What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

One wonders what would have happened if during the Mumbai Fiasco the intruding SU30 would have crashed in Pakistan...
Coming to these two crashes I think it may have to do something with the TVC...after all IAF must be devising tactics for TVC use as well.

Sir, 10 years is more then enough to devise tactics related to TVC or Su-30 flying characteristics.

The first crash was due to pilot error, he switched off by mistake something which can only be done on the ground and then restarted only when the aircraft is on the ground. So when he did that in the air, no chance to restart that specific operation of the aircraft, resulting in the crash of the aircraft.

This 2nd one is still to be ascertained.

dont you think its lack of traning on the part of the pilot that he turned off something that must be turned off and on while on the ground...i mean wasnt he informed about it...wat kind of tranning they under go....strange

i wonder what that "thing" is that can only be properly switched off on the ground etc. etc.

anyone have any idea?

dont you think its lack of traning on the part of the pilot that he turned off something that must be turned off and on while on the ground...i mean wasnt he informed about it...wat kind of tranning they under go....strange

The world is full of incidents where due to human error, aircrafts have crashed. Pilots having made mistake even with thousands of flight hours behind them. No matter how much training is perfect, human being is a human being capable enough to make mistakes, mistakes which seem very foolish at times to others.

i wonder what that "thing" is that can only be properly switched off on the ground etc. etc.

anyone have any idea?

I doubt that...I think you can only turn on the radar on ground.(REad it on F-16.net) but not sure about Russian jets.But keep in mind with FCS off the jet would have given warnings on take off and would have acted akward during take off as fcs was not responding properly to commands by pilot.

I doubt that...I think you can only turn on the radar on ground.(REad it on F-16.net) but not sure about Russian jets.But keep in mind with FCS off the jet would have given warnings on take off and would have acted akward during take off as fcs was not responding properly to commands by pilot.

There have been numerous crashes of commercial airlines when computers don't give errors when a certain action may say, accidentally switches of the auto pilot. Pilots are trained as much as possible, but its almost impossible to put every scenario into the training.

I would urge you to read about an accident when a Russian pilot put his kid behind the controls of a commercial aircraft, I think it was an airbus. The kid attempts to roll the aircraft, the auto pilot automatically dis engages without warning. Some auto pilots do not disengage completely as well. The plane stalls, plunges into a spiral dive and hits the ground killing all on the plane.

There have been numerous crashes of commercial airlines when computers don't give errors when a certain action may say, accidentally switches of the auto pilot. Pilots are trained as much as possible, but its almost impossible to put every scenario into the training.

I would urge you to read about an accident when a Russian pilot put his kid behind the controls of a commercial aircraft, I think it was an airbus. The kid attempts to roll the aircraft, the auto pilot automatically dis engages without warning. Some auto pilots do not disengage completely as well. The plane stalls, plunges into a spiral dive and hits the ground killing all on the plane.
You can't compare an Airbus or Boeing with a fighter jet.Fighters jet airframes are unstable so they cannot perform maneuvers if FCS is switched off as FCS calculates everything and responds back to stick.Most of the fighter jets built after F5 Phantom ear have unstable air frame.

You can't compare an Airbus or Boeing with a fighter jet.Fighters jet airframes are unstable so they cannot perform maneuvers if FCS is switched off as FCS calculates everything and responds back to stick.Most of the fighter jets built after F5 Phantom ear have unstable air frame.

Patriot, in the first crash the pilot by mistake switched off the flight control switch while in the air, not while he was taking off. So once he switched it off in the air, there was no turning back, he did try to on it but no affect.

Human error will always remain a part of equation, no matter how much training the human being goes through. Humans are inherently flawed ... training only limits the numbers but it can not reduce it to zero.

I praise the combat training of IAF pilots who have only lost a single aircraft during a DECADE of Su30 operation. (I know a second crash has happened but the reasons are unknown and I tend to give benefit of doubt to the accused rather than the accuser). Similar performance by PAF pilots have resulted in only one attrition in last 10 years of F16 service in Pakistan.

This is a testament to the pilot training in both air forces, at-least to the top-notch pilots of these two air forces.

well i'm glad its them and not us who are losing such a large number per aircrafts every year

HAL has SU30 production line, crashed one also HAL produced
It cost around 20 million

i dough that is the price of complete MKI.
20 million could be the cost of just assembly, integration of foreigner systems, and russian systems.

The pilot of the aircraft is said to have inadvertently switched off the flight controls in the cockpit that apparently caused the crash," officials said.

ASIAN DEFENCE: IAF Su-30MKI crash was due to human error

Hmm.. some face-saving is on the play. Are indian poilets innapt enough not to know which is the ignition switch and what could be result of turning it off. People who are honest with India defense must not let maintenance staff go with such a lame excuse. Push them, harder to deliver and if you kept accept their obvious blunders, you would have to accept 10s of other pilots saying they switched off gas-supply or they forgot to drain-off their puddles that stuck in engine as they were using SU-30's unseen washroom.

17511157828d1ac51ab73300336f9499.gif

Back
Top Bottom