What's new

No Pakistani TV channels in India

I just don't know, i saw some clips of some pakistani programmes and talks hsows.. and i believe.. we are suffering a lot from lot of crap here.. its better that we don't take much more crap from outside..!!!! ;)

Apart from the jokes well yes channels except the extrimists one like india tv etc.... should not be shown on either sides... but good news channels and entertainment channels should be allowed to telecast.. this will give both countries a better understanding of each other..!!!

Kashmir ban for Pakistan channels

Cable television operators in Indian-administered Kashmir say they have stopped broadcasting four Pakistani television channels.

They say they are acting on the orders of the Indian federal government.

State officials said the cable operators did not have the necessary permission to broadcast the channels, PTV, ARY, Aaj and Geo TV.

Reports say the ban is mainly affecting the summer capital, Srinagar, but not other parts of the area.

The main separatist alliance , the All-Party Hurriyat Conference, has criticised the government's decision.

Correspondents say people have been watching some of these channels for years and it is not clear why the authorities have now decided to stop them.

Pakistani television channels are popular with viewers in Indian-administered Kashmir and cable television is the main form of entertainment in the province.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Kashmir ban for Pakistan channels

i know that there are many who want to see the other side too...

I never watched any Pakistani channels when they were aired in India. I remember some cable operators used to show PTV, ARY, GEO TV, Q TV etc. There are already more than enough Indian channels. National channels, state channels, district channels, channels operated by the cable operater showing pirated movies and local events, itself took up all the TV time I could get. Over that there are the western channels like HBO, NatGeo, Discovery, cartoon network etc. etc.
Where is the time to watch any Pakistani channels :what:

Pakistani Channels don't have demand in India, but that doesn't mean they don't have quality stuff to broadcast. Though Indian channels face stiff competition among themselves, and now as the no of Channels is huge including foreign broadcaster, there is no room left for anything else. Moreover, Indian population is mostly inclined towards India or the west. It is a vague argument, you can't just push some channel in a country where there is no demand for it. Where will you get the TRP's from? Who will give them the ads? etc etc

Ok First thing first. I don't think there is any directive from GoI to ban PK channels. Why? Simple. I have 3 of them available to me. 1) PTV, 2) ARY something (its religious channel with some phone in program in evening) 3) Some movie channel. Prev they use to show HW movie. Not they are doing Test Run for hindi movie channel. They always has one adv. some travel agency in PK.

So PK channels are not banned in India.

Now why they are not available in general like Indian channels in PK. I will try to explain this but I am not very familiar with Cable Tech so pls bear with me.

In India there is 3 main ways for TV content distribution.
1) Old terrestrial way. Just put you antenna on the roof and bingo! This is for only Gov Channels (DD). Nowdays I am not sure how many ppl are still getting there channel through this.
2) Through Dish TV. This is catching up but still in infancy. The provider gives you option to select the channels you want to watch. The options provided by the operator is based on the "national" demand. I doubt there is demand for PK channels at national level. Giving the love-hate relationship between the 2 countries can also be the reason as these operators are more visible than the next category.
3) Local Cable provider. Most of the Indian Homes get there content through local cable guy. This is basically 1 or 2 cablewallah for whole city. They put up multiple dish to get the signals and re-transmit on there own wires to local homes. First imp thing here is the transponders used by PK channels. For around 500 channels in India they have to use only 5-7 dish. This is basically because they use common satellite for down-linking. I guess PK channels are using diff satellites, for which these guys have to do separate setup and all. Given the very limited demand, even if its there, not economically feasible for them.
The next issue is that even the channels are sometime available, general public is not aware of them because i) They are not interested 2) This is again technical. On cables there are diff freq. Some are prime and rest are non-prime. For carrying there channel on Prime freq these cable operators get paid from Channel guys. And so start moving on non-prime freq the quality starts to deteriorate.. Thats why some channels have very good quality while some have snowy effect.

I imp thing to keep in mind that demand are create for these channels in 2 ways. 1) Adv, which for PK channels is Nil in India.
2) The word-of-mouth publicity. Which again is lacking. This is vicious cycle. If some ppl watch some prog and like, they will tell others and this way demand will be generated. This is very imp point. This make it very difficult for new channel so they try to "barge" in water-cooler talk and "aunties" meeting by doing high blitz adv and doing some high voltage show using famous personality or controversial topic.

Bharat is afraid of letting its citizens know what is happening outside their borders. The main reason there is so much jingoism and propaganda in Indian Media is to deceive the Indian people on the real state-of-the-world. By keeping people illiterate, ignorant and 'nationalist-beyond-reason' they maintain their grip (and keep themselves from being castrated for the time being).

But the people are waking up. The naxals have taken hold. The minorities are taking hold. When the Dalits fully break free of their bondage, the mighty elephant will AWAKEN! Jai Hind to a new and just Bharat!

Keep this in mind when Indians accuse others of Media Censorship.

Don't you guys ever want to hear the opposing points of views from Geo, Dawn, Aaj, Dunya?

Pretty closed minded of Indians. I think they only allow ARY, which is sort of all happy go lucky.

Pakistani channels are not freely available in India because...it does not make any business scene for India cable operators ....they would lose money by creating infrastructure for these channels.....as there is miniscuel or no demand.......

Even greats like Star TV and Sony had to some and adapt themselves according to Indian viewer-ship.....to do business here.....free of cost DD nahi bikta India main...to Pakistani channels ki kaun sunega.........Pakistani channels claim to be rich in content...but that is just their statement.....I never saw any great Pakistani channels in Dubai...

Don't you guys ever want to hear the opposing points of views from Geo, Dawn, Aaj, Dunya?

Pretty closed minded of Indians. I think they only allow ARY, which is sort of all happy go lucky.

Paise ka khela hai...miyan......almost every product that sells in India sells in Pakistan....so advertisers get more exposure if their items get flashed on Indian TV channels that are available in Pakistan......but the reverse of this is not true...

dont worry we have internet and guys like you we can gain all the news

well frankly the qulaity of chaneel are very poor that why they dont have demands

Bharat is afraid of letting its citizens know what is happening outside their borders. The main reason there is so much jingoism and propaganda in Indian Media is to deceive the Indian people on the real state-of-the-world. By keeping people illiterate, ignorant and 'nationalist-beyond-reason' they maintain their grip (and keep themselves from being castrated for the time being).

But the people are waking up. The naxals have taken hold. The minorities are taking hold. When the Dalits fully break free of their bondage, the mighty elephant will AWAKEN! Jai Hind to a new and just Bharat!

Keep this in mind when Indians accuse others of Media Censorship.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thats really hilarious coming from a Chinese. You talk about media freedom in India:woot:
What you tell about 'Bharat' applies 100% to P.R. China. Probably you got the countries mixed up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom