What's new

PAF visited by Swedish Air Force

Thor

Reaction score
Major General Anders Silwer, Commander Swedish Air Force visited Air Headquarters in Islamabad on Wednesday.

On his arrival at Air Headquarters, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force received the distinguished guest.

A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force presented the Guard of Honour, says a press release issued here. After reviewing the Guard of Honour, he was introduced to Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force.

The visiting guest paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument at Air Headquarters Islamabad.

He also called on Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman in his office. Both remained together for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.

The delegation attended a briefing at Air Headquarters on the organization, role and functioning of Pakistan Air Force.*

Commander Swedish air force visits Air HQs,10/27/2011 4:21:01 AM

---------------

Now this is one partnership Pakistan should enhance further.

The Swedes are second to none when it comes to certain technology and the recent upset from the MMRCA from India adds little influence against Pakistan.

They are the dogs boll0cks when it comes to battlefield weapons and to see a few

The archer artillery system

The mark 110 57 mm naval gun

And loads others......

I recall reading how they pi55ed the US off when a stealth submarine successfully evaded US SUVs and warships and could not be detected by the US machinery. I remember reading the US admiral just asking how they just wanted to know how to detect it lol

What do members here think

We should buy missiles, radars, and jet engines. I love the Gripen 39 that they have but i think over time our JF-17 will evolve into something better. Now that India rejected their offer for the MMRCA tender, we now have the chance to go back to our defence relations with them.

Major General Anders Silwer, Commander Swedish Air Force visited Air Headquarters in Islamabad on Wednesday.

On his arrival at Air Headquarters, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force received the distinguished guest.

A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force presented the Guard of Honour, says a press release issued here. After reviewing the Guard of Honour, he was introduced to Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force.

The visiting guest paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument at Air Headquarters Islamabad.

He also called on Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman in his office. Both remained together for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.

The delegation attended a briefing at Air Headquarters on the organization, role and functioning of Pakistan Air Force.*

Commander Swedish air force visits Air HQs,10/27/2011 4:21:01 AM

---------------

Now this is one partnership Pakistan should enhance further.

The Swedes are second to none when it comes to certain technology and the recent upset from the MMRCA from India adds little influence against Pakistan.

They are the dogs boll0cks when it comes to battlefield weapons and to see a few

The archer artillery system

The mark 110 57 mm naval gun

And loads others......

I recall reading how they pi55ed the US off when a stealth submarine successfully evaded US SUVs and warships and could not be detected by the US machinery. I remember reading the US admiral just asking how they just wanted to know how to detect it lol

What do members here think

Not to mention that Sweden has one of the highest living standards in the world and the happiest people....

Sweden has nothing to offer anymore to Pakistan.

Well, Pakistan does assemble it's 50% share of JFT components and airframe using the aeronautics industrial machinery we obtained from Sweden. Perhaps some more secret deals to that effect are under way, their airforce's top leadership doesn't just pick countries to visit randomly off a globe.

Well, Pakistan does assemble it's 50% share of JFT components and airframe using the aeronautics industrial machinery we obtained from Sweden. Perhaps some more secret deals to that effect are under way, their airforce's top leadership doesn't just pick countries to visit randomly off a globe.

I guess Pakistan is probably going to buy some equipment for new PAF Aeronautical Complex near Nawabshah,Sindh.

i want to know one thing why do these air chiefs vists to other nations forces what is idea behind it what is realy about it why they visit thwy want to see how professional PAF and its jets is or thats it

purchasing from Swedes is like falling in spider web. So many strings and conditions attached that its annoying at times. They also follow double standards as the Gripen was not offered to us despite Musharraf made a special visit for solely this purpose, reason given was Indo-Pak relations. Couple of years down the road, Gripen was on offer and attending Aero India putting all reasoning down the drain.

Surely tht benefits Pakistan....

In a way that.....far from the world of weapons and fighter jets, we could actually learn something worthy from them......as a society...

Pakistan needs a revitalized soul...not new fighter jets......the sooner we realize that......the better off we would be...

Back
Top Bottom