What's new

Norway warns India of 'political implications' if Telenor fails

uninor,systema syam(MTS) should not have been allowed to bid for Indian spectrum.

Telenor is suffering because of Unitech but then it's there fault because they knew they were getting the license dirt cheap and didn't look into the matter or what Unitech was up-to.
Instead of threatening GoI they should try sort it out with the Govt. and people talking about custody of kid's got know clue what it was all about :rolleyes:

I love how every now and then India shows these tiny European countries like Italy and Norway where they belong/stand on international stage.

Who asked the bribe?

Who paid the bribe??

They took the risk of getting cheap license by using illegal methods. And now they are facing the music for the same. Its impossible to believe that a big organization like theirs was not having any idea regarding what they were doing.

There is no place for emotions in business. By the way don't you think Supreme court is more knowledgeable than you and me??

It is the fault of A Raja, and not of Telenor. I don't think Telenor should be punished. This will effect India as a good investment destination. GOI should act.

I think supreme court knows better than jade about who should be punished or not. Didn't it??

I would like to disagree with your second point. IMO this will make india as a good investment destination where all players involved would be assured that they would be given a fair chance if they play fairly. And what is bound to follow in long term if they indulge in malpractices.

And one last point,
Regarding GOI should act, yeah they are acting. Look they are not letting vodafone to get away with paying 20,000 crore INR taxes. Love you GOI:enjoy:

Tell that to the 28.47 million subscribers of Telenor. As for the diatribe, i don't understand the reason behind it.

It was a joke man, relax. I was expressing my customer loyalty.

Tell that to the 28.47 million subscribers of Telenor. As for the diatribe, i don't understand the reason behind it.

It was a joke man, relax. I was expressing my customer loyalty.

I wonder....What could be potential attack of Norway ...If Telenor is out of India?

Telenor not to quit India, to participate in spectrum auctions with new partner
NEW DELHI: Norway's Telenor on Thursday hinted it had dropped plans to exit India and would participate in the upcoming spectrum auctions with a new partner after scrapping its existing joint venture with real-estate developer Unitech Ltd.

Last month, Telenor had warned that it would exit India if the government accepted the telecom regulator's proposals to auction airwaves at 13 times the price used in 2008 and impose strict rollout obligations. The Scandinavian telecom major had also objected to Trai's recommendations to auction a mere 5 MHz of airwaves in the 1,800 MHz band in which Telenor operates, a quantum of airwaves sufficient for only one company to operate, though nine companies have lost licences after the court decision.

So it was all topi drama :partay:

Back
Top Bottom