What's new

PAF F-16 mlu specifications and 36 blk 52+ prospects

Other than 14 remaining are also to be updated whats this upgrade ?

turkey can upgrade jets on their own to block 50/52 standards ?? where will they get all the equipments sensors, radars electronic suit software upgrade and if they buy equipments from american firms are you serious without U S permission they can do that ??

if they can with their own technology is it true to compair it with american block 50/52 ??
anyways i still feel ukrain can do it better in terms of indiginious technology but i doubt the souce that paf has odered upgrades without telling or floating tendor
No Turkey cannot upgrade F-16s or manufacture F-16s without USA permissions. Even if Pakistan going to purchase old F-16s from third country still need USA permission same was the case with Jordanian F-16s. Pakistan got these jets with USA permission. And if now Pakistan will go for additional old F-16s they have to seek permission from USA and USA will permit it because USA didnt block any sale of F-16s to Pakistan. It was just congress put restriction that those 8 F-16s cannot subsidized from FMF.

fantassy and patriotism is OK but i asked for links /proofs tell me do you have it ?
I think you have to go back in 2006 when this deal was signed then DSCA issued letter of agreement and procurement details.

its not working here but anyway i got my answer thanks :D
http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article1878.html

I am sure this one helps you and remember to read the bottom line where they mentioned this ;)
"Courtesy of Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA)"

These are going to be Viper upgrades as Block 50/52 level upgrades have already been done.

These are going to be Viper upgrades as Block 50/52 level upgrades have already been done.
With all deu respect Doctor saheb they are not even Blk40-42 level MLU done on them and you are saying/dreaming of Blk52-52+ level MLU logic says if you already had got 45+ Blk52 level F16s why so much noise over just 8 new ones :azn:

well dosent it also says :azn:
Details of the potential sale to Pakistan

and i asked about the potential upgrades on remaing 45+14 F16s PAF have thing is PAF might get Blk40-42 MLU on its 45+14 F16A/B models and its 2016 and you have only18 instead of 36 planned way back in 2006 ... nuff said ;)
Dear 31+14=45 F-16s are already got EMLU (Enhanced Mid Life Upgrades) in TAI from 2010-2014 and these 45 F-16s are now on par with Block 50/52.
And about your query that potential sale to Pakistan, well congress approved that sale without any modifications. Now because DSCA dont have record beyond 2008 that's why i cannot provide the exact DSCA website link here.
And for remaining 13 Jordanian ADF F-16s. It might be going through some upgrades in turkey right now but i am not sure.
Total 18 New + 45 Old = 63 are now block 50/52 standard.

Dear 31+14=45 F-16s are already got EMLU (Enhanced Mid Life Upgrades) in TAI from 2010-2014 and these 45 F-16s are now on par with Block 50/52.
And about your query that potential sale to Pakistan, well congress approved that sale without any modifications. Now because DSCA dont have record beyond 2008 that's why i cannot provide the exact DSCA website link here.
And for remaining 13 Jordanian ADF F-16s. It might be going through some upgrades in turkey right now but i am not sure.
Total 18 New + 45 Old = 63 are now block 50/52 standard.
is there any link by PAF or makers of F16 , Janes defence weekly , Flight Global or simmilar level international aviation magzine that says pakistan have 63 Blk 50/52 level F16s .... please furnish one and thanks in advance thank you sir

With all deu respect Doctor saheb they are not even Blk40-42 level MLU done on them and you are saying/dreaming of Blk52-52+ level MLU logic says if you already had got 45+ Blk52 level F16s why so much noise over just 8 new ones :azn:
Why are you not accepting the truth where as we provided you so many links and if you ask this back in 2010 then i will provide you the exact link of this sale and letter of agreement.
The main difference of EMLUs F-16s and Block 52 F-16s are structure and Engine.
Because structure wise Block 52 support conformal fuel tanks where as EMLU not and Engine is more powerful than in the EMLUs.
But as far as avionics and weaponary are concerned then their is no difference in avionics except few differences.
I think you have to read that again and you tell me how you can say that those 45 F-16s are not having even block 40 upgrade? Please explain.

is there any link by PAF or makers of F16 , Janes defence weekly , Flight Global or simmilar level international aviation magzine that says pakistan have 63 Blk 50/52 level F16s .... please furnish one and thanks in advance thank you sir
search on Jane's defence you will get full details of that sale.

from wikipedia '' The Bush administration on 24 July 2008 informed the US Congress it plans to shift nearly $230 million of $300 million in aid from counterterrorism programs to upgrading Pakistan's aging F-16s.[106] The Bush administration previously announced on 27 June 2008 it was proposing to sell Pakistan ITT Corporation's electronic warfare gear valued at up to $75 million to enhance Islamabad's existing F-16s.[107] Pakistan has asked about buying as many as 21 AN/ALQ-211(V)9 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite pods, or AIDEWS, and related equipment.[108] The proposed sale will ensure that the existing fleet is "compatible" with new F-16 Block 50/52 fighters being purchased by Islamabad''

Why are you not accepting the truth where as we provided you so many links and if you ask this back in 2010 then i will provide you the exact link of this sale and letter of agreement.
The main difference of EMLUs F-16s and Block 52 F-16s are structure and Engine.
Because structure wise Block 52 support conformal fuel tanks where as EMLU not and Engine is more powerful than in the EMLUs.
But as far as avionics and weaponary are concerned then their is no difference in avionics except few differences.
I think you have to read that again and you tell me how you can say that those 45 F-16s are not having even block 40 upgrade? Please explain.
well brother /sir with all deu respect im a very ignorant and non important person .... trust me

but the thing is every one knows that those 45 or so F16s indeed got powerfull engines and some engine and avionik upgrades to help them diliver contemprarry air to ground weapons and thats it they dont have the JHMCS or the HOBS AIM9X WVR missiles or the latest radar & EW & ECM suites of Blk52 level but i sure can be wrong

to all respected members and mods im just catching up with defnce related knowledge which i missed in some 5 months of my absence from PDF please ignoare my ignorence my queries are just for knowledge no trolling or Pun intended i respect PAF very much and all for indo pak normal relations and love pakistan

guru go through this thread-- I am sick of you trolling on this issue multiple times without any common sense -- next time you do this, I will perm ban you from paf section

guru go through this thread-- I am sick of you trolling on this issue multiple times without any common sense -- next time you do this, I will perm ban you from paf section
thanks for your response sir i really admire your knowledge over defnce related matter very very much i was just trying to catch up on my knowledge level deu to 5 months of my absence from PDF i was not trolling i opologise if you felt that way and its my last post on this thread bye

they dont have the JHMCS or the HOBS AIM9X WVR missiles or the latest radar & EW & ECM suites of Blk52 level
HMDs are there, so is ECM suit (pod)
Aim 9X is not part of PAF yet.

Over all MLU package is here

upload_2016-5-25_17-43-11.png

as per Proof ............... have a look at ECM pod (ALQ 131)

upload_2016-5-25_17-50-22.jpeg

upload_2016-5-25_17-50-41.jpeg

PAF F16 MLU are 90% as capable as Blk 50-52+ are....................

but i sure can be wrong

Half wrong ..................

Last edited:
thanks for your response sir i really admire your knowledge over defnce related matter very very much i was just trying to catch up on my knowledge level deu to 5 months of my absence from PDF i was not trolling i opologise if you felt that way and its my last post on this thread bye
Good. Please dont hurry back -------for a couple of centuries Like!!!!
A

well brother /sir with all deu respect im a very ignorant and non important person .... trust me

but the thing is every one knows that those 45 or so F16s indeed got powerfull engines and some engine and avionik upgrades to help them diliver contemprarry air to ground weapons and thats it they dont have the JHMCS or the HOBS AIM9X WVR missiles or the latest radar & EW & ECM suites of Blk52 level but i sure can be wrong

to all respected members and mods im just catching up with defnce related knowledge which i missed in some 5 months of my absence from PDF please ignoare my ignorence my queries are just for knowledge no trolling or Pun intended i respect PAF very much and all for indo pak normal relations and love pakistan
Sir jee you are asking the link of a sale which occured 10 years back and even DSCA removed all data beyound 2008 and Jane's defense also removed data which is very old.
And as far as your question remained, well see 45 old F-16s have same radar which block 52 have APG-68 V9, it is compatible with JHMCS, Its EW and ECM suits are same, both are using Sniper targetting pod, both are using AMRAAM, JDAM and etc. Now about AIM-9X, well american refused to release AIM-9X, If they released AIM-9X you will definitely seen on ADA F-16s A/B EMLUs.
Now i can not take you and show you the EMLUs F-16s on PAF base so that you will be satisfied. I told you that Major difference between PAF block 52 and EMLUs are Structural and Engine and few other changes.

fantassy and patriotism is OK but i asked for links /proofs tell me do you have it ?
Here is one more proof to add to your tally of 34. You have been trolling the threads repeatedly and inspite of warning are not desisting. I have therefore reported you . The answer to your querry has been provided by Salman Badshah. He has provided you the details of what the MLU entailed. You know very well that the engine and lack of CFT remains making the range of the MLU birds less than Bl52s. As to capabilities they are there or almost there with the upgrades. Whether they are Bl. 52s or bl 42s remains a mute point. The information is on the net and freely available so you cant just go on asking the smae question again and again. Post reported MODS please ban this idiot from PAF sections

Back
Top Bottom