What's new

New Record - Remittances to Pakistan reach $4B from UAE

IMHO - Pakistan's govt. must end the luxuries life-style, they are not rulers of an Oil rich country. Make state owned corporations profitable and stop corruption. Increase the tax base. I don't think expats can influence govt. decisions unless they are given voting rights because for politicians the ones who don't vote, doesn't exist.

Interesting answer Sir. The policies of our government and the recent decisions by the Supreme Court would indicate that we only want the expat's money, and not their opinions. For how long do the expat's tolerate this form of funding us without their influence is an important question given the rather large amounts of money involved.

Interesting answer Sir. The policies of our government and the recent decisions by the Supreme Court would indicate that we only want the expat's money, and not their opinions. For how long do the expat's tolerate this form of funding us without their influence is an important question given the rather large amounts of money involved.

Yara, I think even if voting rights are given, the votes of expats can be influenced easily - specially in GCC where major portion of expats are labor or low profile job. Our arab brothers will have on more card to influence :D - So, this voting power for expats is also double edge sword.

has any body in Pakistan ever inquired as to how much remittance goes from Pakistan?

i feel both our countries can gain a lot of money from simply exposing money that leaves our countries

What is the total remittances received by Pakistan at this time? About $14 billion?

Back
Top Bottom