What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

Oh there is a lot of demand for Pork, Our brothers from Punjab and North East love Pork.. We should take them into consideration nand should conduct a festival of all dishes made of Pork..

Bro its not only them. There are huge numbers of pork eaters from all cross sections all over. Pig farming is catching on in a big way in many places and its no more just the back door variety joints or harijan bastis you find them in when speaking of smaller towns with larger muslim populations (Jamshedpur for example).

My favorites are Drunken Pork (suckling piglets marinated in brandy overnight) ad the all time favorite - barbequed pork ribs (at a sizzler joint called Zamu's - heaven!)

pork-ribs-barbecue.jpg

Your post is somewhat contradictory, from what i read in the article, no cow was slaughtered on the campus, rather the group just wanted to enjoy the Beef delicacies, as you said there is no problem in consuming such. :what:

They were not stopped by police but by vigilantes.

Your post is somewhat contradictory, from what i read in the article, no cow was slaughtered on the campus, rather the group just wanted to enjoy the Beef delicacies, as you said there is no problem in consuming such. :what:

They were not stopped by police but by vigilantes.

Unfortunately Osmania university is a hotbed for budding politicians. Everytime there is a Telangana issue, this university becomes the hotbed for the political aficionados. Had it been some where else, there would have been a good chance of the issue passing under the media's radar... Beef is also served in a few other hostels in India, just that it is not publicized or highlighted as a festival.... People who want to have beef, can do so without showoff.

These people most likely had provocative intentions to make it a political issue and they succeeded.

Funny, what's the issue here? The "Beef" that they all supposedly ate almost certainly was buffalo meat. I agree with the organisers that food fascism should not be allowed but I also think that stupidity in protest must also be dealt with. If people were to eat beef by themselves, no one would care. If however, people deliberately chose to make a song & dance about it, then they are being unnecessarily provocative & foolish.

That would be a good way to stir up communal tensions.

Initially may be but we need all the people to understand that eating whatever you want is a personal choice..

I am vegetarian, I survived 2 years in toronto :woot: when surrounded by people eating Oysters and other stuff..
it is time, we start respecting what others want to eat..

So all for Pork, Beef and Veg say AYe

Initially may be but we need all the people to understand that eating whatever you want is a personal choice..

I am vegetarian, I survived 2 years in toronto :woot: when surrounded by people eating Oysters and other stuff..
it is time, we start respecting what others want to eat..

So all for Pork, Beef and Veg say AYe

Oysters are nice.

But eating expensive food like oysters, designates me as bourgeois scum! Long live the proletariat!

Would you extend the same liberty to Danish cartoons in Pakistani magazines, or books from Salman Rushdie being sold in Lahore and Islamabad?.. Whoever wants to buy them can, and rest who dont, wont pay for it.. Viva la liberty ... Eh ??

I personally support freedom of speech, however would encourage people not to do so of their own volition. Being an asshole is everybody's right, but nothing to show ma and pa over it.

Freedom gets top priority.

We should respect each others culture and religion, in UK for example if you walk into a asian food joint they do not sell pork or beef.

It is their joint, hence their free choice to not sell it. We should respect each other, but its not mandatory.

Speaking of Hyderabadi, I for one find their biryani highly overrated man. Heard so much about it and found it incredibly dry and ordinary (that famous place which has a big chain). Prefer biryanis of our Pune joints like George or Blue Nile or Grand Darbar much more.

Try making Biryani from the Sindhi Biryani Shan Masala (I've heard Pakistani ready to cook masalas are available in India). Other Indians I've recommended it to swear that they haven't had better Biryani before.

If they want to eat beef and have a beef festival..fine but do it outside the college. College campus is not a place for pushing ones political agenda. What if tomorrow someone has a 'Pork festival'.

It was supported by SFI..too bad.I thought they had some standards.

With my limited interaction with Hyderabadi Muslims, I find them to be extremely orthodox.

Frankly thats not true, i am staying in hyderabad and have friends who understand things like these very well. Its the fringe group in Old city particularly the mim cadre who play this kind of mischief mostly.

Back
Top Bottom