What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

Militants ran away in all directions north,south and towards Afghanistan, but question how they ran away if sorrunded by army from all three directions .

It means they ran away before the start of operation and now hidding in high mountains waiting for right time .

Open Google Earth, go to SWA and see what kind of harsh terrain environment there is. Army had closed the major roads in and out of SW, so the food items and such kind of other stuff stops going in or become hard to get. The hundreds of land routes in between the mountains to be crossed by foot were not all of them monitored, so the chances of their escape was there which they utilized. They have horses, mules & donkeys at their disposal too, which they can utilize.

Plus they had plenty of time in which to run away, many of them did left behind to fight, but in the start they did gave a tough fight but once they saw the tactics of PA un-counterable, they left in disarray, evident by the weapons & other stuff left behind. Most probably majority may have been there hiding in the mountains, but with Army all around and closing in to far flung areas each day, their options of hiding are being reduced and confined.

Open Google Earth, go to SWA and see what kind of harsh terrain environment there is. Army had closed the major roads in and out of SW, so the food items and such kind of other stuff stops going in or become hard to get. The hundreds of land routes in between the mountains to be crossed by foot were not all of them monitored, so the chances of their escape was there which they utilized. They have horses, mules & donkeys at their disposal too, which they can utilize.

Plus they had plenty of time in which to run away, many of them did left behind to fight, but in the start they did gave a tough fight but once they saw the tactics of PA un-counterable, they left in disarray, evident by the weapons & other stuff left behind. Most probably majority may have been there hiding in the mountains, but with Army all around and closing in to far flung areas each day, their options of hiding are being reduced and confined.

It means practically it is impossible for army to block their escape routes , now they are hidding and making new stronge holds in Kurram,Orkzai,Wana and near Afghan boarder.After winter they will try to recapture Makeen,Razmak,Saragoha,Ladha.

It will be a long term gurrilla war may continue for many decades

It means practically it is impossible for army to block their escape routes , now they are hidding and making new stronge holds in Kurram,Orkzai,Wana and near Afghan boarder.After winter they will try to recapture Makeen,Razmak,Saragoha,Ladha.

same as old days

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: :hitwall::hitwall:

TTP propaganda
Dawn Editorial
Friday, 25 Dec, 2009

Waliur Rehman, the kingpin of militants in South Waziristan, has emerged from hiding to make some bold claims. ‘Thousands’ of the TTP’s men have been sent to Afghanistan to fight the American-led foreign forces, according to Rehman, while the TTP has 2,500 trained suicide bombers ready to strike ‘anywhere’ in Pakistan. Truth or propaganda? Given what is known about the TTP, it would appear to be the latter.

In recent times, the Afghan Taliban have gone to some length to dissociate themselves from the TTP. Mullah Omar himself is believed to have rejected the TTP’s militant activities inside Pakistan and expressed displeasure about the attacks against places of worship and civilian targets. Indeed, some among the Afghan Taliban have even gone to the extent of dropping the ‘Taliban’ appellation in a bid to distinguish themselves from their Pakistani ‘counterparts’. So why would Waliur Rehman try to interpose the TTP into the militants fighting in Afghanistan? The answer seems to lie in attempting to re-position the TTP as a force fighting a ‘legitimate’ war against a foreign enemy. And since the Pakistani state is supporting the ‘enemy’, the TTP is probably seeking to justify its increasingly unpopular war inside Pakistan by resorting to that old canard that a friend of the enemy is also an enemy.

Regarding the claim of several thousand suicide bombers waiting to be dispatched, the TTP is almost certainly trying to alarm the public here and in doing so to put pressure on the state to call off its military operations. Without a doubt the almost daily suicide attacks are an indication that the TTP really does have a significant number of suicide bombers ready to be deployed. But grim as that threat may be, events since Operation Rah-i-Nijat in South Waziristan suggest that Waliur Rehman was exaggerating by an order of magnitude the size of the ‘army’ of suicide bombers at the TTP’s disposal.

