What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

pakistanis stil hoping china will come to the rescue

modi first overseas trip is china to double trade.

so dont rely on china they did nothing to help in 1999 kargil

so indians think, in case of war, they will bring all of their MKIs to pakistani borders and leave the rest of their bases alongside indian-chinese border

JF17 stil uses all metal alloy airframe RATHER than more expensive but far superior composite material found on more modern 4th gen fighters.

without composites the airframe of thunder is weaker and more suspectable to fatigue damage and will emit far more radar signals.

PAF saved money by cutting corners but at cost of inferior airframe

so bilal your comment about lowest RCS is flawed

JFT is a cleaner design compared to gripen whose frontal RCS would be ruined by canard. Unless you have access to hard data all of us a just hypothesising.

If you believed what you are suggesting, you wouldn't have taken the pain of posting it.

JF17 stil uses all metal alloy airframe RATHER than more expensive but far superior composite material found on more modern 4th gen fighters.

without composites the airframe of thunder is weaker and more suspectable to fatigue damage and will emit far more radar signals.

PAF saved money by cutting corners but at cost of inferior airframe

so bilal your comment about lowest RCS is flawed

Please, shower some celestial knowledge and tell us exactly how the use of composites lower RCS ?
While you are at it, tell me why fatigue can only be attributed to metal frames ?

Take your time, and use surgical precision if you have to; we would love to understand this.

Mr Smart Arse Salman.

Here is a link explaining the advantages of composites

Why Composites? - Premix Inc.

I suggest you play attention to point 9 & 10 AND HOW THEY COMPOSITES in stealth fighters play a crucial role in absorbing radar signals.

All the euro canards and both J10 & LCA TEJAS have extensive composite material airframes.

" dont be too embasressed " you live and learn everyday

All of those Indians posting about hypothetical situation in which they think with out J-10s PAF will not be able to hand IAFs on slot are living in fools heaven, get the hint why the hell PAF's senior F-16 pilots flying Chinese Flankers in China??

There are many things which are not disclosed and modi's visit to double trade will not change strategic realities on the ground, remember what India is doing against China in every possible way.

Mr Smart Arse Salman.

Here is a link explaining the advantages of composites

Why Composites? - Premix Inc.

I suggest you play attention to point 9 & 10 AND HOW THEY COMPOSITES in stealth fighters play a crucial role in absorbing radar signals.

All the euro canards and both J10 & LCA TEJAS have extensive composite material airframes.

" dont be too embasressed " you live and learn everyday

Shape is more important in RCS than material. As I said JFT is a clean design with hidden engine blades and DSI compared to canard touting gripen.

Multi-frequency RCS Reduction Characteristics of Shape Stealth with MLFMA with Improved MMN

Shaping and absorber are to be complementary to each other. Not an either/or argument.

Take the wing, for example. Edge on, the wing produces a very low RCS, but upon maneuvering, there will be times when the wing will not present itself as an edge, which produces diffused diffraction signals, but a plate, which will reflect like a mirror and may give the seeking radar enough energy to effect detection.

radar_absorb_fe.jpg

What absorber formulation can do is to allow some measure of penetration or pass through, let the particles attenuate the incoming signal, then as some energy will exit the material because it is pass through, the energy level will be significantly decreased from original and direction of exit may not make it back to the seeking radar.

The problem here is how to calculate the judicious use of both tactics as dictated by the aircraft design itself.

@gambit what I meant was that shaping has greater impact on RCS reduction than simply using absorbent materials on a reflective shape. Once a design has reached a certain level on VLO shaping, designers can apply absorbers on reflective parts of the airplane to further reduce the signature.

@gambit what I meant was that shaping has greater impact on RCS reduction than simply using absorbent materials on a reflective shape. Once a design has reached a certain level on VLO shaping, designers can apply absorbers on reflective parts of the airplane to further reduce the signature.
You are correct -- for now. Absorber technology is evolving and the next iteration will be active cancellation at the materials level.

Bilal there is no stealth shaping to thunder.

Back to topic paf with j10 is stronger than without. No arguments.

And yes your f16 are vulnerable to sanctions.

Has happenrd before and can happen
In future.

But you have no choice to go anywhere else.

who need help while dealing with vegetarians :lol:
If i am not wrong it was vajpay who run to US for helps during kargil conflicts----Actually i am very happy modi is in power, now this monkey will start the war, and we will get an escuse to get ride of you once for all, we will finnish the unfinnished job ;)

Just one point. Didn't A.C Khalid sahib also said that it is HIS OPINION and decision will be made at higher level? So, why most of the members here have assumed his opinion as the official policy of PAF? I think we must give it more time. F-16 is indeed a better suited platform from PAF point of view (experience, existing infrastructure, realiability) but the potential J-10B holds (AESA, no threat of sanctions, possible TOT) for future surpass all the advantages of F-16 in the long run.

You are correct -- for now. Absorber technology is evolving and the next iteration will be active cancellation at the materials level.

I do not think that is the next step. It is already done. Take those ECM with DRFM. if you knew what they are doing right now to give realistic looking changes in radar reflection and I mean you know if I say 400 Mhz a few clock cycles... I am not a expert but I have talked to some and followed more then a few classes/books...

Bilal there is no stealth shaping to thunder.

Never said that. The only point is that it's a clean design so saying it has a great disadvantage in terms of RCS to gripen as your compatriates are saying would be wrong.

So materials that would absorb signals and radiate them out of phase in the same direction? Interesting! Is there any literature out there to read about it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom