What's new

One million tourists visit Pakistan this year

While its not exactly one million but maybe somewhere around 100-500k. The possibility of seeing foreign tourists is high in areas around gilgit baltistan where they love to hike. With decrease in terrorism I am sure We will see people visiting Pakistan. I have been part of 2 Aiesec tourism voluntary internships in Pakistan , Half of our group used to be people from Europe and they had nothing but great things to say about Pakistan.

One more thing is we need to make it easy for tourists to come and visit here. When you just have 5 countries who can avail visa on arrival for Pakistan no one will come. India recently introduced visa on arrival for around 100 countries.

i am sorry i dont want to troll but read it wrong
One million terrorists visit Pakistan this year :rofl::rofl:

on a serious note congratulations to Pakistan and best of luck for future.:enjoy:

last time I checked it was struggling to reach 500 K in 2014. This is just another feel good thread.

Last edited:
I still remember some 12-13 years ago , I used to see French,American,Australian,Canadian and other Western tourists/people on the streets of Islamabad, and now I see just Chinese only, that too on some special places like shopping Malls and in particular sectors only..

It makes me sad really .

khojak.jpg

This photograph is not Pakistan.

Islamabad—Managing Director Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) Mir Shahjahan Khetran said that one million foreigner tourists visited Pakistan in current year.
One million tourists visit Pakistan this year

Inflated number to set confidence across the globe. Good marketing tactics. But the number is slightly below 500K. It needs to go above 1 Million this year and gradually over 5 million the next year. Pakistan needs to ensure the political drama ends (that's why Army jumped in and told IK to sleep till 2018), these steps are critical to bringing tourism to Pakistan!!

Back
Top Bottom