However, while Rehman may well have been spewing propaganda to recover the TTP’s lost standing and put the state under fresh pressure, there is real cause for alarm for another reason. How did Rehman and the TTP spokesman Azam Tariq find it possible to arrange a meeting with media personnel? The TTP’s centre of gravity in South Waziristan may well be no more, but the army has had virtually no success in eliminating or capturing the top-tier leadership. Poor intelligence-gathering has been blamed for that glaring shortcoming, but if Waliur Rehman’s ‘press conference’ is anything to go by, the situation is still dire on that front.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | TTP propaganda

I have been contributing to this forum for almost two months now. During this i time i have fought with the sheer arrogance of the moderators and admins of this forum.

The final straw was when they closed my welcome thread, as some of my friends were posting there.

I asked them for a reason and the reply was and i quote " i shall consider myself lucky that it was allowed for that long..."

No I don't consider myself lucky at all, they shall consider themselves lucky that people, like myself, waste their time by posting on this web page.

As far as i am concern if my welcome thread is not good enough to be here then they don't deserve to have my other contributions to this forum either.

Hence i am withdrawing all my posts from this forum.

Last edited:
Air strikes kill 10 in Orakzai Agency

Tariq Saeed

Peshawar—The strikes by the PAF jets in parts of Orakzai agency Friday morning killed at least ten people and wounded around a dozen others. On the other hand the security forces also mowed down four militants in Swat Malakand agency on Friday.

Reports reaching here said the forces’ gunship choppers and fighter jets went for incessant bombings in Feroz Khel area in the outskirts of Aurakzai agency Friday wee hours. Initial reports said as many as ten people were killed and a dozen others sustained injuries.

The officials claim the jet fighters targeted two suspected hide outs of the militants in lower Orakzai killing 10 insurgents.

The officials also claimed that number of militant’s vehicles were also destroyed during the strikes and the wounded insurgents were shifted to Hangu and Kalaya hospitals for treatment.

The local sources, however, said the Jet planes targeted a house of a tribal elder known as Malik Zikria in Feroz Khel village leaving as many as ten people dead and wounded many others adding the locals retrieved the dead bodies and the wounded persons from the debris of the house.

In the meanwhile, four insurgents were killed in fierce clashes with security forces in Swat on Friday morning as the operation Rah-e-Rast was in progress in Malakand agency.

According to Swat media centre, security forces launched operation in response to secrete intelligence with regard to whereabouts of miscreants, hiding in Tehsil of Bari Kot Swat district. The skirmishes between the insurgents and the security forces, as the officials say, ended with four militants killed in the shoot out.

Top Stories | Pakistan Observer Newspaper online edition

Eighteen militants arrested in Malakand

Thursday, 24 Dec, 2009

PESHAWAR: Security forces cleared 50 compounds and bunkers of militants in South Waziristan and apprehended 18 suspected terrorists from Swat and Malakand, DawnNews reported.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), security forces carried out search and clearance operations in Basti Dewala near Gomal University, Wanda Mochian in Dera Ismail Khan and apprehended a large number of suspects.

In the Razmak region, security forces conducted search operations in Lowara Punga near Mana and cleared 50 compounds and bunkers.

Two Afghan suspects were also apprehended and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the site.

In Swat and Malakand, five suspected terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces. — DawnNews

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Eighteen militants arrested in Malakand

if u are statin the word 'impossible' then why blame the operation and call it 'not planned right'? planners did the best they can and according to u it was impossible for them to fill the escape routes. so this means i should blame the geography but not planners.

now taking into account ur assumption of 'impossible', should we stop fighting them and let them kill our people everyday? if we are on the right side then surely Allah's help will come sooner or later. nothing is impossible for Him or am i wrong here?

now either we are right or we are wrong and ur answer to this will tell us which side are u really supportin

i
now either we are right or we are wrong and ur answer to this will tell us which side are u really supportin

Of course, Fundamentalist will say he always supports the side of Allah ........(don't we all?)

Back
Top Bottom