What's new

Norway warns India of 'political implications' if Telenor fails

Telenor + Uninor got 2G UAS License spectrum on FCFS basis at Rs 1,650 cr for PAN-India circles ( on account of misdeeds by A. Raja ) -- that's dirt cheap if you judge by standards the world-over.

They are just pissed off that "Cheap = India" story doesn't suit to their advantage .....

Norway warns India of 'political implications' if Telenor fails

Its GOI who is responsible for the royal screw of 2G .

Raja & DMK ran the telecom department like owned Udupi Hotel ,Manmohan singh sat and watched it nonchalantly. . Some like home minster PC too got chance to do the dirty business.

PS: Unitech divested its share to Telenor for 4 or 5 $Bn.

Telenor + Uninor got 2G UAS License spectrum on FCFS basis at Rs 1,650 cr for PAN-India circles ( on account of misdeeds by A. Raja ) -- that's dirt cheap if you judge by standards the world-over.

They are just pissed off that "Cheap = India" story doesn't suit to their advantage .....

Unitech got the licences paying paltry sum of Rs 1,650 cr ,then it divested 50% its share to Telenor for 4 or 5 $Bn.

It is the fault of A Raja, and not of Telenor. I don't think Telenor should be punished. This will effect India as a good investment destination. GOI should act.

these sissy, petty whites need to learn to live at the mercy of asians from now on and stop issuing empty threats that make themselves look sissier and pettier

Norwegians take their telecom industry very seriously, i remember few weeks ago, they had billboards of Annie Khalid all over their major city to attract Pakistani community

If you are taking over a company, you do due diligence. You agree to take over assets AND liabilities. You accept that if there was any problem in the past you will handle it. That's why you hire lawyers, investment bankers and the rest. TeleNor entered because, they thought they were getting a steal deal. So let;s not get all sorry saying its Raja's fault, its GoI's fault.

TeleNor took a business decision. It had risks. It did not put in enough safeguards and obligations in place on the seller when they took over the company. They should blame their lawyers and investment bankers. Not cry over how they got robbed by the GoI. Losers!

i_love_telenor_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom