What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

Really guys, wtf is wrong with you all? Considering you are what your flags suggest!

Now I have seen everything ,from making fun of south indian looks, talks about chauvinism.Do you people know why Tamil is the oldest living languages,because we are proud of it and we cant see it take a subordinate role.Call me a fanatic,but I dont impose tamil on anyone,this identity was here and will be there till the end
We Rajasthanis stand with our Punjabi brothers against Dravid chauvinism.

Thamizhanda , Hindindra vartha yosikradhuku munnadiye ulagathuku naagireegam sollithandha ratthamda.

The ones who call us chauvinists are immature people with no idea of history or cultural retention.

Now I have seen everything ,from making fun of south indian looks, talks about chauvinism.Do you people know why Tamil is the oldest living languages,because we are proud of it and we cant see it take a subordinate role.Call me a fanatic,but I dont impose tamil on anyone,this identity was here and will be there till the end

Thamizhanda , Hindindra vartha yosikradhuku munnadiye ulagathuku naagireegam sollithandha ratthamda.

The ones who call us chauvinists are immature people with no idea of history or cultural retention.
its not only tamil but all other regional language and culture that is threatened by imposition of hindi. Why should anybody accept another language by force. Let people learn if they want.
And hindi does not have any special status in India, its is as much a national language as tamil or kannada.

strange how in many ways north indian culture (language, to an extent food..etc) has more in common (I know, broad brush) with Pakistan than down south with the Deccan plateau :eek:

diversity, love it.. go India ! :partay:

second yes we say unity in diversity...pluralism is our strength...but to what extent... in india there is lot of differences among each other state...north, south... the a common toung will certainly minimise that differences... and its not like that hindi is something special ..but only because most of the people can speak hindi its obvious that it will take less effort to teach other ... and neither anyone is imposing it in any one ..and regional language is equally important as hindi or tamil or malyalam is...but u can't disagree of a common language will forge a stronger bond among us...

And every one blamed Sinhalese on 1956 Sinhala only act.

(Btw, I speak 4 languages and yet am outclassed in my family where everyone else can speak 6-7 languages :D)
So do I, my friend, so do I. I apparently have a way with words and tongues, so does that me a cunning-linguist? :p:tongue::p:

Learn Hindi or leave India.

majority of indians dont speak or understand it so i guess majority of your fellow countrymen should leave

Actually Punjabis rocks

If punjabis goes south india for study purposes , the dravidian girls falls flat in front of his looks .

No offence to southies but you gotta work on your looks rather than drinking coconut water

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that was classic

Addressing the annual convention of All India Muslim League, held in Madras in 1941, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said,

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Imagine that three percent of the Brahmin high caste, by skillful maneuvering and skillful methods of electioneering which they have studied, should secure the majority. In this democracy or is it farce? Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non -Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language-thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.

Wow did not know this is what quid said

The usual Snow Whites and the occasional False flagger fueling discussions :rofl:

@Ravi Nair Now you know why you don't see Punjabis in the CBD until unless they are booked for a job :lol:

The usual Snow Whites and the occasional False flagger fueling discussions :rofl:

@Ravi Nair Now you know why you don't see Punjabis in the CBD until unless they are booked for a job :lol:

well to be fair, I was a heinous troll in this thread.

So I take a lot of the blame too :(

@cloud_9 my experiences with Punjabis in real life has been positive tho.

:-)

Last edited:
Wow did not know this is what quid said

Tamils didn't want to be under Hindian rule at the time of partition

By the 1940s, Periyar supported Muslim League's claim for a separate Pakistan, and expected its support in return.

In an interview with the Governor of Madras, Jinnah, the main leader of Muslim League, said that India should be divided into four regions: Dravidistan, Hindustan, Bengalistan and Pakistan; Dravidistan would approximately consist of the area under the Madras Presidency.

Jinnah stated "I have every sympathy and shall do all to help, and you establish Dravidistan where the 7 per cent Muslim population will stretch its hands of friendship and live with you on lines of security, justice and fairplay."

Dravida Nadu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quid- e - Azam with Periyar the father of Tamil nationalism and secessionism

Jinnah believed there would be four countries. Pakistan, Hindustan, Bangladesh and Tamilnadu. There is only three. Why aren't Pakistanis supporting the fourth?

Back
Top Bottom