What's new

Not a veiled threat: Burqa ban in France from April

I also believe burqas should be banned. You never know who can be inside that burqa. And I heard that Burqa is not even part of Islam. The whole world should start banning burqas, it makes a woman look like she is oppressed.

No one's pointing out that it is a woman's choice whether or not to wear the burqa. To ban a style of dress and then fine women who wear it is contrary to their human rights. The burqa ban is wrong on so many levels: freedom, religion, and human rights.

And what about freedom to walk naked??

ban is wrong if it's because of cultural/religious etc reasons.

but here security reason is involved.

Common people. Old Islamic practices need change now. They may be relevant that time not now. Those who do not bend, get broken. Those who do not change, become Taliban.

Old? Do you know how old burqa3 is?

It was invented in the subcontinent did you know that?

And what about freedom to walk naked??

We have nudist beaches. That spurious comparison aside, covering your body with a burqa for the sake of privacy is diametrically opposed to uncovering your entire body.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

ban is wrong if it's because of cultural/religious etc reasons.

but here security reason is involved.

If any suicide bomber tries to enter a western country wearing a burqa, that is the surest way to attract scrutiny by the police and security forces.

Just yesterday I was out helping the Police Nationale de la France. We're doing an exploratory project for them and I stepped into a commissariat to meet up with the guy.

Now with this law does it mean they'd fine me if I went in there again, this time wearing a burqa3? I've wanted to wear one for long.

Where else could it ave happened keeping the history of male chauvinism traditionally embedded males of the Indian subcontinent?

Yeah but most people would imagine it came from Arabia. That said they have something similar in the Gulf called the 3abaaya but that is probably not too old and not pan-Arab.

We have nudist beaches. That spurious comparison aside, covering your body with a burqa for the sake of privacy is diametrically opposed to uncovering your entire body.

Its all about freedom aint it?
Thats what you said!
Do we have nudists beaches in every part of the world?
NO
So ?

Its all about freedom aint it?
Thats what you said!
Do we have nudists beaches in every part of the world?
NO
So ?

I'm talking about respect of the freedom of the individual, not the freedom to deny others their freedom, as you seems to imply.

I'm talking about respect of the freedom of the individual, not the freedom to deny others their freedom, as you seems to imply.

Freedom is denied to a burqa wearing mohtarma.
Freedom is denied to a naked walking person.

Same shik!

Freedom is denied to a burqa wearing mohtarma.
Freedom is denied to a naked walking person.

Same shik!

Wrong. Banning the burqa is about religious intolerance for Islam. Having respect for other cultures and other modes of dress is the basis of good manners, something that you seem incapable of.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom