What's new

No Aryan migration into India / Pakistan? Its' all a myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that the Indo-Europeans foreigners established themselves as upper castes, therefore lighter skinned Hindus are on top of your caste system while darker skinned Hindus are in the bottom of your caste system, even though the low caste Hindus were the original inhabitants of India...

Therefore the Hindu caste system is a discriminatory system like the Nazi System in pre-world war 2 Germany.

i have some tamil,telgu friends who are dark skinned and still brahmin,i am a marathi with a very dark complexion still i am a brahmin
the caste system was evolved because in the past the work done by the father was carried on by the son so if a person cleans toilets his son will also clean toilets,the system was rigged by the brahmins for their own benefits

There is, because of intermarrige between races. Did you see the video I posted about India-BBC, some posts back. Quite interesting.
Watch it and give your view afterwards.

I know there are intermarriages but a new look on the history has been given specially based on DNA mapping of Indians. Here is a book..... I had read another article by some scientists from US and Indian universities who researched on this and came to conclusion of common ancestry, searching for it.

North and South Indian populations share a common ancestral origin of Friedreich's ataxia but vary in age of GAA repeat expansion.
Singh I, Faruq M, Mukherjee O, Jain S, Pal PK, Srivastav MV, Behari M, Srivastava AK, Mukerji M.
Neuroscience Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.

North and South Indian populations share a common ... [Ann Hum Genet. 2010] - PubMed result
U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health

I don't know what problem he has with roy_gourav. Yesterday his name was Gourav_singh. Today it is Roy_Gay.

When people can't win arguments they resort to this:cheesy:

The reference to the 9th avatar of Vishnu is interesting. The concept of avatars is probably well-known by now; Vishnu in particular was partial to turning up from time to time in an avatar of himself, a simulacrum of himself, except that unlike a simulacrum, an avatar is an absolute likeness. Originally, the avatars listed were Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vaman; then came in Parasuram, Sri Rama and Sri Krishna; finally are listed the Buddha and Kalki. It is obvious that in an attempt to unify Hindu society, someone somewhere inserted the Buddha into the pantheon. This is probably a very late development, probably subsequent to the campaign by Sankaracharya in the 9th century, when he initiated a campaign which left no stone unturned to revive Hinduism and remove the threat from Buddhism.

@ChineseTiger1986: It was not precisely a Brahmin revenge, more an act of co-opting the Buddha, to strengthen Hinduism, and Brahminism, most ironical, considering how completely he had smashed the idiotic ritual of the Brahmins, and considering how they called the Buddha and all his followers 'heretics'.

@ChineseTiger1986: There were two stages. In and around the 6th century BC, he was considered a heretic; later, about 1,400 years later, during the revival of Hinduism, he was included into the avatars of Vishnu, because the priests wanted him on their side, not against them.

There is a characteristic Indian wrinkle about this. Sankaracharya, who travelled throughout India, debating Buddhist scholars and philosophers and seeking to convert them, was a Saivite; the priests who took in the Buddha into the pantheon were the priests of Vishnu, bitterly opposed to Sankaracharya.

Incorrect. Buddha was made an avatar of Vishnu but not in the manner that most assume. Buddha was (supposedly) malevolent Vishnu deceiving the Asuras by propagating a false doctrine. This absorption of Buddha was done to strengthen Brahminism by portraying the Buddha's teachings as being deliberately false. Only much later, after Buddhism was rendered non-existent was it glossed over & read as being a benign avatar of Vishnu.

Incorrect. Buddha was made an avatar of Vishnu but not in the manner that most assume. Buddha was (supposedly) malevolent Vishnu deceiving the Asuras by propagating a false doctrine. This absorption of Buddha was done to strengthen Brahminism by portraying the Buddha's teachings as being deliberately false. Only much later, after Buddhism was rendered non-existent was it glossed over & read as being a benign avatar of Vishnu.

Didn't know that one. Many thanks.

Thanks hugely. Sounded like a charter member of the gang, but I wasn't sure myself. ;-)
Oh believe me, he is a charter member of that gang of slimeballs. He is the founder of Infinity Foundation which pretends to research on Eastern religions. What he peddles under the garb of research is high quality horse manure.

I noticed that someone has quoted Michel Danino and you have thanked that post. Careful Joe. Michel Danino was the only person who came in defense of N.S.Rajaram during the Piltdown Horse fiasco. Read it here.

This theory was floated in order to rationalize Buddha's critique of Vedas. In spite of that, a bunch of loopholes remain. Off the top of my head, if Buddha was really an incarnation of Vishnu, how come Buddha was born human. All other incarnations of Vishnu were divine from birth. But it was only Buddha who had to toil to achieve 'nirvana'. Also, all incarnations have grand narratives in form of Puranas. But Buddha does not have any (like Kalki).

Not just a bunch of loopholes, only loopholes! Vishnu actually comes as the great deluder twice, first naked (jain) & then in Buddhist garments. This was supposedly Brhaspati fooling the asuras into believing that by disguising himself as Sukra (& chasing the real Sukra out by making him out to be an imposter) and asking them to disown the Vedas and follow this false (Buddhist & Jain) doctrine. Supposedly a grand plan to destroy the Asuras. (Only Prahlada; the king of the asuras resists the supposed corruption) (Padma Purana, Vishnu Purana)

Cunning chaps, weren't they? Never directly opposing but surreptitiously undermining the opposition. Incorporating Buddhism/Jainism would have been too easy (also an admission of defeat) & so out of character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom