What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

Well, she IS still to undergo refurbishment. Who knows what she'll carry after? Besides, when someone gives you something (the money involved in McInerney transfer is for the refurbishment, not the ship itself), should one whine about it if the gift isn't 100% what you would have liked it to be?

WHat are you talking about ?

For the last past years that I have been on this board there are people simply have no idea what the english langauge is. I just wanted to know where I critise the ship in my post Peguin.

Last edited by a moderator:

For the last past years that I have been on this board there are people simply have no idea what the english langauge is. I just wanted to know where I critise the ship in my post Peguin. You're an ID 10 T . go figure !

They sure don't. ;)

Stick to the topic! Personal attacks against members will not be tolerated.

For the last past years that I have been on this board there are people simply have no idea what the english langauge is. I just wanted to know where I critise the ship in my post Peguin.

Basically, most of us think in Urdu,write in English....ur objection is correct and acceptable.... lolzz

sorry if posted already...

Photo_5.jpg

Photo_4.jpg

Photo_3.jpg

Photo_2.jpg

Photo_1.jpg

brotherdont you think we are basing too much on assuumption..
To me it looks like you are basing too much here and undermining US-PN agreements.
i mean we are assuming that US will upgrade the boats with the very best Mk-41 or Mk-13,,
First of all lets not call a Frigate a "boat".
This is not wild assumptions but educated guess since my first prediction has already come out to be true regarding its refurbishment right after commission in PN.
The MK13 is not something straight out of US current production line but rather a phased out system for savings and allies demand for SM-1 missiles. The MK13 can be refitted at PN's demand and i am very confident about MK41 being retrofitted since PN is interested in inducting RUM-139. Not a big deal since we are already getting latest F-16s with AMRAAM and associate equipments.

we think that they will be giving us Sea King!!
PN is planning on retiring its sea king fleet.

we suppose that the radrs are upgraded frequently!!!
:disagree:
Its not a assumption but a fact that the radar were frequently upgraded! Please go through threads where i have clearly stated this.

in F-22p, atleast we are sure of what we have and we know the potential of the boat!dont you think this comes into account?
What potential?

So what is new on the OHP has that ship actually docked in Pakistan ? Or these images for handover in US side

Well the ship will add an additional unit to navy but still long way to go

Are the pictures above taken on US port or they are back in Pakistan?

So what is new on the OHP has that ship actually docked in Pakistan ? Or these images for handover in US side

Well the ship will add an additional unit to navy but still long way to go

Are the pictures above taken on US port or they are back in Pakistan?

The ship is still in US and will join the PN fleet in January 2011 upon completion of refurbishments.

The ship is still in US and will join the PN fleet in January 2011 upon completion of refurbishments.

Damn January 2011 ? hmm guess no good news I was hoping it would be good news to hear after all the bad stuff in past 1-2 months

I sense a lot of misunderstanding

Refurbishment is not the same as upgrade!

If Pakistani OHP get's a refurbishment is does not mean she will get an MK41 (since that would mean upgrade!)

Placing of an MK41VLS alone doesn't make any sense since such would also require the installation of a capable 3D radar and an extensive improvement of the existing battle management system.

So to recap, it is highly unlikely that the Pakistani OHP comes with MK41VLS.

Well this boat is only for Anti Submarine based operations , its practically a sitting duck from any air born attacks

Unless we add a potent air defence frigate fleet/destroyer or two
such ships would be always a casualty

But it does gives us a large size ship for our navy so its good learning curve to operate of a large size ship

I sense a lot of misunderstanding

Refurbishment is not the same as upgrade!

If Pakistani OHP get's a refurbishment is does not mean she will get an MK41 (since that would mean upgrade!)

Placing of an MK41VLS alone doesn't make any sense since such would also require the installation of a capable 3D radar and an extensive improvement of the existing battle management system.

So to recap, it is highly unlikely that the Pakistani OHP comes with MK41VLS.
Agreed in principal. Howver, refurbishing might well entail reinstallation of the arm of the mk13 launcher and STIR (since this is strictly speaking not an upgrade but rather restoration of original capability)

As for Mk41 installation not making sense without installation of a capable 3D radar, might I suggest you look into the Australian upgrade of their FFG7-type frigates: no was 3D radar installed, just upgrades of the current sets and yet it got a Mk41 unit for 32 ESSM. See also Turkish navy FFG7 upgrade plans. But yes, in both cases upgrades of the CMS and radar.

Well this boat is only for Anti Submarine based operations , its practically a sitting duck from any air born attacks

But it does gives us a large size ship for our navy so its good learning curve to operate of a large size ship

1) And current Type 21 aren't sitting ducks from air attack, you mean, with either a 5 round SAM launcher or a just CIWS?

2) All OHPs have CIWS. And it would be oh so easy to park a RAM launcher or similar chinese system to strengthen air defences to a level comparable to that of F22P.

3) What makes you think F22P is well protected against air attack. While it has CIWS and SAM, it is not equipped with VLS which means it will have trouble with attack with multiple stream of missiles simultaneously along multiple vectors.

I seriously don't know what you are up to, but i also don't know why PN would buy a 78 Million USD practice duck for it's enemies.

Well - I heard all the surface to air weaponry will be removed from the ship ? no ?

With lack a suitable air defence on a ship its more of a coast guard like operation ship

Well yes , we can get some launchers from China but that will add cost to the ship

So in end we will probbly spend 50-60% of what we would have spent on a brand new ship. Integrating chinese Missiles systems will take TIME and finances

The only thing a BIG plus I guess is the Anti Submarine stuff but we just don't know how good that is yet .....

Tactically if we do induct such a ship we should induct it with Air Defence in place otherwise such a ship is risky

Its a wonderful SHIP ... all respect but its an asset that has to be protected before its commissioned any where with air defences.

Now if we had got 3 Chinese ships with ample Air defence capabilities close to destroyer class then yes this Ship adds a great dimension to the force

But for now its good addition for getting used to larger ships

Do we have any missile boats that can target Air based threats , if so it would be logical to acompany the OHP with missile boat group of 4-5 boats (a temporary solution)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom