What's new

‘Nonsense song’ gets lots of attention in India

Viral: ‘Nonsense song’ gets lots of laughs in India
Viral:

What was the No. 2 meme of the week?

No. 1 being, of course, officer John Pike. He is now better known as the Pepper Spray Cop, immortalized as he pepper-sprayed the faces of seated students on University of California Davis campus. The photos sparked a national outcry this week and were digitally remixed into hundreds of images.

Far away from the conflict at UC Davis campus, meanwhile, was a music video performed in “Tamglish” — a vibrant dialect that mixes Tamil and English — that kicked up a comedy ruckus in India.

The song is called “Kolaveri Di” (Killer Rage), from the upcoming Tamil movie 3 (the Tamil film industry is one of the biggest in the world). And among South Indian users of social networking sites, the “nonsense song” was all anyone could talk about.

Tamil actor Dhanush warbled lyrics he made up on the spot for the four-minute tune, which had received nearly three and a half million hits on YouTube by Thursday. The lyrics, he told an Indian newspaper, are about a drunk man who has been dumped by his girlfriend, has “no grammar” — and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

“It’s meant to be fun,” he said. “You should not attach too much importance to it,” he told the Times of India.

As an effective promo for his new movie, directed by his wife, the song is serious indeed.

you are a gift. you are the worlds most knowledgeable UGANDAN. how do you get get to know about Tamil movies and song?

may I call you the walking encyclopedia?.

stop bugging around and come up with some thoughtful threads...

peace

yes this song became very popular, but its completely rubbish

Even in pakistan ??

The song is stupid worse singer ,instead Tamil they put english words to catchy traditional tamil music.

This is age of hype,everything/one would get 15sec fame .

Even in pakistan ??

The song is stupid worse singer ,instead Tamil they put english words to catchy traditional tamil music.

This is age of hype,everything/one would get 15sec fame .

i honestly dunno

you are a gift. you are the worlds most knowledgeable UGANDAN. how do you get get to know about Tamil movies and song?
may I call you the walking encyclopedia?.
stop bugging around and come up with some thoughtful threads...
peace

^^^Look who is talking ! I think you should tell your fellow Indians to stop loving "nonsense songs" and do something productive instead.

^ Aha, in Uganda they work 18 hours a day, sleep and eat within the other 6, from the day they are old enough to work to the day they die, the most productive people in the world.

But OMG that song is SOOO BAD.

Khabar daar jo kissi ne meri BAAJI ko chera to khoon ki nadiyan baha doonga??

really, who was the garbage brain who posted this thread in the first place?????

if indians like a song, what is your problem?????

When you said "garbage brain" you were referring to the brain behind the song and the brains who organized the release of the songs in India and the smart brains of the Indians who loved the song !!! All in all the brains were Indians

Back
Top Bottom