What's new

New Record - Remittances to Pakistan reach $4B from UAE

BATMAN said:
Overseas Pakistanis with foreign nationalities, don't need to send money back, actually they take money out of Pakistan and some of them help in money laundering. It is those Pakistanis who have no other choice to keep money. i.e. Pakistanis working in middleast. no passport no house no bank account. Family back in Pakistan waiting for monthly remittance.

Ah the venom the hate the jealously the typical Pakistan mindset just like their local corrupt leaders.

I assure you 90% of over seas Pakistanis want good for Pakistan and they have all the money invested in Pakistan. There is no policy in ME to get passport so they send money to Pakistan and I would imagine not every month because they would get their wages 5 times a year with much delay in pay by arab masters contrary to the popular belief that ME Pakistanis send money alot well the reality is the income is barely enough so they send in say 3 times a year as much as $250-450 over all.

Pakistanis with foreign Nationalities do send money and more than half the economy is surviving upon it ask state bank of Pakistan don't be delusional state bank confirmed it. Only the political lot/mafia their families/richie rich relatives and industrialists/companies are taking the money out of Pakistan common Pakistanis are not taking their money outside but bringing it inside Pakistan for the investment in real estate/banking interests-profits and a some other Areas of interest. You have got it all wrong information taking money outside is not easy only big fishes can transfer it easily. You'll be asked so many questions in western countries that it might be confiscated besides the profit/interest is so low in west that no body would want to invest in bank you need an example i'll give you an example there are banks that pay 2.6% per anum compared to 5.3% per month in Pakistan now who idiot would invest in the western banking unless the money is robbed from quomi khazana or from some other people where you've got it without any effort or hard work.

Pakistanis in foreign countries must invest in Pakistan now, Pakistan need FDI's there are many rich Pakistanis abroad but they are not willing to invest in Pakistan at all.

because of corruption.
no body wants to pay a tax to the mafia and no wants their kids to get kidnapped.
but still we send thousands of dollars of year to pakistan to our families living there.

What is his policy towards over seas Pakistanis?
At present the airport tax in Pakistan is as high as the cost of airticket, around $400/person.

You may confirm it by making a booking over any airline website, incl. PIAC

Overseas Pakistanis with foreign nationalities, don't need to send money back, actually they take money out of Pakistan and some of them help in money laundering.
It is those Pakistanis who have no other choice to keep money. i.e. Pakistanis working in middleast. no passport no house no bank account. Family back in Pakistan waiting for monthly remittance.

batman,
im just going to say two thing.
if we ignore pakistan like most other nationalities in america or europe ignore their countries then pakistan would be worst then somalia.
we over seas pakistanis did more for pakistan the pakistanis living in pakistan so that makes us more pakistani then you.

because of corruption.
no body wants to pay a tax to the mafia and no wants their kids to get kidnapped.
but still we send thousands of dollars of year to pakistan to our families living there.

Not all people, most Pakistanis in North America have their entire family in US/Canada so who will they send money to? They may send some $ on the festivals like Eid ul Fitr & Eid ul Azha. Not to forget that most Pakistani families in North America are well off & educated families, some even billionaire & millionaires.

As for your corruption part even in india there is corruption(may be a little less) but still FDI is raining there.

The Government should help Pakistanis spread out throughout the world. The current expatriates number around 9 million people, Allahu Alam.

There should be at least 250,000 Pakistanis migrating abroad each year.

Won't mind if a fair government implements say $25.00 per head tax on expatriates now if we implement the $25 on 7 million Pakistanis abroad it makes up 17.15 billion rupees per anum..that's something big now imagine Pakistanis on average send atleast $75-125 so they do contribute alot.

So its all myth that Pakistanis abroad are not willing to help...more help will arrive only if the government is fair and sincere not robbing us all just like zardari or nawaz shabaz with their famous freezing foreign accounts and karz utaro kaprey bhi utaro and transferred billions to london.

Won't mind if a fair government implements say $25.00 per head tax on expatriates now if we implement the $25 on 7 million Pakistanis abroad it makes up 17.15 billion rupees per anum..that's something big now imagine Pakistanis on average send atleast $75-125 so they do contribute alot.

Are you talking about taxing the remittances? I'm sorry but i won't agree with you, the remitts should remain tax free which will help it increase more n more. I can suggest a different idea...the govt should setup a development fund where NRP's can donate whatever money they can which can be used by GoP for development of Pakistan.

i hope the $ 4bn expected to be sent to Pakistan are the genuine rmittances by the expats to their siblings not from some ba$turs arab sheikh to their stooges in ttp and lej.

So its all myth that Pakistanis abroad are not willing to help...more help will arrive only if the government is fair and sincere not robbing us all just like zardari or nawaz shabaz with their famous freezing foreign accounts and karz utaro kaprey bhi utaro and transferred billions to london.

The government already taxes expatriates as much as possible with NICOP charges, consular services, airport and other travel charges, and even high rates on international calls, which are nearly nine times more expensive than other countries. Direct taxes are not possible on those who have acquired foreign nationality, so indirect taxes like these are already sky high.

Are you talking about taxing the remittances? I'm sorry but i won't agree with you, the remitts should remain tax free which will help it increase more n more. I can suggest a different idea...the govt should setup a development fund where NRP's can donate whatever money they can which can be used by GoP for development of Pakistan.

Such funds have been tried before, and never attracted any appreciable amounts. NRP's will put there money where it is safe and gives a good return, like all investors driven by wisdom and not fervent patriotism.

The government already taxes expatriates as much as possible with NICOP charges, consular services, airport and other travel charges, and even high rates on international calls, which are nearly nine times more expensive than other countries. Direct taxes are not possible on those who have acquired foreign nationality, so indirect taxes like these are already sky high.

Somethings have to be done in special case of Oliver's Pakistan.

Whatever the government collected never made it to public funds or National Treasury...If the same funds/taxes/fee were collected by a fair government we would have seen the change. So you are correct in whatever the previous or interim government is doing but that money simply is making it way to where it belongs.

I always wonder if we Pakistanis can send about 10-12 billion dollars of remittance to Pakistan each year then why can't we invest 10 billion dollars in the country and help improve the economy by ourself.

Bahar ke mulkon main itne baray baray Pakistani investors bethay hain and our rich Pakistanis are doing nothing for the country

the thing is no one wants to take risk on their money

i agree i say charge us 100 dollars per person, and just as long as we assurance that this money isnt going to our politicians pockets

i agree i say charge us 100 dollars per person, and just as long as we assurance that this money isnt going to our politicians pockets

Why don't you please feel free to send in a check for $100 whenever you feel like it? I am sure the government will accept it with thanks.

Why don't you please feel free to send in a check for $100 whenever you feel like it? I am sure the government will accept it with thanks.

if you actually read what i said instead reply like a typical smartass who has no idea what he is saying then i wouldnt have to write this to you.

you give insurance that every penny i pay as a tax to pakistan wont go to our corrupt politicians pockets aND allah di kasamey ill pay 1000 dollar tax a year just so my country could get back on its feet

if you actually read what i said instead reply like a typical smartass who has no idea what he is saying then i wouldnt have to write this to you.

you give insurance that every penny i pay as a tax to pakistan wont go to our corrupt politicians pockets aND allah di kasamey ill pay 1000 dollar tax a year just so my country could get back on its feet

So whose "insurance" will you accept SIr? Nawaz Sharif had a Qarz Utaaro Mulk Sunwaaro scheme that failed. Would you believe Imran Khan's assurances that the money will be put to good use? What if he cannot keep his promises? Or a dictator like Gen Musharraf (or the next COAS)?

Asking for such an assurance is simply another easy way of the expats to assume the high moral ground without putting up any money, just to lecture others.

Back
Top Bottom