What's new

Operation Bluestar-What could have been done?

Anubis

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The purpose of this thread is not to start a flame war!Please refrain from using abusive languages.

Almost all of us know about Operation Bluestar and the Golden Temple conflict of 1984.400-1500 Sikhs died that day.83 soldiers were killed too.It also led to the death of 20,000 people as a result of riots and the assassination of the Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.

My question what could have been done differently to avoid this much death and enraging the Sikh people?How could the Indian government or the Army carry out the operation or was it a mistake to go after Bhindranwale in the first place?

For those who do not know the following documentary will give you a general idea about the incident!

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of things could have been done, but the evil, in power Govt. didn't do anything and we the dumb citizens of our country rather than revolting, were sitting like patients of acute paralysis. Now that's gone and we can't change History but lesson from that, we need to make sure, something so inhuman, disgusting and barbaric never gets repeated in future. The in-power Govt. and all the other political parties and Leaders should know, if they try to repeat anything like that again they will have to suffer severe consequences.

And one imp thing which should be done to at least bring some justice.... Hang the Bu$t@rds involved immediately.

Note - What I said is only in context with the Genocide and not Operation Blue Star.

Indira Gandhis obsession with a fully secular communist state caused 20,000 people to die...

I fail to realize why Sikhs feel so offended of Operation Bluestar I mean if a similar incident happen in any major Hindu temple where armed groups have taken hundreds of pilgrims as hostage I fully support military operation to protect the holy site from further desecration by those scums and rescue innocent unarmed civilians.
Any Sikh members please clear my doubts.

I fail to realize why Sikhs feel so offended of Operation Bluestar I mean if a similar incident happen in any major Hindu temple where armed groups have taken hundreds of pilgrims as hostage I fully support military operation to protect the holy site from further desecration by those scums and rescue innocent unarmed civilians.

Fine, but the only one who desecrated the Golden Temple and killed civilians was your army.

I think if a sniper took out Bhindranwale while he was in the open would be less offensive then what actually happened.

I know a large majority of Sikhs did/do not support Bhindrawale. How do I know? Because of living with/amongst sikhs both as friends and family. I second your post. You will find that most people opposing you are Pakistanis. What they don't know is that Sikhs have not forgotten untold atrocities committed on them by Muslims rulers such as Aurangzeb.

I think if a sniper took out Bhindranwale while he was in the open would be less offensive then what actually happened.

Check this.... you might get quite a few answers!

I really feel great pain to discuss on 1984, hence would refrain from commenting on this thread anymore!

It's a Big Black spot in Indian History, which will remain forever! Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
issues like this are never black and white. mistakes were made on both sides, but I'm glad the khalistani idiots and their backers were taught a good lesson.
we can all have our freedoms without breaking the nation again. We sikhs are one of the most prosperous minorities of India, and many of our achievements would not have been possible if we had separated due to religion.

one does not need to look far to realize why making a country for a religion is a horrendous idea.

issues like this are never black and white. mistakes were made on both sides, but I'm glad the khalistani idiots and their backers were taught a good lesson.
we can all have our freedoms without breaking the nation again. We sikhs are one of the most prosperous minorities of India, and many of our achievements would not have been possible if we had separated due to religion.

one does not need to look far to realize why making a country for a religion is a horrendous idea.

Very well put across.

Fine, but the only one who desecrated the Golden Temple and killed civilians was your army.

I fail to understand why some people see everything from eyes of Religion :cuckoo:. Why did Bindrawala Turned GURUHARMANDIR SAHIB in to FORTRESS, in which part of world Terrorist are allowed to Cary/Keep Guns at Gurdwara, Temple, Masjid and Church :ashamed:? What are your kind views on it. I've interacted with Pakistani in 2 OTHER threads on Operation Bluestar and Khalistan, they only knew how to type Khalistan, let's see what you are upto :pop:

Why in Islamic County Lal Masjid Operation Happened? :undecided:

You've summed it across well. I'm a Sikhani and will add couple of more points to it, once I get online from my system.

A bangladeshi living in the US starting a thread that he or his nation is not remotely concerned with and shall touch raw nerves.

A completely avoidable situation.

This is an international forum to discuss matters regarding every and any nation.If you don't like it then you should probably move on.
Note-I did not make any comments as to whether india did the right thing or not.I merely asked if anything could have been done to avoid the situation where lots of people died.You should probably change your outlook!

Would you be kind enough to share your POV, how the loss of life could have had been avoided? How army could have had killed Bhindranwale outside GURUHARMANDIR SAHIB? :pop:

Back
Top Bottom