What's new

North East Calls Boycott of Rebublic days (India).

I completely understand your point. That was my view as well if you could comprehend my earlier post.
Nobody can protect culture isolating itself rather gaining strength culturally and economically. The only way it can be done not taking shelter under a more powerfull culture, rather flourish your culture within and spread that over. Also you need some sort of window, how you could incorporate other culture as well and make that as your own.

As it is a NE section and you had a hate for Bengalis still, you need to look at how Bengali gained so much strength. It never refused other culture, it just took them and swallowed them yet it remained as Bengali and gaining more strenght.

You need to understand that the values and cultures DO NOT remain intact over time. NE states of India are going to contribute more to other Indian states than what other states could do, in terms of, say, women empowerment, Political Ethics etc., They don't get dominated by other states. They'd dominate instead. That's what's going to happen in a decade or so. Indian states, all have unique story to tell and unique ideas to contribute towards India as a society and Nation.

EDIT:
Besides, what you said in your last post is true for all states of India not just Northeastern states.

You need to understand that the values and cultures DO NOT remain intact over time. NE states of India are going to contribute more to other Indian states than what other states could do, in terms of, say, women empowerment, Political Ethics etc., They don't get dominated by other states. They'd dominate instead. That's what's going to happen in a decade or so. Indian states, all have unique story to tell and unique ideas to contribute towards India as a society and Nation.

EDIT:
Besides, what you said in your last post is true for all states of India not just Northeastern states.

Thats a great way to look at it. Best of luck...

^i plan to visit north-east with the wife, its sooooo prettyy :D
i'll ask you guys what places to visit
I'm planning on backpacking the NE and Bhutan this March:P .... Lonely Planet iShtyle :lol:

NE is the wild-wild east of India:D
There are many many many underground groups here , the big organisations are ULFA and NDFB from assam , NSCN(im and kaphlang) from nagaland, UNLF, PREPAK, KCP from Manipur. (rest of the states are almost trouble free and peaceful) and dozen other smaller groups not worth mentioning. Every group is self styled guardian of their community or tribe whether you want it or not.

Every one has their own agenda , some for statehood , territorial council, outside settlers, preservation of culture , nationhood etc etc ... none of them are united, sometime they fight among themselve ,sometime they kill people from other communities..

It is not possible to discuss every one of them , you choose which one should I begun with.. The topic is so vast that I would earn a Phd degree:D...
And in between this chaos are the normal civilians like us who just want peaceful life(and we do have good life,don`t doubt that despite all of these)..
Well ! ULFA , start with it .. Umm.. I guess these organisations have as similair amibitions as the terrorist organisation in Pakistan have..
Every one has their own agenda , some for statehood , territorial council, outside settlers, preservation of culture , nationhood etc etc ... none of them are united, sometime they fight among themselve ,sometime they kill people from other communities

we ne are land locked like Bhutan , Nepal or Afghanistan .it is same whether we stay alone or within India. so better stay with powerful and democratic country like India

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

we ne are land locked like Bhutan , Nepal or Afghanistan .it is same whether we stay alone or within India. so better stay with powerful and democratic country like India

1. Sorry have to deviate to explain a point. NE peoples and BD peoples not only share geography but culture, history and experience as nations. We must share our rivers, our resources and produce. Nature has given us everything if considered as a whole.

2. The moment BD is able to say to the NE peoples that they are free to enter and leave BD, and do trade with us, immense opportunities open for all. There has never ever been a single case in history where NE person was looked down upon by a BD person. That is the number one cause of discontent in NE.

3. That time will come because of the continued will of the peoples. Wedges created artificially cannot last for ever. Tribalism, sub-tribalism, religious division, linguistic division, ethnic division, etc are all manufactured to divide and rule in the legacy of the colonial British.

4. To my knowledge both Phizo and Laldenga had hoped to confederate with (E) Pakistan. ULFA thinks similarly.

1. Sorry have to deviate to explain a point. NE peoples and BD peoples not only share geography but culture, history and experience as nations. We must share our rivers, our resources and produce. Nature has given us everything if considered as a whole.

We share geography, but culture? Except probably a percentage of the Assamese, other tribes do not share any culture with the Bengalis. But I agree we share a bit of history, but then again, that's because we share borders. Same goes for experience.

2. The moment BD is able to say to the NE peoples that they are free to enter and leave BD, and do trade with us, immense opportunities open for all. There has never ever been a single case in history where NE person was looked down upon by a BD person. That is the number one cause of discontent in NE.

I do not know whether or not Bangladeshis look down upon us NEterners, but to be honest, NEterners look down upon Bangladeshis. Not to offend anyone, but I'm being brutally honest here.

I did not understand your statement about the reason about we NEterners being not content. Can you clarify?

3. That time will come because of the continued will of the peoples. Wedges created artificially cannot last for ever. Tribalism, sub-tribalism, religious division, linguistic division, ethnic division, etc are all manufactured to divide and rule in the legacy of the colonial British.

I couldn't understand what you meant to say? Can you articulate clearly? I assume you want to say that sooner or later the struggles of NEterners will come to an end. Yes, it definitely will once development trickles down to the remotest of regions.

4. To my knowledge both Phizo and Laldenga had hoped to confederate with (E) Pakistan. ULFA thinks similarly.

It's true. He did, because of the Great Famine but as Mizoram became prosperous (Mind you, it's the second literate state after Kerala), the MNF decided to integrate with the nation. It is now doing quite well compared to other NE states.

.................sd

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Well ! ULFA , start with it .. Umm.. I guess these organisations have as similair amibitions as the terrorist organisation in Pakistan have..

I will answer you sometime later ... little busy here :D:coffee:

We share geography, but culture? Except probably a percentage of the Assamese, other tribes do not share any culture with the Bengalis. But I agree we share a bit of history, but then again, that's because we share borders. Same goes for experience.

Close proximity means closer culture too. Certainly you are closer to us than Punjabis.

I do not know whether or not Bangladeshis look down upon us NEterners, but to be honest, NEterners look down upon Bangladeshis. Not to offend anyone, but I'm being brutally honest here.

I did not understand your statement about the reason about we NEterners being not content. Can you clarify?

Thats a misunderstanding. I dont think NEastern looked down on Bangladeshis. There is no reason to do that. Even hard to find in overseas but I met couple of guys from NE and they are very enthusiastic about Bangladesh.

I couldn't understand what you meant to say? Can you articulate clearly? I assume you want to say that sooner or later the struggles of NEterners will come to an end. Yes, it definitely will once development trickles down to the remotest of regions.

Well you can certainly try. But hard to achieve and you have to depend on only tickles down. I dont think any respectable community should only wait for the tickle down thing if that ever happens.

It's true. He did, because of the Great Famine but as Mizoram became prosperous (Mind you, it's the second literate state after Kerala), the MNF decided to integrate with the nation. It is now doing quite well compared to other NE states.

Great, but i did not hear about any industrial revolution there yet.

Close proximity means closer culture too. Certainly you are closer to us than Punjabis.

No, it doesn't. Take for examples, the Maoris (the natives of New Zealand) and the European settlers. They have distinct cultures, vastly different from each other. Mind you, the Bengalis are not the natives of this region. They migrated along with the so called Aryans while the North-Easterners are Tibeto-Burmese. Both groups have distinctly different food habits, dressing, customs, traditions and rituals.

Thats a misunderstanding. I dont think NEastern looked down on Bangladeshis. There is no reason to do that. Even hard to find in overseas but I met couple of guys from NE and they are very enthusiastic about Bangladesh.

Go to Meghalaya or Nagaland and you'll know why I was saying that. I was born in Meghalaya. I can tell you the reason too. I'll be honest again- the Khasis not only dislike Bangladeshis, they dislike Indian Bengalis too. They think the Bengali Babus who settled there during the colonial period tried to rob them of their culture and history. Things have changed now, but they look down upon Bangladeshis, still because of the illegal immigrant problem.

Well you can certainly try. But hard to achieve and you have to depend on only tickles down. I dont think any respectable community should only wait for the tickle down thing if that ever happens.

The main thing is that, development is happening and the results are there to see.

Great, but i did not hear about any industrial revolution there yet.

Even Kerala hasn't had an Industrial Revolution.

mizoram never became 'prosperous'. its per capita income is low. however like kerala, it has high literacy and its HDI is classified as "Very High"

List of Indian states and territories by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, it doesn't. Take for examples, the Maoris (the natives of New Zealand) and the European settlers. They have distinct cultures, vastly different from each other. Mind you, the Bengalis are not the natives of this region. They migrated along with the so called Aryans while the North-Easterners are Tibeto-Burmese. Both groups have distinctly different food habits, dressing, customs, traditions and rituals.

Well you are wrong again. Bengalis are a mixed race, infact Bengalis are a not a race at all. Its a ethnicity mixed of Aryan+Dravid+Austro Asiatic+Tibeto Burmese. In the pockets of NE there are distinct groups of people who did not intermingled with outsiders. Thats true. Even if you look at the traditional rituals of Bengalis, you will find a lot of commonality which are native to this land.

Go to Meghalaya or Nagaland and you'll know why I was saying that. I was born in Meghalaya. I can tell you the reason too. I'll be honest again- the Khasis not only dislike Bangladeshis, they dislike Indian Bengalis too. They think the Bengali Babus who settled there during the colonial period tried to rob them of their culture and history. Things have changed now, but they look down upon Bangladeshis, still because of the illegal immigrant problem.

That is not looking down or up. Its just conflict of interest. We were not talking about NE to merge with Bangladesh. We talked about independent NE and how they could benefit.

The main thing is that, development is happening and the results are there to see.
Even Kerala hasn't had an Industrial Revolution.

Depends on the quality of development. You have to look beyond the box. Give you a simple example. Indian enterpreneur like TVS/Tata wants a Indian SEZ in Chatak/Sylhet region in Bangladesh. They want to manufacture things there and want to export them to NE. Mizoram CM wants BD enterpreneur to start Garment Industry in Mizoram and make use of the female workforce there.

For BD enterpreneur or for a Indian enterpreneur, do you think its logical for them to setup a industry in Mizorum specially export oriented? Just ask it to yourself.

So what every time terrorist in Kashmir boycott election but people always piss on their face and going to vote in large numbers nothing new ... just chilll

actually Kashmiris the other day DID declare it a black day.....funny you mention it :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom