What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

please refer to my above post.....

China dreads to deal with the prospect of NK refugees flooding in.....it already happened in the past

China wants stability in North Korea while at the same time does not want to see a rise in foreign (i.e. non-regional) military activity in that region. It shouldnt be mistaken as China giving some sort of green light or free hand for NK to do what it likes to do.

and while i think NK actions (especially the sinking of SK corvette) are analagous to WAR actions, i dont think a war is something the region can afford to see.....and nobody should be advocating war; the stake-holders should use their leverage to 'contain' the situation and keep it from escalating

NK has been nuclear for quite some time now; I guess the world needs to accept this reality --pushing them in corner will do what?

Have you found any Communists yet? :azn:

(Just for the record, I own my own "private property", just like everyone else in China.)
Fine...So yer not a 'commie'...:rolleyes:...Care to support me in calling the death of North Korea so all Koreans can have a chance to share in your prosperity? After all, so far we have only 1/2 of those Koreans who are so fortunate. What do you have against the other half that you would deny them the fortunes that the Chinese government allowed you?

When you have finished your fun lets attack Gambit perhaps you can answer his question?

If not for China, north Korea would not exist. Its been a nice buffer and served it uses now it is starving its citizens shelling the south and threatening nuclear war.
Talks have been going on for 60 years and have gotten nowhere.
China is labled a rising superpower but it can control its own back yard?

What is the solution, more talks, more dead south Koreans next month, there has to be a point where everyone agrees that the north is being run by a mad man with nuclear weapons and some thing more than just talk has to happen.

Can't say really I can. I can see why the US is eager but the risk in dismantling the regime is too high, and this risk is will be borne by China, SK and Japan alone.

Also a united Korea is not something that China will relish from a geopolitical point of view. (read no incentive)
Aah...So you want 1/2 of Koreans to live in abject poverty, ignorance, and cannibalism just so Chinese can drive fancy cars and enjoys HDTVs. Good to know.

please refer to my above post.....

China dreads to deal with the prospect of NK refugees flooding in.....it already happened in the past

China wants stability in North Korea while at the same time does not want to see a rise in foreign (i.e. non-regional) military activity in that region. It shouldnt be mistaken as China giving some sort of green light or free hand for NK to do what it likes to do.

and while i think NK actions (especially the sinking of SK corvette) are analagous to WAR actions, i dont think a war is something the region can afford to see.....and nobody should be advocating war; the stake-holders should use their leverage to 'contain' the situation and keep it from escalating

NK has been nuclear for quite some time now; I guess the world needs to accept this reality --pushing them in corner will do what?
I understand the geopolitical arguments. That means China must step in and control North Korea. This is not a time for China to be hesitant in asserting authority in and for those geopolitical interests.

What is the solution, more talks, more dead south Koreans next month, there has to be a point where everyone agrees that the north is being run by a mad man with nuclear weapons and some thing more than just talk has to happen.

That's easy for you to say.

If/when this madman launches a nuclear attack on Seoul (most likely to happen if he is losing a war against the South), it will be the South Korean people who die in their millions.

It's very well and easy to say "something has to be done"... but what?

Maintaining peace looks like the "least bad" solution to me.

Communism is an nth fold uglier solution for mankind, not just for any country. Look at the mess all over the world to see that. Let the abomination called 'North Korea' die.

"commie-hunting" in this day and age is outdated and a disservice to the US policy of maintaining world leadership. The US benefited from fighting communism in the Cold War because the communist bloc presented the biggest challenge to American world dominance. Communism is no more in the 21st century. The new challenge to the United States is what one author called "the rise of the rest".

What happens to the Monroe Doctrine when Brazil becomes a great power in South America? What happens to American oil when Turkey comes to dominate the Middle East? What happens to all the hangers-on when China becomes the largest consumer market? When the US is no longer the "consumer of last resort" how many of American's staunch allies will remain and how many will switch sides?

When you have finished your fun lets attack Gambit perhaps you can answer his question?

If not for China, north Korea would not exist. Its been a nice buffer and served it uses now it is starving its citizens shelling the south and threatening nuclear war.

You're going to say that fewer Koreans will die in a North South war? Hardly pragmatic and no one is attacking gambit, just a bit of mutual "online whining"

Aah...So you want 1/2 of Koreans to live in abject poverty, ignorance, and cannibalism just so Chinese can drive fancy cars and enjoys HDTVs. Good to know.

I'm pretty sure people in China will still have all those things whatever state the two Koreas are in, but the folks in Seoul, maybe not if things go wrong.

"commie-hunting" in this day and age is outdated and a disservice to the US policy of maintaining world leadership. The US benefited from fighting communism in the Cold War because the communist bloc presented the biggest challenge to American world dominance. Communism is no more in the 21st century. The new challenge to the United States is what one author called "the rise of the rest".

What happens to the Monroe Doctrine when Brazil becomes a great power in South America? What happens to American oil when Turkey comes to dominate the Middle East? What happens to all the hangers-on when China becomes the largest consumer market? When the US is no longer the "consumer of last resort" how many of American's staunch allies will remain and how many will switch sides?
Good...Good...All the more reasons why you should support my call for the collapse of the moral abomination called 'North Korea'. The rest of your post is merely tap-dancing around this question.

What he is implying, I think, is that it would be sensitive for south korea to unify north and move the control line right up to chinese borders, while US military is still stationed in the korea peninsula, since they can just station troops further north closer to the chinese border.

By controlling north korea do you mean some sort of regime change? Then China would be painted as an agressive bogeyman.

That's easy for you to say.

If/when this madman launches a nuclear attack on Seoul (most likely to happen if he is losing a war against the South), it will be the South Korean people who die in their millions.

It's very well and easy to say "something has to be done"... but what?

Maintaining peace looks like the "least bad" solution to me.
Right...So the solution here is to let the South Koreans know that they are perpetually under nuclear threats so they should let North Korea take perpetual potshots at them.

I understand the geopolitical arguments. That means China must step in and control North Korea. This is not a time for China to be hesitant in asserting authority in and for those geopolitical interests.

I think the difference here is in methodology. Whereas Beijing can dress down Kimmy J in private, they won't do it in public. While America would like/be ecstatic with a Chinese ultimatum to NK, 2003 message to Saddam style.

If not for China, north Korea would not exist.

if Not US , South Korea too would not have earned the prosperity its enjoying.

Now same can be asked when the Mad Israelis kill thousands of innocent women and children and yet the collasal force of US fails to stop them.
Fact is every body has its mad dogs and history suggests US has a worse one...!!!!

What he is implying, I think, is that it would be sensitive for south korea to unify north and move the control line right up to chinese borders, while US military is still stationed in the korea peninsula, since they can just station troops further north closer to the chinese border.

By controlling north korea do you mean some sort of regime change? Then China would be painted as an agressive bogeyman.
The US is already considered by many here to be South Korea's puppet master anyway. China's options are to either act in no less certain terms to be North Korea's puppet master or let North Korea perish. Chinese troops must be stationed inside North Korea and China must install a new regime.

Back
Top Bottom