What's new

No Pakistani TV channels in India

What is so great about Pakistan Channels that the cable operators here in India should be forced to telecast these channels.......whats the business benefit for them.....

What is great is the quality of our shows, like I said we mention and discuss indian celebrities on our shows. This way they can see what they like and know already.

Also our shows and events are very socially relevent, they touch on very important issues and people from india can relate to them.

The business benefit is that we also buy your products and so when we watch your ad, we buy the same thing available in India. They can run ads on Pak channels that are relevent to both countries and even introduce new products to either market.

You know something, you are not talking rationally. You do not have any excuse for this non inclusion for Pak channels and are starting to blabber garbage now.

Think before you post.

want to say:
In India ,Regional Channels(News Channels mostly) are penetrating More even in Hindi Heartland too.DTH,Cable TV providers struggles to include the prominent channels for West,South,East and North East .

Everything is Expected to be India Centric from Channels.So ,I wonder any such demand for Pakistani or ME Channels.Now a days ,Discovery,NGC like Channels are churning out More "about India" Documentaries ,Which are Interesting.

About Indian Channels getting Viewers in Middle East : It may be because of the Liberalism and the Comparatively Free Society it Portrays.
OT : Discovery T&L is airing a documentary on SRK which is a big hit. ;)

One very technical question. May be electronics and telecommunications guys and answer. What is the bandwidth available on the normal co-ax cables used by area cable operators to connect to homes i.e. what is the maximum number ogf channels that can be transmitted?. Maybe the bandwidth is also a function of lenght of the cables and frequency of boosters/repeaters used. I have often seen that, channels above 60-70th number (UHF range?), the signal quality deteriorates considerably.
When there are literally 100's of popular Indian channels, I don't think cable operators will sacrifice bandwidth to accomodate Pakistani channels, whose popularity is not sure.

So apart from NDTV....rest all are entertainment channels........and what are the Pakistani entertainment channels being transmitted in Pakistan.........and please don't throw Wikipedia links.....name the channels.....that people watch on a daily basis.

Geo TV
ARY digital
Hum TV
TV One
PTV
ATV
Indus Vision
AAg TV
MTV
Play TV
OYE TV
The Muzik

What is great is the quality of our shows, like I said we mention and discuss indian celebrities on our shows. This way they can see what they like and know already.

So by discussing India celebrities on Pakistanis shows improves the quality of show.....thats because there is hardly any film industry in Pakistan.....so no celebrities....and you blame India for that...
Indian channels have enough of India celebrities to talk about...and please can you tell me how many actors work in Pakistani film industry to produce celebrities that can be talked about in India... or for that matter in any International media.

Also our shows and events are very socially relevent, they touch on very important issues and people from india can relate to them.

Now if the channels are Indians...they would obviously show issues relevant to India...so Pakistanis would not be able to relate to them.....the Indian audience has no such issue with India channels here in India......

The business benefit is that we also buy your products and so when we watch your ad, we buy the same thing available in India. They can run ads on Pak channels that are relevent to both countries and even introduce new products to either market.

The answer is ....that Pakistan market is too small for most of India consumer Products and it is a waste of money to invest on Pakistani media channels to specially create Pakistan based adds for India products......or India specific products.....from what I have learnt here on this forum....Pakistanis would die before they touch anything thats made in India....so there goes the business sense...out of the window.

You know something, you are not talking rationally. You do not have any excuse for this non inclusion for Pak channels are starting to blabber garbage now.

Think before you post.

Rationally......hmm....Ok...India cable guy plays Pakistani channels...he creates infrastructure....he pays for electricity....and Pakistani media channels don't pay him for that coverage.....where is your rationality now......in a place beyond Sun's reach...

Thinking before posting......:rofl:

Will You Elaborate?What "Made in India" Products are You Talking About? Or Smuggling You Meant?:confused: If for eg if "horlicks noodles"(India) reached Pakistani Markets ,Then it Means There is Smuggling and Illegal selling.That's it.

You Meant the Uniliver,Glaxosmithkline etc like Non-Indian MNC's Products(and their India specific products launched in Pakistan?I can see "ENO" antacid in their site)?:undecided:

There is No Trade or Promotion of things in Pakistan via Indian Channels and if it Happened ,then it may be Purely Coincidental?(Except for Non Indian telebrands like B.C's)

Last edited:
That's just jingoistic speech, there's nothing low quality about Geo, Aaj, Dunya, Dawn. It was one thing if they were banned by the government. But if you're saying that the population of India is to blame for it then that means the Indian population itself is closed minded.

If thats who you're saying ALL Indians are then Pink Floyd sung a song for you guys way back

Bunch of zombies following what they are told...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Pakistani channels should be allowed, simply because i don't support censorship.

However all jingos saying pakistani channels are awesome and indian crap are just products of those pakistani channles :) there's good and bad in a very very overcrowded market.

And those taking potshots at india should be reminded that india has given Most Favored Nation status to pakistan but pakistan has not reciprocated.

That's just jingoistic speech, there's nothing low quality about Geo, Aaj, Dunya, Dawn. It was one thing if they were banned by the government. But if you're saying that the population of India is to blame for it then that means the Indian population itself is closed minded.

If thats who you're saying ALL Indians are then Pink Floyd sung a song for you guys way

AA...If you are defeted by logic than try rhetoric?
First you said that GoI is banning them, when I countered that assertion than you stooped low to satisfy your ego.
How many China channels are followed in PK? Or Say Afgani Channels? Irani?

Does this make PK citizens zombie?
In my prev msg I explained why for technical and practical reason PK channels are not aired in India.
If there is no buzz created for IPL would you know abt it? How many know that there were football and hockey league in India just like IPL? PPL know abt IPL because of all the buzz created around it.

Whenever any new product is launched, its the producer who is responsible to make sure that target audience is told about the product, educated abt the product. And they have to make sure that product is available in market for those who want to try it out.

Its PK channel owner who are to be blamed, if any one to be blamed, for there incompetency to exploit the potential market.

If thats who you're saying ALL Indians are then Pink Floyd sung a song for you guys way back

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

Nope you are wrong .. its because we keep High hopes all the time in everything..

Last edited by a moderator:
Idiots like you do not understant

Actually I rather not anwer your retarded baseless rheoteric that you presented to me. Get lost, this is a Pakistani forum and I tried to be civil by answering your queries and you take cheap shots about us not having celebrities and having a small market and what not.

sir,

No need to be hyper, abusive or personally attack a member it is against the rules as well as against the decency.

we can have discussion in more positive way.

thanks

The issue has little to do with quality of programming or demand for channels, which has been the main topic of discussion on this thread. The reason for non availability of Pakistani channels in India is the Indian Government's

Policy Guidelines for Downlinking of Television Channels

According to the policy, no channel may be downlinked by any cable operator without that channel first being registered with the ministry of information and broadcasting.

In order to register a channel, an application must be made by an Indian company that owns such channel or has rights to distribute it in India. There are several other conditions that have to be complied with, additional ones for news channels.

The channel's application has to be then approved by the ministry.
In my opinion, the chances of a Pakistani channel being approved are slim. These are the same people who denied permission to Al Jazeera English for so many years on national security grounds and only allowed it last month!

Prior to this policy being enforced in 2005, Pakistani channels were broadcast in India, though much less after Kargil.
Cable operators regularly violate the policy in case of other channels. But do not take the risk for Pakistani channels, as the likelihood of complaints is higher.

Back
Top Bottom