What's new

P-15A Kolkata-class DDG is here

That's PS.

Its a photo of an Indian Navy ship, not Chinese, so I ll have to give you a no on the photoshop. Ehmkay?

floatingphotoshop_mini.jpeg

China-Fake-Photo-01.jpg

Its a photo of an Indian Navy ship, not Chinese, so I ll have to give you a no on the photoshop. Ehmkay?

floatingphotoshop_mini.jpeg

China-Fake-Photo-01.jpg

Just like our local officials PS these kind of visits, indian military PS their military equipment lol.

Show me a video of it firing a missile from a VLS.

Don't give us PS photos and Indian edited Wikipedia pages.

Kahan se aajatey hein yeh log yaar.....Feel like using some bad words first time in my life..:pissed:

The AESA mast and the rear radar are not consistent. Please upgrade the rear radar to 21st century technology. :-)

P-15B will look a lot more "cleaner", stealthier, less cluttery like the P-17A.

The design itself is actually good, but we tend to use too many external mounted weapons and antennas, which clearly must interfere with a aim to reduce the RCS, here a Fremm class for comparison:

premiere-sortie-a-la-mer-de-la-fregate-multimissions-aquitaine.jpg

The design itself is actually good, but we tend to use too many external mounted weapons and antennas, which clearly must interfere with a aim to reduce the RCS, here a Fremm class for comparison:

premiere-sortie-a-la-mer-de-la-fregate-multimissions-aquitaine.jpg

True on external weapons,but Fremm's Radar mount is lower in height than kolkata giving lesser coverage?

That's just a pic how it "might" look like, but check similar pics of P15:

app_132_0.jpg

Looks much cleaner than the actual pic shows right? The anti sub rockets alone are a bad idea imo when it comes to RCS reductions. There must be a better way to house them behind coverings or in a shaped launcher and as much stealthy shaped the main radar is, what's the use when the rear radar is just a basic old design without any reductions at all?

Hopefully, its not like another Kalkata class destroyer. The ship maybe completed quickly. But takes over 8+ years to fitted it out, test it and induct it.

Thats because the weapons systems[heavy torpedo and SAM-barak 8]were in development and ALSO modular construction was not used.
Newer ships will use both modular construction and developed and tested weapons platforms giving much quicker time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom