What's new

One More Suggestion to make Defence.pk Even more COOL

metalfalcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey Everybody few days back, One of our Senior Members made a Request to :pdf: Administrators about Changing the wallpapers of the website which were being used for a Long time.

Thanks :enjoy: to our WEBMASTER and Administrator, some Really Cool Pics were added to the our Beloved Website and i Liked the way everyone was coming up with new and cool Ideas and Pics. The result was a Face lift of Defence.pk and now Its really nice to see the wallpapers and the way they change.

So Now i want to make a Humble Request to my Senior Members, Webmaster and the Administrator that can you please add few more RANKS for us, what i mean is can you please add the Ranks of PAF and Pakistan Navy as well. The Current Ranking scheme is really cool and I love the Army ranks but what i want is, can you give us an option that all the members can choose their Ranks according to their Interests and Field of service Like if anybody is more interested in PAF, He can choose PAF as his Ranking scheme and he will start from " Pilot Officer (For 0 to 24 Posts) "
then to " Flying Officer (For 25 to 99 Posts)"
Then to " Flight Lieutenant (For 100 to 299 posts)"
Then to "Squadron Leader (For 300 to 699 Posts)"
Then to "Wing Commander (For 700 to 1199 Posts)"
Then to "Group Captain (For 1200 to 1799 Posts)"
Then to "Air Commodore (For 1800 to 2499 Posts)"
Then to "Air Vice Marshal (For 2500 to 3299 Posts)"
Then to "Air Marshal (For 3300 to 4499 Posts)"
Then to "Air Chief Marshal (For 4500 and above posts)"

And for those members who are interested in Pakistan Navy, Let them give an option to have Pakistani Navy Ranking Scheme, We can
start from "Midshipman (For 0 to 24 Posts)"
then to " Sub Lieutenant (For 25 to 99 Posts)"
Then to " Lieutenant (For 100 to 299 posts)"
Then to "Lieutenant Commander (For 300 to 699 Posts)"
Then to "Commander (For 700 to 1199 Posts)"
Then to "Captain (For 1200 to 1799 Posts)"
Then to "Commodore (For 1800 to 2499 Posts)"
Then to "Rear Admiral (For 2500 to 3299 Posts)"
Then to "Vice Admiral (For 3300 to 4499 Posts)"
Then to "Admiral (For 4500 and above posts)"

I know there are Lot of Similarities between Naval Ranks and army ranks and some misconception as well Like Captain in Army is not same as Captain In Navy so in order to Overcome this Misunderstanding, I would say that please use the respective "Uniform insignia" as well.

I hope Many Members will Like my Idea and I am Looking Forward for Feedback from Everyone and i also hope that Webmaster and Administrator will look at my Proposal very seriously.

In the End I would Like to SUGGEST the rank of "Field Marshall" FOR "NEO" for his services and number of posts, He has been Thanked more times than i have number of Posts. I think everyone will agree with me on this Point At least.

Regards Metalfalcon.

Last edited:
All of us Indian members should get RAW ranks :rofl:

Flint would easily be the Director of RAW

Its just for fun there is no Benefit in Being an "Armchair General" but it will just make us happy and feel Satisfaction for our Time on :pdf:.

It will be nice to see the representation of all three of our Armed services.

So what do you say Guyz.

I don't like the term "Armchair General"

I prefer "Couch Admiral" lol

Nice suggestion By the way! :tup:

All of us Indian members should get RAW ranks :rofl:

Flint would easily be the Director of RAW

I will have no problems with that but Pakistani RANKS ARE SAME AS INDIAN RANKS because we both derived our Military Ranks From British System.

Imran Khan and Bezerk will Love to have the RANK OF ISI and Imran can be our DG ISI. His Avatar used to be the Picture of Lt Gen Akhtar Abdur Rahman.

I will have no problems with that but Pakistani RANKS ARE SAME AS INDIAN RANKS because we both derived our Military Ranks From British System.

Imran Khan and Bezerk will Love to have the RANK OF ISI and Imran can be our DG ISI. His Avatar used to be the Picture of Lt Gen Akhtar Abdur Rahman.

Unfortunately, Imran Khan has left this forum. So basically, Say hello to your new DG ISI! :smokin:

Hello Sir ! I hope your not Annoyed by Indian Attitude now a days.

Not at all. But I AM on a break these days from the forum. That's why I'm not involved with a lot of active threads. Will return to the normal self promptly! :tup:

I like the idea, so people can choose their ranks from the beginning, like e.g. Navy department, and as their post count increases, their rank increases aswell but with newer Navy ranks and such?
Sounds good, however, how would this be implemented? I had some experiences with forums, changing ranks and adding ranks isn't that hard, however, the structure is important, and the ranks themselves should be interesting and appealing to the visitors of this forum.
It's a really good idea, you got my support, perhaps we should open up a poll (in agreement with the administration) to see if the people like it or not?
The diversity in ranks would be a good idea too, adds a little more spice around here. ;)

Anyways, another suggestion, how about changing the rank images to something else? Like medals or eagles, hawks or whatever, gold silver you name it, the same medals used in the army preferably Pakistani army or rank images in general.
I'm sure if we would come up with the right content and material, the administrators would perhaps consider adopting some of these suggestions?

It's great to know people want to make Defence.pk an even better website and the forum a much better place then it already is by enhancing its looks and user interface. :tup:

I like the idea, so people can choose their ranks from the beginning, like e.g. Navy department, and as their post count increases, their rank increases aswell but with newer Navy ranks and such?
Sounds good, however, how would this be implemented? I had some experiences with forums, changing ranks and adding ranks isn't that hard, however, the structure is important, and the ranks themselves should be interesting and appealing to the visitors of this forum.
It's a really good idea, you got my support, perhaps we should open up a poll (in agreement with the administration) to see if the people like it or not?
The diversity in ranks would be a good idea too, adds a little more spice around here. ;)

Anyways, another suggestion, how about changing the rank images to something else? Like medals or eagles, hawks or whatever, gold silver you name it, the same medals used in the army preferably Pakistani army or rank images in general.
I'm sure if we would come up with the right content and material, the administrators would perhaps consider adopting some of these suggestions?

It's great to know people want to make Defence.pk an even better website and the forum a much better place then it already is by enhancing its looks and user interface. :tup:

Thats exactly what i am saying, OK do you know how to open a poll.

Very innovative and creative falcon, good job. Give yourself a pat on the back.

:lol:

Hi,

You got my vote for the change. After the first 25 five posts---every member should be allowed to join a service and they will live with it till the end---only exceptions would be qualified and quality members---determined by their posts, who may be sent out on deputation to other branches but, will still maintain their original rankings.

All think tank members----admins and mods would automatically start at BRIGADIER level or equal.

Junior members will be equally divided in divisions according to their ranks---air force bases commander---or naval commands.

Think tank members may also request certain members---no more than three in a one year time period to be their junior officers----members can request to join a certain think tank member as their divisional commander.

We can have differnt wings of the armed forces----to each members likings----armour---artillery---intelligence---infantry---flyers---maint and ground crews etc etc

Metalfalcon---I can keep on going for a while :cheers:

Good idea. I support it. However, is there an equivalent for each rank in the Army, Navy and the Air Force? Also, are the promotions in real life more diffucult/infrequent in any one branch compared to the others.

Lastly, this will be a lot of work for the webmasters. I hope they are ready to spend some nights re-writing some code (unless they use a pre-built software, which is most common). I had to create a web server from scratch last year, it was a pain in the ...

Back
Top Bottom