What's new

New War Concept To Counter Cold Start

i wonder what is stopping india from not just giving off a try for once?

please try and see whether your troops gets a nasr strike or not

True. They're too scared of Pakistan. I don't think India has fully recovered from the traumatic 2002 atomic response they received from Pakistan.

I think you are confuse
Sunderji and CSD are both Offensive doctrine and talking about IBG's Mobilization ASAP to the border and take the enemy by surprise and inflict heavy lossess to the enemy and capture land in limited time before international community put pressure on india .So india have bargaining chip in their hand .

By changing the name of CSD to proactive strategy it will not become new its same doctrine based on Sunderji.

some simple links can educate you on this...and yes,Sundarji's doctine and Cold Start doctrine is entirely different.Cold Start is a proactive strategy while Sundarji's doctrine is mainly defensive...and CSd certainly didn't exist before 2001,even if it ever existed,it was formulated after 2004.concept of IBG didn't even existed before then.read this,and please don't post fictional info here..

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~mert1769/Ladwig, Cold Start NPS Paper.pdf

I think you are confuse
Sunderji and CSD are both Offensive doctrine and talking about IBG's Mobilization ASAP to the border and take the enemy by surprise and inflict heavy lossess to the enemy and capture land in limited time before international community put pressure on india .So india have bargaining chip in their hand .

By changing the name of CSD to proactive strategy it will not become new its same doctrine based on Sunderji.

you didn't read the link I provided,did you??then its futile to make any kind of argument...

Good , So pakistan is employing a new war concept to counter India's non-existing war doctrine .

"Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".

Its better for us to be prepared rather than unprepared, in other words. Simple common sense.

I would not worry about COLD START too much

COLD START requires DECISIVE instant decision making.

OUR COMMANDER IN CHEIF is a quivering wreck who shakes when he speaks and cant make decsion on HIS BREAKFAST .... let alone a massive military incursion.

MUSHRAFF was somebody i always admired HE HAD NOTHING in his locker BUT HE HAD BALLS OF STEAL

HE was the sort of leader that CSD would be useful for

I would not worry about COLD START too much

COLD START requires DECISIVE instant decision making.

OUR COMMANDER IN CHEIF is a quivering wreck who shakes when he speaks and cant make decsion on HIS BREAKFAST .... let alone a massive military incursion.

MUSHRAFF was somebody i always admired HE HAD NOTHING in his locker BUT HE HAD BALLS OF STEAL

HE was the sort of leader that CSD would be useful for

ya he really did a number on indian Politicians and cheifs I mean with less then five nuclear warheads in pakistan possesion, he went to town on indian in Kargil,,,,,,,,,,,I mean indians been nuclear since the 70s

Crazy GUy, that Really SHows If you wanna call it that which Nation has "BALLS" given the "stretegic depth" as indians call it in a nuclear exchange........... this shows that if pakistan had indian"stretegic Depth" and india was Pakistan,,,,,,,,,, India would have been taught only in British History Lessons and would not have been a reality today

Cold start seems like only a fancy name for blitzkrieg. A tactic as old as warfare itself. Strong mobile forces (armor/cavalry) would cut open the front usually at weak points. Drive deep into enemy territory. Get into the rear of opposing forces. Encircle them and thus annihilate the trapped forces. But as the Russians showed against Germans, an armored thrust can be stopped in its tracks if strong enough defences are provided. The driving forces once deprived of its mobility deep in the enemy territory themselves become susceptible to encirclement and annihilation.
Hence if the front collapses at some point it is important to have strong mobile forces to switch to the crises area and halt the advancing enemy forces. Therefore increasing the mobility of its forces is only a natural response by Pakistan army.

I'm hearing this from 5-6 years ,Each 1-2 year pakistan gerrnail's comes with a new strategy to counter CS,Looks like somebody is too much afraid of CS.:omghaha:

LOL u hear abt it from us in War Games but u:rofl:

u even remember it before going to bed.

India's official stance

India denies having a cold start strategy. Quoting the Indian Army chief: "There is nothing called 'Cold Start'. As part of our overall strategy we have a number of contingencies and options, depending on what the aggressor does. In the recent years, we have been improving our systems with respect to mobilization, but our basic military posture is defensive."[5]

In January 2011, while speaking to the media in the run-up to Army Day, Army chief General V K Singh came closer than any other government official, while describing the widely speculated Indian war doctrine popularly referred to as Cold Start. "There is nothing like Cold Start. But we have a 'proactive strategy' which takes steps in a proactive manner so that we can achieve what our doctrines and strategies," he said.[6]

Former Indian defence minister Jaswant Singh has denied the existence of the doctrine, stating, "There is no Cold Start doctrine. No such thing. It was an off-the-cuff remark from a former chief of staff. I have been defense minister of the country. I should know."

Validation of doctrine

In May 2011, India launched Operation Vijayee Bhava ("Be Victorious"), a defence exercise involving 50,000 troops[10] in Bikaner and Suratgarh near the border with Pakistan in order to boost the synergy between the various branches of the armed forces.[11]

The main objective of the operation was to cut down the mobilisation time of the military, which took 27 days to mobilise during Operation Parakram. The Indian Army confirmed that the exercise was successful, reducing mobilisation time drastically to 48 hours.[12]

In July 2011, India tested the Prahaar, a new solid-fuel tactical ballistic missile with a range of 150 km[13] designed to provide invading Indian Army battle groups with lethal fire support.[14]

Later that year, the Indian Army conducted its largest war games in the last two decades, titled Operation Sudarshan Shakti under the Southern Command Headquarters, to revalidate its Cold Start doctrine.[15] The desert exercise was based on the Integrated Theatre Battle concept, where various defence wings and military elements have to participate in a single cohesive format during war.[16]

The focus of Sudarshan Shakti was to practice synergy and integration between ground and air forces. Nearly 60,000 troops and 500 armoured vehicles, including T-72, T-90 and Arjun main battle tanks, carried out simulated assaults on their objectives, with support from artillery and the Indian Air Force.[17]

The Indian military has also tested newly inducted radars, unmanned aerial vehicles, surveillance systems, precision guided bombs, missiles, space-based assets and real-time data-sharing between elements.

The purpose of the Cold Start doctrine is to use surprise and rapid deployment to strike Pakistan at a time and place of India's choosing for the purposes of achieving Indian security objectives.
Source: Wikileaks

Liar liar, pants on fire.
:smokin:

"Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".

Its better for us to be prepared rather than unprepared, in other words. Simple common sense.

That is a very fair point .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom