What's new

Newsweek targets Pakistan

THE US MEDIA IS AT IT AGAIN UNFAIRLY TARGETING PAKISTAN. THIS IS MY LETTER TO THE EDITOR OF NEWSWEEK WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE MEMBERS.

To, October 29, 2007

The Editor,

Your article on Pakistan reeks of political complicity, sprinkled with innuendoes, hyperbole and inaccurate and unsubstantiated drivel. You took one incident and blew it out of proportion. The catholic terrorists of the I.R.A regularly bomb London. Mortality and morbidity in the USA from pollutants homicide and stress would make any other nation a paradise by comparison and yet you have the gall to label Pakistan as “The most dangerous place on earth”.

In your article you lament about AK-47 rifles and a $750 sniper rifle in a pakistani gunshop while in your own backyard rednecks hunt ducks and rabbits with assault rifles and .50 cal sniper rifles. The inner city youth glorify drive by shootings and “COP KILLERS” in rap songs.

In your article you deliberately and systematically perpetuate the myth that fundamentalist jihadis could seize Pakistan’s nuclear assets and that every one of them is a potential WERNER VON BRAUN with the ability and technical expertise to launch that arsenal and start a nuclear war. In doing so you you make the Pakistani military and it’s generals incompetent and impotent.

I do concede that your target audience the American people are not very knowledgeable about the rest of the planet and do take the word of television, Hollywood and the print media as gospel truth.

Perhaps your readers may be genuinely relieved if I were to illuminate that Pakistan’s military with traditions older than the US and a proven track record of HONOUR,FIDELITY and VALOUR ranks amongst the world’s finest,disciplined and competent fighting forces. It would be a folly to compare Pakistan’s generals ( The majority of whom can be generals in the US army) with banana republic bandito generalissimo types that your readers are more familiar with.

Last time I checked it was the US that tested it’s weapons of mass destructions on a non Caucasian island people. Moreover certain nations that openly tout their “FINAL OPTION” are very much against the “ISLAMIC BOMB” and they do possess the money and resources to stir animosity against Pakistan.

Finally I think most people would feel safer in Pakistan than in a country where USAF jets fly over major cities with live nuclear warheads and where a “REACTOR INCIDENT” could perhaps kill millions.

NADEEM S. HAROON

485 N. PINE ISLAND ROAD

106-A, PLANTATION, FL 33324

954- 249-9345

good on you! this is what we need most - DEFENDERS of PAKISTAN

I meant about the blackmailing part. But personally, even the video tapping part I'd doubt. Why bother, since everyone knows about it anyway

Well yes i agree with blackmailing part as i dont see they needed to do that.

Removing CJ wasnt the real motive nor even if he had verdict against Musharraf would have harmed President.

As far tapping part well ummm they do tap it ;)

Bravo guderian

Removing CJ wasnt the real motive nor even if he had verdict against Musharraf would have harmed President.

What was the real motive for the State of Emergency then? If it wasn't something to do with the judiciary, why take over the judiciary first of all?

I wonder if anyone can refute that.

He is the source of all the problems that Pakistan faces today.

Bingo!

by the way it is capt(retd).Ayaz Amir. joined PPP. posted as political officer at Pak Embassy in Moscow. tends to oppose whomever comes into power!

Rest recoding and spying on all people important in bureaucracy, government, judiciary, politicians all is normal thing for the agencies and they are doing it since their creation and I guess it is better for the country that they should keep tapping such things ;)

Jeez...you serious? You condone the ISI blackmailing people by threatening to shame them publicly? To intrude into their private lives?

This should be a journalist's nightmare, since such tactics can be used against anyone to suppress information or change the truth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom