What's new

OTTOMAN ARMY IN GALLIPOLI (with a Wonderful Song and Pics) Allahu Akbar

@ Raptor : I wonder why Pakistan, Malaysia, Libya, Algeria and a whole host of other countries that I can think of have the star and the crescent on their flags ? I was under the impression that it had something to do with Islamic Symbolism....or so most books on the Pakistani flag, that I've read, say as such !

Go_STUDY_______________________by_Super_Frashooh.png

Islam took the cresendant star from Sassanids but some says Easter Rome. But maybe Islam accepted Cresendant because muslim usage of moon calendar?

Deno, before I leave this thread, what's your religion or background just curious? half-German? hindu?

Your attitude is astounding!

Islam took the cresendant star from Sassanids but some says Easter Rome. But maybe Islam accepted Cresendant because muslim usage of moon calendar?

Yeah I was under the same impression that it was because of the Lunar calender and consequently the Hijra system of keeping time. But I remember reading a book on the Pakistan Movement and it had a chapter (rather half a chapter) on the Pakistani Flag and in it it was explicitly asserted that the Crescent and the Star was asserted because of its deep, deep Islamic Connotation...khair anyhow, whatever it was I wouldn't want it any different...because my country's flag is truly bad arse :smokin:

Yeah I was under the same impression that it was because of the Lunar calender and consequently the Hijra system of keeping time. But I remember reading a book on the Pakistan Movement and it had a chapter (rather half a chapter) on the Pakistani Flag and in it it was explicitly asserted that the Crescent and the Star was asserted because of its deep, deep Islamic Connotation...khair anyhow, whatever it was I wouldn't want it any different...because my country's flag is truly bad arse :smokin:

The crescent & star on the Pakistani flag isn't there simply because of Islamic connotation, it has other meanings as well. The crescent represents light & knowledge where as the star represents light, progress & as far as I know excellence.

Here is a link on the Pakistani flag:

Information of Pakistan

Without stupid pagans crescent star, red flag would be better for Turkey symbol blood sacrifice colorful.

red-flag.jpg

Deno gotta love this, :yahoo:

Crescent Moon is a Symbol of Islam!!!
Therefore Muslim Turks used this symbol in their flags as the guardian of Islam against the enemies of Islam...
This Ottoman Flag was the CALIPHATE FLAG for 500 years..!!!
Some racists tell Ergenekon tales here..
Don't care them..!

Crescent Moon is a Symbol of Islam!!!
Therefore Muslim Turks used this symbol in their flags as the guardian of Islam against the enemies of Islam...
This Ottoman Flag was the CALIPHATE FLAG for 500 years..!!!
Some racists tell Ergenekon tales here..
Don't care them..!

I don't know who you are referring to, but I am not racist. If you read the first link on post #84, it states...........

The early Muslim community did not really have a symbol. During the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Islamic armies and caravans flew simple solid-colored flags (generally black, green, or white) for identification purposes. In later generations, the Muslim leaders continued to use a simple black, white, or green flag with no markings, writing, or symbolism on it.

It wasn't until the Ottoman Empire that the crescent moon and star became affiliated with the Muslim world.

Empires progress by keeping their culture and identity intact. Genuine progress only comes from your own identity and ideology, not that which is borrowed from others. Ottoman Empire was once a feared and powerful, powerful enough to take on the whole Europe when it held on to its Islamic values, culture and ideology.

One mistake which the latter Ottoman sultans did was to become too engrossed in European Culture. Couldn't Ottomans have industrialized keeping their own Islamic identity intact? ooes industrialization require adopting foreign culture? Instead of industrialization the sultans became more engrossed in the arts, ideology and culture of Europe. This meant the Ottoman empire fell behind the whole of Europe.

So was Ottoman better then the present Turkish state? Could Turkey have progressed better, carrying the banner of Ottoman Caliphate? I think yes, Turkey would have been a superpower by now if instead of abolishing Islamic identity (caliphate) in 1923, Mostofa Kemal held on to it and industrialized the Turkish economy. Turkey has the potential. Instead we saw a long period with Turkey fighting with PKK terrorists and as well as numerous coup d etats and political unrest.

However, Turkey now seems to be progressing very well. If this path is followed the objective of "Turkish Islamic Union" can be realized as envisioned by Harun Yahya. However, I would like to see Turkey test a nuclear bomb and advance on missile technology in the near future.

Actually dude, in Turkey, nobody gives a damn about this Muslim unity thing. People are busy with their education and their work. Turkey can be more religious, and can be more atheistic country, but the system will go like this. A secular country, with a Muslim majority.

:rofl: :rofl:

My countrymen and "muslim unity"... :lol:

@S-19
However, Turkey now seems to be progressing very well. If this path is followed the objective of "Turkish Islamic Union" can be realized as envisioned by Harun Yahya

Inshallah, mashallah we will.. :no:

Empires progress by keeping their culture and identity intact. Genuine progress only comes from your own identity and ideology, not that which is borrowed from others. Ottoman Empire was once a feared and powerful, powerful enough to take on the whole Europe when it held on to its Islamic values, culture and ideology.

One mistake which the latter Ottoman sultans did was to become too engrossed in European Culture. Couldn't Ottomans have industrialized keeping their own Islamic identity intact? ooes industrialization require adopting foreign culture? Instead of industrialization the sultans became more engrossed in the arts, ideology and culture of Europe. This meant the Ottoman empire fell behind the whole of Europe.

So was Ottoman better then the present Turkish state? Could Turkey have progressed better, carrying the banner of Ottoman Caliphate? I think yes, Turkey would have been a superpower by now if instead of abolishing Islamic identity (caliphate) in 1923, Mostofa Kemal held on to it and industrialized the Turkish economy. Turkey has the potential. Instead we saw a long period with Turkey fighting with PKK terrorists and as well as numerous coup d etats and political unrest.

However, Turkey now seems to be progressing very well. If this path is followed the objective of "Turkish Islamic Union" can be realized as envisioned by Harun Yahya. However, I would like to see Turkey test a nuclear bomb and advance on missile technology in the near future.
All muslim countries are facing same problem! Half of the people are secularist and half of the people are Islamic.... All the countries are stuck in the middle hotchpotch of atheism and Islam..

Back
Top Bottom