What's new

Options for PAF After India Selects Rafale for MMRCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
in 2004-05 PAF came to know about indian MRCA when it was unoffcially announced.
at that time paf decided to see what to do to counter it. so we heard rumours of gripen (cabinent approved it), rafale and even typhoon.
in ned it was decided that 50-60 odd F-16s will do the trick as they are still one of the most advance jets.
however after the earth quack PAF got it sights on j-10 and decided that with improvements in avionics J-10b can potentially be an excellent aircraft.

second what PAF decided in 2007 time that instead of buying European jets, it would be far better to buy avionic packages, which would mean western weapons and avionics with pakistani airframe..

the european avionic would have meant that essentail thunder would be at par to any westeern jets..however this was later dropped due to two reasons
1. money issue but more importantly successful Indian lobby to stop the french
2. the surprising improvement in Chinese avionics, as they had shown exponential growth (not surprsing as they are now working on fifth gen aircraft)

so PAF has already planned long bnefore for this MRCA. it has done so very good.
we will have thunder as our work horse and f-16s/j-10s as strike aircrfts

Make it both ways bro :lol: The MMRCA was going on for almost 6 years ... Surely the PAF may have thought something , No ?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

China has Su 30's right ? Whats the difference ? How do you claim this utter dominance in the subcontinent ?

Hehehehe... nice.... but as i read in one of the thread after signing of contract, first 18 off-shelf aircraft have to be delivered in 36 months.

Chinese Su-30 are comparatively less capable than SU-30MKI, because of israeli avionics and all. Only problem with Su-30MKI is its rcs.

Just how can you sanction the engines bro ? Kill switches in RD 93 ? Is that what you are implying ?

Shouldn't have sold the engines in the first place ... Action speak louder than words actually ...

My dear friend you should know how much time a jet has to rest after one hour of flying and the engine replacement require.

I have question.

what will be the arms package and what will be the cost??
Mica missiles cost was near 1 billion and you can estimate nearly 4-5 billion for package of rafale.

so total deal will be near 25 billion if we include every thing coz there will be 200 rafales for 20 billion.

you couldn't purchase or prepare for mmrca in 6 years:lol:..that your mistake or thks waar on terror;)
now almost western market is either closed or near to close for you.now you can rely on chinese copies:lol:
JFT's and J 10 B were planned ... New AWACS planes were purchased ... Aren't 8 of these EW planes enough w.r.t to our geography ? Net centric approach , C4 systems anyone ? How can you say that nobody did their homework and somehow were dumbfounded when they came to know about Rafale being selected ? :lol:

I know about the Western aspect , the shitty thing is that those Chinese copies are almost on par / equal relatively to the ones derived from assuming you are referring to J 11 which have nothing to do with PAF ... :P

JFT's and J 10 B were planned ... New AWACS planes were purchased ... Aren't 8 of these EW planes enough w.r.t to our geography ? Net centric approach , C4 systems anyone ? How can you say that nobody did their homework and somehow were dumbfounded when they came to know about Rafale being selected ? :lol:

I know about the Western aspect , the shitty thing is that those Chinese copies are almost on par / equal relatively to the ones derived from assuming you are referring to J 11 which have nothing to do with PAF ... :P

ok my bad:P

WOW, 31 pages of posts in less than a day and most of them are Indians...
Why couldn't we have these discussions before when we knew that India is going to pick one of the mmrca?

Why couldn't we have these discussions before when we knew that India is going to pick one of the mmrca?
Its entertaining to discuss on various scenarios, People also discussed about EFT too....

My dear friend you should know how much time a jet has to rest after one hour of flying and the engine replacement require.
My dear friend should know how many engines are already delivered ! 500 engines for 150~200 ... Is it bad ? :P

you already had disucssions but it was desired to happen one day :P

My dear friend should know how many engines are already delivered ! 500 engines for 150~200 ... Is it bad ? :P
Yaar koi naya aspect laate hain, engines se bore ho gaye...... Network centric ability par koi idea...

P.S. - Kahan chale jate ho yaar baar baar..

f-16s/j-10 against Mighty Su30mki+Rafale+Mig29+Mirage 2000

PAF would be sending lambs to the slaughter if they dare to cross border with these old toys. Moreover India is no longer interested in confronting Pakistan. Making Pak people aware of corrupt PAK armed forces is best cost effective way to cut PAF and PAK army to size.

F-16 52, JF-17 Block I-III and J-10B.

Please tell me how those can't face up to IAF.

:rofl: " God's gift to Aviation " ... Nothing comes close right ? Not even the J10's ?

Mig 29/ Mirage 2000 can be countered with JFT's ... What old toys are you referring to ? :azn:

those upgraded mirages will be able to take on your f-16 block 52 and upgraded mig 29 is separate problem for you:P
and leave sukhois from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom