the T-50 and the Raptor will likely only encounter legacy adversaries for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
DBC , was it another rip off from brilliance of Gambit .
Thanks for that illustration anyways
I knew that TVC increases maneuverability of these missiles , just wanted to make poster the point clear that TVC is not show-off thing , it comes handy in certain situations .

DBC , was it another rip off from brilliance of Gambit .
Thanks for that illustration anyways
I knew that TVC increases maneuverability of these missiles , just wanted to make poster the point clear that TVC is not show-off thing , it comes handy in certain situations .
Nope...The lady is doing fine on her own merits.

You are one rude dude man. I am not surprised, typical American.
Typical...Yes.

Just because you have some knowledge/experience, so you think you have the authority of lecturing others, especially when all that stuff which I mentioned was picked up from American media.
Which you and other gullible people eagerly lapped them up. As for experience, you should wise up and understand that experience does carry its own weight of authority.

I suggest you give your lecture on critical thinking to Rachel Maddow, she needs it more than me. :rofl:

And who exactly are you? If you really have so much time to spend on defense forums and trying to prove how great your F-22 is than why don't you book a time slot on CNN or Fox or CBS and keep preaching on to the whole world, you will get more coverage than what you are getting here.
The public blogoshpere already did.

Who really cares about F-22, a plane that no other country except America will ever fly.
If people do not care, they would not be talking about it, right? But since there are no shortages of comparison and absurd claims that practically defy the laws of physics to downplay the F-22, I say the 'who' really cares a great deal.

Incorrect. I agree with DOB, TVC is overrated in my opinion too. When your adversary is employing 5th Generation WVR Missiles linked to their HMS, than you have a problem and TVC wont help much. TVC is great for promoting the Aircrafts Aerodynamics in Flying Shows but in Real Combat the TVC wont help much when a missile capable of maneuvering at 50g is on its tail. I am willing to bet the pilot of MKI is more likely to use his ECM/EW pods to either jam the missile before it is launched or if launched than misguide it and than spit out Chaffs/Flares to neutralize it.

IAF pilots employed their TVC technology against the USAF F15's and F16's and that is precisely what got them killed. For a big jet like the SU30, employing TVC means it causes drag and lets out kinetic energy giving the adversary an advantage.

I was talking about BVR Missiles.....and you have the slightest idea of what happened in the red flag? It was the rookie pilots who didnt switch off their TVC and often went into post stall maneuvers which bled energy and got them killed. And TVC is the best thing there to increase the instantaneous turn rate of the aircraft.

I was talking about BVR Missiles.....and you have the slightest idea of what happened in the red flag? It was the rookie pilots who didnt switch off their TVC and often went into post stall maneuvers which bled energy and got them killed. And TVC is the best thing there to increase the instantaneous turn rate of the aircraft.

Rookie pilots? - I thought you guys would save your best pilots for MKI's and these type of exercises.

But it goes to show the old addage of "man behind the machine".

Rookie pilots? - I thought you guys would save your best pilots for MKI's and these type of exercises.

But it goes to show the old addage of "man behind the machine".

No it does not work that way in India...you put the best pilot in an average machine he makes the aircraft look good. And the IAF wanted to have younger pilots on red flag because they tend to stay longer in the airforce and spread their exposure to the newer pilots coming into the air force. Most of the pilots there went to learn how the USAF operates in such an atmosphere. Objective attained. They learnt a lot fron us and the other way round. It was a total win win situation for both of us. And exercises arent d*ck measuring contests for IAF. We have developed tactics and strategy in a Vaccum and now in the new century many air forces are practising with us and they are world class ones. It gives us a great oppurtunities to test our tactics against the worlds best...that is if u consider the air forces we are practising with nearly every year like the Armee de l'air, RAF, IsAF, SAF and the USAF.

Back
Top Bottom