What's new

Operation Blue Star -Sikh Holocaust 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from being in Central Government Sikhs are also sitting in Powerful positions in Punjab....why have they done nothing about it...

They play a lot of politics in Religious Organization SGPC.......

wat can they do out of punjab and i never said that sikhs r dicriminated in punjab the problem is out of punjab where sikhs are like "manifesto da circo"

wat can they do out of punjab and i never said that sikhs r dicriminated in punjab the problem is out of punjab where sikhs are like "manifesto da circo"

That's a wonderful excuse.......we can't do anything because we are Expendable... our political leadership is incompetent... and they can't fight for us .....:tsk:

By the way Is Punjab not a part of India....:woot:

Sikhs are forced to register as Hindus under Hindu marriage act.

Gabbar dont have the time now to discuss all the points but there are a lot of misconceptions in this thread including from hindus. I didn't get married under the Hindu marriage act despite my wife and I being Hindus. So there is no way Sikhs are forced to marry under Hindu marriage act.

Special Marriage Act (1954, India) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

I agree with you though that if there were a seperate Sikh marriage act also it would be nice especially for those who would like something like that even though I am sure that as one of the most modern religions Sikh marriage acts would most likely be as close as possible to a secular marriage act like Special marriage act than any religious marriage act.

That's a wonderful excuse.......we can't do anything because we are Expendable... our political leadership is incompetent... and they can't fight for us .....:tsk:

By the way Is Punjab not a part of India....:woot:

i never said this
i just said that out of punjab for ex. haryana pun. gov. can't do anything

when i said that punjab is not a part of india???

I agree with you though that if there were a seperate Sikh marriage act also it would be nice especially for those who would like something like that even though I am sure that as one of the most modern religions Sikh marriage acts would most likely be as close as possible to a secular marriage act like Special marriage act than any religious marriage act.

wtf i was saying since yesterday

i never said this
i just said that out of punjab for ex. haryana pun. gov. can't do anything

when i said that punjab is not a part of india???

If you claim that Discrimination Against Sikhs is rampant in other states than I would like to highlight the state of Bihari Workers in Punjab being treated like slaves ...and Disrespected....and called names like oye Bihari......

So Sikhs get a similar treatment outside their state....when they are called Oye Sardar...

My Sikh friends here are Managers and are respected...bacause they worked hard and achieved some position......and I have examples of my Sikh friends not working hard and are non achievers so they are not respected.....

Now if you belong to second category ..then no one can help you........

If you claim that Discrimination Against Sikhs is rampant in other states than I would like to highlight the state of Bihari Workers in Punjab being treated like slaves ...and Disrespected....and called names like oye Bihari......

So Sikhs get a similar treatment outside their state....when they are called Oye Sardar...

My Sikh friends here are Managers and are respected...bacause they worked hard and achieved some position......and I have examples of my Sikh friends not working hard and are non achievers so they are not respected.....

Now if you belong to second category ..then no one can help you........

i know that bihari r not well treated in punjab but it is also true that they choose to come to punjab and no body invite them, have you ever been to ludhiana? if yes, have you seen how many biharis(recpectfuly) are ther in ludhiana. and notice calling bihari a bihari(come from bihar) is nothing wrong while sardar is more discourteous. saying oye sardar is wrong(like oye hindu or oye muslim) but u can say oye punjabi that is nothing wrong

i know that bihari r not well treated in punjab but it is also true that they choose to come to punjab and no body invite them, have you ever been to ludhiana? if yes, have you seen how many biharis(recpectfuly) are ther in ludhiana. and notice calling bihari a bihari(come from bihar) is nothing wrong while sardar is more discourteous. saying oye sardar is wrong(like oye hindu or oye muslim) but u can say oye punjabi that is nothing wrong

Tiis reminds me of my friend (A sikh Friend) who got his hair cut reason....... Fashion..... was once walking on street in Minerva , Ludhiana.....with me.....some from behind called him...Bhaiya side ho ja.........he felt so dejected and said....When I had Turban I was respected and People use to call me A Sardar..and look When I cut my hair they called me a Bhaiya(A slang for UPite)..so he decided to grow his hair back and wear a turban to be called a Sardar....

I thought Sardars liked being called Sardars as it means a Leader litrally....

Tiis reminds me of my friend (A sikh Friend) who got his hair cut reason....... Fashion..... was once walking on street in Minerva , Ludhiana.....with me.....some from behind called him...Bhaiya side ho ja.........he felt so dejected and said....When I had Turban I was respected and People use to call me A Sardar..and look When I cut my hair they called me a Bhaiya(A slang for UPite)..so he decided to grow his hair back and wear a turban to be called a Sardar....

I thought Sardars liked being Sardars as it means a Leader litrally....
oye sardar and sardar r bit different concepts.

oye sardar and sardar r bit different concepts.

Ok....If I call my friend ...Oye sardar....and he responds with love...why is it difficult for you to understand.....I would love to call you Oye sardar ...if you want....and we can share a laugh .....:enjoy:

There are stereotypes and one just has to live with it.....and i think Sardars are the ones who have adjusted to the stereotype in most comfortable manner.......Thats what I love most in my friends........ and I cherish them being my friend......:partay:

so gabbar, what is the current status on the matter...
I mean what's the stand of your representative in the parliament, I couldn't find any updated news on the matter...

by forcefully you mean, you filed an petition in supreme court, and court said "sorry can't help"? :tsk::tsk:

Look KJ, forced basically means against your will. right? Pakistan has Sikh marrige act. Why can't India has one? When ever you fill a marriage certificate, it goes under Hindu marriage act. It's the law and it's out of SC hands. Nothing agains Hinduism, it's about your own recognition here. Where I am from Hinds, Sikhs and Muslims lives side by side. We have gurdwara's, Shiv temple and Dargah in our village. When ever there is shivratri you will see orthodox Sikhs helping cook food, cleaning the premises and organizing events to help our Hindu brothers. It's not about Hindu Vs. Sikhs, it's about recognition, broken promises and when somebody tried to get them, they were killed by thier own government.

PS: (not at KJ) Please stop making rants here, please make rational and logical arguments.

Last edited:
Ok....If I call my friend ...Oye sardar....and he responds with love...why is it difficult for you to understand.....I would love to call you Oye sardar ...if you want....and we can share a laugh .....:enjoy:

There are stereotypes and one just has to live with it.....and i think Sardars are the ones who have adjusted to the stereotype in most comfortable manner.......Thats what I love most in my friends........ and I cherish them being my friend......:partay:

Glome I can see your point but do not try to call sarder a "oye sarder" especially in Punjab. Seriously might get in trouble for that or big lecture.:cheers:

What was the reason behind this operation?I don't know much about this operation.If it was indeed done to kill Sikh terrorists (Punjab is not disputed territory and there are alot of Sikhs in mainstream in India) then i completely support this Operation.

One interest point is were the Sikh militants actually Sikh terrorist? Or were they Sikh freedom fighters?
If they were Sikh terrorist one must prove they specifically targeted civilians. So how many civilians did these Sikh terrorist kill?

If they were Sikh freedom fighters then they would most likely resist against Indian Army forces and fight for freedom from oppression.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom