What's new

No middlemen in Rafale jet deal, French President Hollande assures India

DrSomnath999

Reaction score
Country
India
hollande_350_021513074536.jpg

France has assured India that there will not be any middlemen in the country's biggest defence deal - the purchase of $12 billion (Rs.64,560 cr) Rafale fighter jets.

French President Francois Hollande, who is on a two-day visit to India with a delegation of ministers and business leaders, said, "I can give my commitment that there will not be anything different (in the Rafale deal). There will be nothing contrary to principles common to us... We are vigilant like India to curb corruption."

Assuring that the Rafale is a clean deal, Hollande said, "The Rafale has qualified because of its excellence. There cannot be any other reason."
Hollande, who is on his first visit to trip to Asia since taking office in May last year, made it clear that his visit was aimed at signalling to New Delhi that he wanted to add a new dimension to the strategic partnership.

During his talks with PM Manmohan Singh, Hollande pushed for the Rafale jet deal, which has been on the negotiating table since January 2012.
But given the storm over the AugustaWestland chopper deal, the Rafale negotiations made only "some more progress" and the two leaders "hoped to reach a conclusion."

The two leaders, however, concluded negotiations on the short range surface to air (SR-SAM) missile, which, once approved by the government, will be co-developed and co-produced in India. The Rs.30,000-crore project would be developed by MBDA of France and DRDO from the Indian side.

Hollande and Singh also signed agreements on cultural exchange, education, space and railways. Hollande supported India's candidature as a permanent member of the UN Security Council.

A joint statement issued at the end of the meeting demonstrated the shared resolve of the two countries to work together to fight terrorism. "We share similar worldviews on many issues, including on the need to stabilise the global economy and combat terrorism," Hollande said.

Reciprocating to the French President's friendly overtures, Singh said, "India regards France as one of its most valued strategic partners that has given us strong and steadfast support at difficult moments."

Both leaders realised that economic trade needs a boost, as they missed the target of 12 billion Euro set for 2012 by 4 billion Euro.

Read more at: No middlemen in Rafale jet deal, French President Hollande assures India : North, News - India Today

well what more the whining losers could do just malign that good ol Rafale as bribed deal not on
merit

As if all other competitors were saint & have won deals with merit no corruption ,no diplomatic pressure .:lol:

HOOOSh

Impossible .................

BOFORS is repeated in every deal :D.

Yeh to chopper deal ki kismat bekaar thee jo pakde gaye :P

and Rafale deal is next( subramanium swamy)

as per him,soniya gandhi ne 2 billion dollar khaye :rofl:

@arp2041 Do you think Hollande would have said this if Agusta scam was not highlighted ?

See, now they are Careful this time because it was brought to light Unlike we forgot Bofors.

Govt. don't change or cancel orders because of Media if there is no investigation done yet.

If govt. cancels this deal instead of completing the investigation in 1 month deadline and then take action, it will be Idiotic.

SET the EXAMPLE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impossible .................

BOFORS is repeated in every deal :D.

Yeh to chopper deal ki kismat bekaar thee jo pakde gaye :P

and Rafale deal is next( subramanium swamy)

as per him,soniya gandhi ne 2 billion dollar khaye :rofl:

he would have said the same thing if typhoon was selected;)

@arp2041 Do you think Hollande would have said this if Agusta scam was not highlighted ?

See, now they are Careful this time because it was brought to light Unlike we forgot Bofors.

Govt. don't change or cancel orders because of Media if there is no investigation done yet.

If govt. cancels this deal instead of completing the investigation in 1 month deadline and then take action, it will be Idiotic.

SET the EXAMPLE.

:lol:

no offence buddy, but ur posts are no different than the news of Indian media :disagree:

Why do you think he said this?? B'coz he was asked question by Indian media on the first place since there is already talks of corruption in another important deal........

& what you think he would have said?? Oh ya France has paid $ 2 billion as bribe to secure this deal........:disagree:

Our media only dance to the tunes of TRP, find those source, where it gets the most.......

When CWG is in focus they forget Cricket, When Cricket is in focus they forget Olympics, When Dhoni is in focus they forget Rakhi Sawant, When Arvind Kejriwal is in focus they forget Anna, When BJP is in focus they forget Congress.........

They in fact will be just waiting for an iota of doubt in Rafale deal so that they can get a masala out of entire deal to run for entire week if not less.

A well renowned defence analyst was suggesting the scrapping of Rafale deal in favor of F-35s, when even a noob knows that Rafale is better than F-35 in Indian case any given day.......

What do you think some are seriously worried about Indian security???

Don't forget buddy that france does have history of bribing the officials....Don't forget India's Scorpene Submarine Deal their was a article about the scam related to that deal also and then Pakistan Mirage2000 Zardari fiasco....

:lol:

no offence buddy, but ur posts are no different than the news of Indian media :disagree:

Why do you think he said this?? B'coz he was asked question by Indian media on the first place since there is already talks of corruption in another important deal........

& what you think he would have said?? Oh ya France has paid $ 2 billion as bribe to secure this deal........:disagree:

Our media only dance to the tunes of TRP, find those source, where it gets the most.......

When CWG is in focus they forget Cricket, When Cricket is in focus they forget Olympics, When Dhoni is in focus they forget Rakhi Sawant, When Arvind Kejriwal is in focus they forget Anna, When BJP is in focus they forget Congress.........

They in fact will be just waiting for an iota of doubt in Rafale deal so that they can get a masala out of entire deal to run for entire week if not less.

A well renowned defence analyst was suggesting the scrapping of Rafale deal in favor of F-35s, when even a noob knows that Rafale is better than F-35 in Indian case any given day.......

What do you think some are seriously worried about Indian security???

F 35 than rafale? NO WAY.
we won't get tot from f35. Tot rafale tot is very important for indian aviation industry... Plus that junk is still not ready. After every month they ground f35.

Hollande shouldn't have felt be had to make such an OBVIOUS statement in the first place.

God knows how the Rafale/ MMRCA deal has been brought unit all this.

@KRAIT just because some people are defending the Rafale and AW-101 deals doesn't mean they don't care about corruption. It is just that the media who is creating this momentum behind this man-made outrage and the people who are the loudest commentators are no where near qualified as journalistset alone as defence journalists. When these fools are showing pics of Mil-17s instead of AW-101s do you really have confidence that they are Able to understand the intricacies of an international money laundering racket?

The Indian media simy aren't qualified to be passing comment on such matters. Case and point I have not heard a single Indian journalist make any reference to the Italian internal investigations that are the source of this entire investigation. I have not heard a single Indian journo mention that the investigations are into Finencmia and NOT Augusta Westland (a subsidery) and the investigations are solely focused on Italian politicians and beauraceats.

@arp2041 Sorry to say buddy, you are not ready to listen alternate things.

I am not concerned about 12 choppers more than exposing the corrupt like you are.

You are showing same "Chalta hai" Attitude. And you support Modi but approve Congress. :D

"Kick backs happen all the time."
"India aisa hi hai"
"Corruption can't be controlled in India"

I know Media is hyping everything. May be we need those because common man is not asking questions and forcing Govt. to take effective measures.

"Who cares ?"

India wakes up, Only when most shocking cases like 2G and Coalgate, Billions in Black Money are exposed.

Bofor happened, this happened, It will keep happening.

"Chalta hai yaar." ;) :enjoy:

Fine, I rest my case. Have your choppers with not arresting Corrupt officials. Like they will Only limit themselves to Kick backs, not favoring one product.

F 35 than rafale? NO WAY.
we won't get tot from f35. Tot rafale tot is very important for indian aviation industry... Plus that junk is still not ready. After every month they ground f35.

I know, but this brilliant suggestion was given by one renowned defence analyst some time back.....

I don't want to take his name, u can just fill the blanks C_l. A_ai Sh_kla :)

@Abingdonboy can you tell me what will happen to those 3 aw101 which we got it??
I guess deal is scraped by now right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom