What's new

Obama Advisor: Pak Terror Groups Worst Threat to US

“Zardari knows it’s his war, because he buried his wife,” he said. “That tragedy is also an opportunity.” - Just replace "an" with "His" in the second part.

US bickering should be taken with a pinch of salt. Such lousy and useless bickering has become a daily affair. Put it in one ear and take it out of the other. Pakistan should pursue its own interests. The US is already failing and is going to fail even more miserably in Afghanistan. They already got their rear ends kicked in Iraq. There is no doubt about that. It's a lost cause and Pakistan shouldn't take any part in it. Let them clean up their own dirty laundry, but not at our expense. Secure our borders to the fullest extent, withdraw our supply routes and clean up the CIA supported remnants in the tribal areas. We need full grip of every nook and corner of Pakistan. That should be priority number one. Pakistan should fully ally with emerging powers such as China, Iran and even Russia to a certain extent. Our interests are similar in every respect and we should waste no opportunity in achieving those through mutual cooperation. This illegit and utterly nonsensical war has cost Pakistan dearly. It's time to seriously rethink our policy for the sake of Pakistan and the region as a whole. I'm glad that in General Kiyani we have such a wise and intelligent leadership. His recent rebuttal to the blind obedience of US wishes is testimony of this fact.

Last edited:
"Also Pakistan tried to mine the border but the ******* Afghanistanis with Americans support stopped mining process."

Mine away inside your territory. Nobody prevents that. Don't be surprised if those fields get dug up and used on your roads instead. An old military adage states that you never build an obstruction such as a minefield without full observation and fires over that location. I guess that means you'll be on your western border whether you like it or not.

"Also Pakistan tried to mine the border but the ******* Afghanistanis with Americans support stopped mining process."

Mine away inside your territory. Nobody prevents that. Don't be surprised if those fields get dug up and used on your roads instead. An old military adage states that you never build an obstruction such as a minefield without full observation and fires over that location. I guess that means you'll be on your western border whether you like it or not.

Stop prophecising doom scenarios and also stop lecturing us on what we should or shouldn't do. Besides, you don't know anything about this region. Whether you want to fight your dirty little war is up to you. Just don't fire the gun on our or others shoulders. I'm glad that the attitude regarding this war is changing rapidly all across. Our military leadership is getting to grips with the reality. There is a lack of support amongst your own so-called allies for sending more troops. No one is crazy enough to fight your petty war. I guess in the end you will really need to withdraw those 20,000 odd troops from Iraq...

Last edited:
"Stop prophecising doom scenarios and also stop lecturing us on what we should or shouldn't do."

Better watch those minefields closely so they don't get lifted and used on your own roads.

Just a word of advice.

Let me know how all of that goes, won't you?:lol:

It was Washington’s too cozy relationship with Mr. Musharraf’s military government, he argues, that fueled the intense hatred for the United States in Pakistan.

And then Bruce Reidel argues in favor of continuing perceived (by the Pakistani populace) unilateral UAV strikes?

These air strikes are arguably one of the primary reasons for anti-US sentiment in Pakistan. Pakistanis did not merely dislike the US for supporting Musharraf, they disliked Musharraf as being a lackey for the US and impelmenting 'policies' that were unpopular, including air strikes and operations against Tribals and Pakistanis.

This article obvioulsy does not offer a comprehensive view of ZReidel's thoughts and opinions, but if the gist of his policies is as mentioned, then it is a very superficial approach.

The issue is not so much support for Musharraf vs a civillian GoP, it is what policies the GoP is purported to be implemnting at the behest of the US.

"Stop prophecising doom scenarios and also stop lecturing us on what we should or shouldn't do."

Better watch those minefields closely so they don't get lifted and used on your own roads.

Just a word of advice.

Let me know how all of that goes, won't you?:lol:

Well, it's always very amusing to see an American lecture and handout stark warnings. I'm sure you are doing it for our own best will, right? :usflag:

Please explain what you mean and how you can make such a sweeping judgment.
Terrorists, are being infiltrated into Pakistan through the support of India's consulates which are nothing but terrorists or intelligence camps for the insidious Research & Analysis Wing of India, their intelligence service.

If the US wishes to see us be in any shape to FOCUS upon groups that threaten it, then it must shut down these terror centers in Afghanistan. The US MUST fence Afghanistan or allow us to. The US must prevent infiltrations across the border either from Afghanistan or fleeing terrorists from Pakistan to Afghanistan.

The US must also kill the support of TTP in Afghanistan. If the US can't do that, then don't blame us when we shut down those terror centers by hook or by crook and we shift focus from Taliban to Indian terrorists.

The territory is such that it has to be mined and fenced on both sides in many locations. There are rugged hills that run across the border, there are villages right on the border on either side.

Anyway, Pakistan's mining AND fencing was stopped also on our side by the US... The US is doing everything to hurt our war against terror and then cries about ITS war against terror.

The territory is such that it has to be mined and fenced on both sides in many locations. There are rugged hills that run across the border, there are villages right on the border on either side.

Anyway, Pakistan's mining AND fencing was stopped also on our side by the US... The US is doing everything to hurt our war against terror and then cries about ITS war against terror.

That's exactly the whole point. The Americans want to keep the Durand Line conflict as a trump card. Also, the Afghan NA are forming an obstacle in actually approving this move. Pakistan should go ahead with it anyway ASAP. Not securing the border will lead to more covert infiltration.

Americans are beginning to look at Pakistan with suspician. Many USA policticans and jewish and indian lobby groups are saying that PAKISTAN is double dealing the usa.

ie TAKING USA DOLLARS for economic aid ON THE PRETEXT they are helping the war on TERROR AND THEN pumping that into their Army to face off india.

AND simultaneiouly SUPPORTING terror groups via ISI and some military generals..

