What's new

Nobel laureate's wife detained

Western hopes that China is more reckless, and then, more accusations sound, however, you see, CCP is more experienced than before.

The Nobel Peace Prize seems to be more of a political tool these days. Seems to me that someone did this to deliberate pi$$ China off. IMO if China hadn't 'warned' Norway to not give him the prize, they might have chosen someone else.

Am doing some research on this chap now- actually never heard of him.

Wait, wait, wait...was that the point of giving him the Prize? Dayum, those Norwegians are clever:P

The Nobel Peace Prize seems to be more of a political tool these days. Seems to me that someone did this to deliberate pi$$ China off. IMO if China hadn't 'warned' Norway to not give him the prize, they might have chosen someone else.

Am doing some research on this chap now- actually never heard of him.

Wait, wait, wait...was that the point of giving him the Prize? Dayum, those Norwegians are clever:P

Why did the Norwegians give Gorbachev the Nobel peace prize? For destroying the country he was charge with running? Or for sabotaging the west's main rival in the cold war.

A word of warning, without knowing Chinese you'll likely not find too many articles that tell the Chinese side of the story.

Western hopes that China is more reckless, and then, more accusations sound, however, you see, CCP is more experienced than before.

So what problem actually the experienced China is actually facing from this lady so much that they put her in house arrest,had she been involved in any kind of intimidation,or just China again used it favorite tool "Inciting subversion of state power"once again

So what problem actually the experienced China is actually facing from this lady so much that they put her in house arrest,had she been involved in any kind of intimidation,or just China again used it favorite tool "Inciting subversion of state power"once again

I do not know whether true, even if is true, I think that is a reasonable action, You know there are many foreign spies in China,this is only temporary.

You'd think that you'd learn your lesson from your ban. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you free of the constraints of basic social decency and respect.

Why did the Norwegians give Gorbachev the Nobel peace prize? For destroying the country he was charge with running? Or for sabotaging the west's main rival in the cold war.

A word of warning, without knowing Chinese you'll likely not find too many articles that tell the Chinese side of the story.

Yes another example is Lech Walesa,the former President of Poland,who during the communist regime crippled the govt using his newly formed trade unions,also awarded nobel prize,seems anyone who is working against communism is given Nobel peace prize,as it is one of the criteria,sure it is misued by the west for scoring shots against its rivals

You are completely ignorant of own country, you should feel ashamed to youself. Do not say other, I suggest you go to see some news on India farce, child workers, death of workers, the poor were evicted, women are deceived into prostitution and so on.
I am absolutely ashamed of what my fellow-men are undergoing ; And you know how do i know it ? The same way you know it, through our Free Media. And day in and day out i have been reading the reports and also contributing to the NGOs here so that they Poverty can be removed or at least alleviated.

But you know what you should be ashamed of more ? The way the CCP subverts and prevents the truth about its shameful past from coming out. And what's more, those who advocate reforms and dissent are either sent to labour camps or are gunned down by the Military. At least we do not do that, and wherever any human atrocities like pogroms, riots, Human Rights violations have occured are brought out to the fore by our Media ; Its what we call "Free Speech" here. I bet you would be not be ashamed that such a freedom is not acceded by your Government.

I am absolutely ashamed of what my fellow-men are undergoing ; And you know how do i know it ? The same way you know it, through our Free Media. And day in and day out i have been reading the reports and also contributing to the NGOs here so that they Poverty can be removed or at least alleviated.

But you know what you should be ashamed of more ? The way the CCP subverts and prevents the truth about its shameful past from coming out. And what's more, those who advocate reforms and dissent are either sent to labour camps or are gunned down by the Military. At least we do not do that, and wherever any human atrocities like pogroms, riots, Human Rights violations have occured are brought out to the fore by our Media ; Its what we call "Free Speech" here. I bet you would be not be ashamed that such a freedom is not acceded by your Government.

You really should be ashamed for yourself, you do not know the history and reality of India. There are Indians will disagree with you. I'm really not interested to remind your fantasy.

BTW, I know what freedom of the press in India, this time, you cover up well, for those farce, and I know a lot of news from the West, not from the India News. This is the freedom of the press in India.

It really looks like you are willing to shallow s*** in any form as long as it is bottled and labelled as human rights.

Calm down. If you think he is undeserving of the Nobel Prize, exercise your democratic right in Canada and complain to your local elected representative.

Thread Re-Opened! Trash Removed!

Kindly stay on topic and discuss things within the frame of basic civility. From now on,strict actions will be taken against members who derail the thread/use in appropriate language/Personal attacks.

Calm down. If you think he is undeserving of the Nobel Prize, exercise your democratic right in Canada and complain to your local elected representative.

Anyone can express his views, overseas Chinese are respected, and that more is no problem.

I posted above that I am no entire unhappy that he got the Nobel prize and I stick by it for the reasons above.

I suggest you exercise your democratic rights in getting India to recognize Tibetan independence.

Back
Top Bottom