What's new

PAC Launches Android Tablet – PAC-PAD Takhti 7

They make a bunch of stuff. Tablets, e-readers and laptops. Yes this stuff is relatively low end, but it is cheap, domestically made and a great entry point for many middle class and poorer Pakistanis into the tech market.

PAC, NESCOM and KRL along with Pakistan Army and Pakistan Navy Electronics and Electrical divisions should join together in order to do a JV to produce for all the three Divisions:
1.Basic Computer and Architecture System.
2.Navigation and Communication System.
3.Counter Measure System.
4.Sensors(Radar, Sonar and IR)

with EU countries like France, Italy, UK, Germany and even Sweden.

here are the specs:
Pac-Pad-Table.jpg

anyone here using PAC Pad 1? how is it?
may be this will give us an idea! if any one can guide if its good, i am interested to buy?

ANY USERS here?

and also, what strange in PAC PAD Takhti 7, the specs to not show WiFi! is it really so? doesnt it have WiFi input?

by the way, really liked the name,, THAKHTI!!
:lol:

So how many units were ever sold? Is it a commercial success? Is there a new model available now?

So how many units were ever sold? Is it a commercial success? Is there a new model available now?
I dont have the exact numbers but i bought and used one for a few years. Why? What happened?

I dont have the exact numbers but i bought and used one for a few years. Why? What happened?

Sometimes it is informative to go back and look at how fantastic claims meet reality over time, that is all. :D

Sometimes it is informative to go back and look at how fantastic claims meet reality over time, that is all. :D
ohh,, so its about that:lol: you must be really MAD at that discussion about US and bomb policies :P

Well it was never going to beat iPad if someone claimed that!! But i do remember people being pessimist (or may be hopeful :P) but i seem to remember some people talking about how there will be no car manufacturing plants set up on Pakistan (under new auto policy) or how there wont be any JF-17 export orders!! But never mind!!

ohh,, so its about that:lol: you must be really MAD at that discussion about US and bomb policies :P

Well it was never going to beat iPad if someone claimed that!! But i do remember people being pessimist (or may be hopeful :P) but i seem to remember some people talking about how there will be no car manufacturing plants set up on Pakistan (under new auto policy) or how there wont be any JF-17 export orders!! But never mind!!

Is the JF-17 the same as the FC-1? Or Thar Coal Gasification. Huge oil discoveries. Reko Diq. Investments by the tens of billions, repeatedly. Forget all that, lets remain on topic here. :D

Oh well, the Takhti Tablet follows its original namesake into oblivion, as predicted.

(By the way, is the New Auto Policy dead yet or not? I am sure we will talk about it in a more appropriate thread when the time comes. :D )

Is the JF-17 the same as the FC-1? Or Thar Coal Gasification. Huge oil discoveries. Reko Diq. Investments by the tens of billions, repeatedly. Forget all that, lets remain on topic here. :D
No, its not same!! And that was not even the point. I remember some asked me to TAG them when the plane gets its first export orders. However i decided to let it go, as knowing the people, there would have been some new excuse made. :D

Thar Coal project in running, under ground gasification was always a daunting task and at least i was not very hopeful about it. My village is some 3 hours drive from the place so i knew the facts first hand.

Oh well, the Takhti Tablet follows its original namesake into oblivion, as predicted.
It was a one shot trial project, the device was good but there was no follow up done. Again, if anyone was thinking it will compete with Apple, well their mistake!!

(By the way, is the New Auto Policy dead yet or not? I am sure we will talk about it in a more appropriate thread when the time comes. :D )
Its not. Two plants are under construction already. Two to three more will also come up.

It was a one shot trial project, the device was good but there was no follow up done. Again, if anyone was thinking it will compete with Apple, well their mistake!!

So no plans for a follow-up project of a similar kind, I take it. One Takhti shot and done?

So no plans for a follow-up project of a similar kind, I take it. One Takhti shot and done?
I guess there were two models. The Chinese flooded the market with low prices tabs and there was no point in investing further on this. Today bulk of the market is held by Chinese products and small part by the top end Apple and Samsung products. A new player cannot complete with Chinese ones on price and Apple/Samsung on tech and brand value. It is a simple business analysis.

I guess there were two models. The Chinese flooded the market with low prices tabs and there was no point in investing further on this. Today bulk of the market is held by Chinese products and small part by the top end Apple and Samsung products. A new player cannot complete with Chinese ones on price and Apple/Samsung on tech and brand value. It is a simple business analysis.

That makes sense.

But it also has important implications for similar endeavors in other fields, wouldn't you agree? Given the current drive to increase local production and exports by the current government, how does Pakistan carve a niche for its value-added products (not just raw materials) in any sector of the economy?

That makes sense.

But it also has important implications for similar endeavors in other fields, wouldn't you agree? Given the current drive to increase local production and exports by the current government, how does Pakistan carve a niche for its value-added products (not just raw materials) in any sector of the economy?
By upgrading industrial base, by working out more in products we are good at (yeah, there are a few :D), by educating and spreading awareness in local market.

by working out more in products we are good at (yeah, there are a few

Such as?

It would be interesting to see what list you can come up with, since it can be argued that anything Pakistan can produce in a value-added manner already has fierce international competition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom