What's new

News Flash: JFT carries out a successful WS-13 Flight test.

Congratulations to China and Pakistan for this great development. Hopefully everything will turn out as it was desired by air force of both countries.

Well i see the importance and benifits in the WS-13 program but i still had to point out that the engine likely needs more time before it's ready. We have to remember that the WS-10 made a test flight in 2002 but even as recently as 2009 there was reports of problems, perhaps the WS-13 program is doing better but based on other engine programs, including ones outside of China it is too early to celebrate a testflight.

that is right and very professionally correct.
celebrations now will be jumping the gun.
Even if WS-13 is 100 % true on all design specs;
just the testing and tweaking will take 3-4 years.
RD-93 will be a better option; WS-13 can be a fail safe option for future.

Just because the WS-13 was flight tested doesn't mean it will enter production any time soon. There are certain engines that took decades to develope.

2565potato.jpg

.. in addition to every other good thing, I see no smoke tail :partay:

:pakistan::china:

great development, gratz to China and Pakistan. Another milestone is achieved.. :yahoo:

however, we will still be using Russian engine till this WS-13 will start its serial production after all sort of testing.. on the other hand, many thanks to Russians who provided us their engine, otherwise JFT project wouldn't be at this stage..

RD-93 has helped us a lot and will keep doing so. Testing an engine doesnt mean that one can put it in aircraft tomorrow. It takes quite some time to test its performance parameters, reliability,limitations and may be in this case slight design changes in aircraft too. But the engine development is going in right direction which is definitely a great source of satisfaction for us. As someone (Sir Imran Khan) very rightly said that we should be thankful to Russians for provision of RD-93s. Lets not get out of ourselves its just testing of engine and we dont know what were the results. So feel easy, do believe that we are going in right direction but will take some time, no short cuts ;)

Last edited:
I would agree with Imran Khan, we should not be closing the door on the Russian - we need more than ever before good relations with the Russian, particularly good commercial and security relations with the Russians. On the other hand it's a very positive development that the engine has been tested and we hope the design parameters, particularly increased thrust and economy will be achieved.

great work...long live Pak-China Friendship... Good going Pakistan

Good news everyone WS-13 is being Flight tested :pakistan::china:

Bye bye RD-93 & Russkis :partay:

Regards::tup:

Come on man, that was raw !

You have absolutely no idea how much we have gained from the Russians; and how absolutely wonderful friends they can be.

We made a mistake by looking at USA in 1947 and we are still paying for it.

I still believe that if Pakistan foreign office has the least of sense, they can stop running after USA and put half the effort in improving relations with Russia; It will be a very very smart move.

:mps: << I don't even know what that is, but just since the alphabets looks Russian.

seems like it generates more power than RD 93 and if it is coming with AESA Radar than it is a realy big development because it will be as capable as SU 30

We need to wait , though i am digging into it but again everything remains under wraps until its done - a SinoPak way of doing thing:D

For sure It needa be like that...considering present scenarios...:coffee:
Alhamdolillah and MashAllah for the success stories...:china::pakistan:

If true........ news is good, as it sounds... we should thank Russinas and with all honesty appreciate RD-93 as a good product.
RD-93 fall victim to the mistrust in dependence on foreing suppliers.
Congrats to both Pakistan and China on the feast.

I agree with you entirely because when the rest of world emposed sanctions on us, it was the russians who helped jf-17 progress all the way. No matter how much people oppose the russians, the jf-17 project was not possible without their contribution in shape of rd-93. What i know is that russians have sent positive nod for export of rd-93 to ALL export customers. Nothing to loose for them, only good sales and marketing for their product.

Back
Top Bottom