What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

I truly feel sorry for the NK people who face some of the worst famines in the modern era...all the while the "leader" is living a life of luxury.

Agreed. :tup:

Another sad thing, is that there is so much potential for economic development in North Korea. What a waste...

We paid in blood, for the mistakes that the Kim Il Sung made. That war past the first offensive was fought by the Chinese PVA at great cost and against air superiority. Honestly I don't want anything more to do with any Koreans.

All wars are dumb. Some wars are useful. I view the korean war as a pretty useful war.

Every border that we have not fought a major war at, are unstable. Every border we've fought wars at, are stable.

Potential maybe present... but is there enough opportunity?
By such aggressive stances against SK, Kim Jong Il is just putting the people's lives to more hardships.

Agreed. :tup:

Another sad thing, is that there is so much potential for economic development in North Korea. What a waste...

There are numerous reasons for this. Most don't want to go beyond "communist = stupid + incompetent". that's a sign of not only a low IQ but a lazy mind.

There is no legitimate comparison between SKR to Iraq and Afghanistan, least of all is Afghanistan. South Korea will not stand alone. Japan has just as much interests in North Korea as a regional security issue as South Korea has for security and social issues. Sounds to me that you are not so certain about American economic issues as you would like to project. If China does not come to North Korea's aid, North Korea will stand alone and will lose the fight.

Both S.Korea and Japan has a lot to lose.IMO they'll avoid any confrontation with North Korea.

So when is China going to do some thing.

So many posts along the lines of ha ha dumb US cant do anything.

China's dog has gone feral perhaps it is up to China to put it down. Of course if China is incapable of controling North Korea, incapable of preventing its ally murdering South Koreans iguess they should admit it and ask the UN for help.

So when is China going to do some thing.

So many posts along the lines of ha ha dumb US cant do anything.

China's dog has gone feral perhaps it is up to China to put it down. Of course if China is incapable of controling North Korea, incapable of preventing its ally murdering South Koreans iguess they should admit it and ask the UN for help.

US can do something. It's not in the interests of the US to do so. The costs are incredible up to and including the nuclear end of the world and the benefit is almost zero. Unlike most people I realize that countries make decisions in a cold, rational way, and do not run by emotion. Even if the country is made up of people with emotions, the entity as a whole does not have them.

What can the US get out of invading north korea? There are no natural resources, the strategic value of the location has gone down, it may strengthen south korea enough to force US occupation to leave and for US to give up control of south korean military, and worst of all, north korea can hit back, unlike Iraq which was the opposite: alot of oil, high strategic value between Iran and Israel at the mouth of the Gulf, attacking it would further increase dependence of middle eastern states on US, and it can't hit back.

Both S.Korea and Japan has a lot to lose.IMO they'll avoid any confrontation with North Korea.
You are assuming that both will lose. A war incurs losses to all sides. But to lose that war is to say that one side incurred a loss so great that it could no longer field any resistance. Do YOU have any credible analysis to say that South Korea, let alone Japan included, will lose such a war?

You are assuming that both will lose. A war incurs losses to all sides. But to lose that war is to say that one side incurred a loss so great that it could no longer field any resistance. Do YOU have any credible analysis to say that South Korea, let alone Japan included, will lose such a war?

Whoever claimed that North Korea would "win" any war?

The bottom line is the Seoul is too close to the North Korean border. Any causalities resulting from conventional or nuclear attacks on Seoul, would be unacceptable to South Korea.

Remember that the Seoul capital area contains HALF of the South Korean population (around 25 million). North Korea, if losing the war, would not hesitate to use their nuclear weapons. If Kim Jong-Il knows that he will soon lose the war (and face execution), then what will stop him from using nuclear/conventional weapons on Seoul?

If you want to keep underestimating other countries then go ahead, by all means. Remember Vietnam, North Korea, Afghanistan? All nominally "weak" countries that gave the USA a bloody nose.
The one who is underestimating the current situation here is YOU. South Korea today is not the same as struggling South Viet Nam in the 1960s. South Korea today is not Afghanistan, a backward and undeveloped country. North Korea? China was involved. It is YOU who are underestimating South Korea's resolve to resist and military capability to win.

an appalling, unjustified and totally irresponsible move by North Korea

they sunk a S Korean corvette a few months back killing almost 40 sailors; now this......if those aren't BLATANT acts of war, i don't know what is

both sides should exercise restraint....I hope China and other regional powers can defuse tensions and help bring about a sustainable political solution.

North Korea however should be condemned for this action I think.

Yes, gambit's views are wildly different from those of the US government.

Almost a shame really...
What is shameful here is the obvious willingness of a person to submit to his government's opinions. And people call Americans 'brainwashed'.

Back
Top Bottom