THE USA are beginning to realise this and ask difficult questions

Zardari is a USA puppet but he may not last.

i say i military coup and pakistan faling foul of usa soon.

"These air strikes are arguably one of the primary reasons for anti-US sentiment in Pakistan."

Maybe. Then again, I'm not certain that it's been convenient for the GoP and P.A. to baldly come down in favor of these attacks when America is such a comfortable fall-guy.

It's a duplicitous choice by your elites to continue attempting to have matters both ways. Their success (if any) won't persist forever. Unfortunately, there's a severe shock awaiting the Pakistani populace when harsh reality collides with the narrative sold to them all these years by their elites.

What sells more copy in Pakistan- beheadings or PREDATOR?

"The territory is such that it has to be mined and fenced on both sides in many locations."

That's not an option but nothing precludes you doing as you think best on your territory.

"There are rugged hills that run across the border, there are villages right on the border on either side."

Yes. So? It is a complicated matter to mine thousands of kilometers of border. There must also be considerable depth to those fields. Those fields must then be constantly watched with the ability to engage with direct and indirect fires.

"Anyway, Pakistan's mining AND fencing was stopped also on our side by the US..."

Please provide a link, if you don't mind, that supports this contention. I'm sure we recommended otherwise. I'm sure we didn't make funds available to purchase mines and prepare the areas. Beyond that...?

"The US is doing everything to hurt our war against terror and then cries about ITS war against terror."

This is an undeserved rant. One rant deserves another-

We could frankly do far more to make your lives miserable than we've done so to date. We've given considerably of ourselves to your nation. No nation gives more aid to Pakistan than America yet all are affected by this scourge. No nation remains less helpful to Afghanistan's development than Pakistan.

That's an incongruity that cannot and must not persist. It's high time that your government and citizens discuss the matter openly. Asim, it's simple- enemy or friend? Your citizens should make a choice. If they make the wrong choice because they are ill-informed by the intent of your government, then America will simply have to accept an enemy on the borders of Afghanistan.

America will be in Afghanistan for some time to come. So too, likely, many of our allies in various forms and fashion. Pakistan has not, to date, gotten out ahead of this issue and persists in believing that it can out-wait ISAF and then resume it's past activities. In the interim, Pakistan has permitted it's territory to be sanctuary for those opposed to the GoA, ISAF, and the U.N. mission.

That's being on the wrong side of the fence.

That thinking must stop. Any mitigation or duplicity to promote perceptions of change without substantive structural revamping is increasingly difficult for Pakistan to do as you've never been so scrutinized by the internat'l community. As such, there's considerably more needed by your leadership than the eyewash so far applied-and you are being closely watched for such. To date there's been little evidence of substantive change and even some reversal to form.

I know this much. Your soldiers deserve to understand what they really fight for and why. This cowardice to face the issues squarely by the GoP and the P.A. leadership cheapens the sacrifice of those slain warriors and that's a fact.

We could frankly do far more to make your lives miserable than we've done so to date. We've given considerably of ourselves to your nation. No nation gives more aid to Pakistan than America yet all are affected by this scourge. No nation remains less helpful to Afghanistan's development than Pakistan.
Get this thing through, you give us reimbursements for our work on war on terror that we would rather not be doing. You give us nothing of value.

Asim, it's simple- enemy or friend? Your citizens should make a choice.
We even need to figure out what is America. A friend wouldn't lay idle and let us get bombed by Indian consulates. You really need to prove to us are you a friend or foe?

If they make the wrong choice because they are ill-informed by the intent of your government, then America will simply have to accept an enemy on the borders of Afghanistan.
Pakistan has stopped caring about these silly notions... You need to prove yourself to us, not the other way round. The public is closely watching, we have all the media channels of the world. We're not some dumb cavemen out here, technology has reached out of America as well.

America will be in Afghanistan for some time to come. So too, likely, many of our allies in various forms and fashion. Pakistan has not, to date, gotten out ahead of this issue and persists in believing that it can out-wait ISAF and then resume it's past activities. In the interim, Pakistan has permitted it's territory to be sanctuary for those opposed to the GoA, ISAF, and the U.N. mission.
You can remain wherever you are. Do your job properly. Your performance in Afghanistan has been substandard, look who was in charge of it, an idiot President. Your idiot leaders need to realize we don't care about you guys. It's Pakistan first. The people you give sanctuary to are bombing us. We'll first stop them... Our action against terror sanctuaries is a lot more than yours against Indian consulates. So much so Pakistanis are beginning to doubt maybe you're in cahoots with the Pakistan bombers...

You really need to get your act together and show us whether you're a friend or foe.

That thinking must stop. Any mitigation or duplicity to promote perceptions of change without substantive structural revamping is increasingly difficult for Pakistan to do as you've never been so scrutinized by the internat'l community. As such, there's considerably more needed by your leadership than the eyewash so far applied-and you are being closely watched for such. To date there's been little evidence of substantive change and even some reversal to form.
More needed? Dude there are calls in Pakistan saying that woah guys, why are we bending over backwards for these guys who are obviously sitting and watching while our people get slaughtered.

I know this much. Your soldiers deserve to understand what they really fight for and why. This cowardice to face the issues squarely by the GoP and the P.A. leadership cheapens the sacrifice of those slain warriors and that's a fact.
They fight to protect Pakistan. We don't fight to protect you guys. You guys are fighting to get us slaughtered. Friend or Foe S-2? Are you a terror supporter or not... Prove it, don't just talk about it.

"Friend or Foe S-2? Are you a terror supporter or not... Prove it, don't just talk about it."

That's not a serious question but I doubt that you'd want the U.S. as Pakistan's foe and should best hope it doesn't ever occur.

If otherwise then you've forgotten just how bad war can become.

Back
Top Bottom