What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

Just to make it very clear, nobody here is opposing death penalty for rapists out of sympathy for such scum, its because it will not be effective and create other issues that will lead to more violence and injustice.

In anger I too want even eve teasers dead, but thats not my rational solution.

very right but again none of you came up with any solid suggestions which leaves room for only death to rapists

How bihar was better before him?

the crimes/ poverty was always there

anyway his support for the victim is praisworthy

Every state had problems, he made them worse.. not saying that his support is wrong.. since he is not in power he will go down any lane and stoop to any level to show himself off. .

very right but again none of you came up with any solid suggestions which leaves room for only death to rapists
May be you didn't read it. Also, there is first thing to make people argue rationally than emotionally.

Look at the thread. its more full of emotions than reasonable discussion. If someone tries to explain and explore cons of such punishment, he is ridiculed, how can he then present alternate.

To fill something in, you have to take something out.

Looks like we are in fire fighting mode. As saudi king said.. when the head is rotten it affects the whole body. Reform needs to come from top down. Parliament & assemblies are full of criminal elements.. obviously you can not expect these lot to make effective laws in any form. Need an amendment in people's representation act. All it needs is a simple majority in the parliament. Able people can bring able change. We don't see any of our political party pushing for this reform.. that's where the crux of the problem lies.

Actually I have, a few pages back, castrate them in front of the victim(s) and make them work in a women's institution in shackles for a year. Then, they can happily spend rest of thier natural life in a dark room where the sun dont shine..

No point in giving death penalty.... I dont think it solves the problem... Dealth penalty is given to rarest of rarest cases..... How many people have been hanged in india for last 10 years (Barrring kasab)......

Make it non bailable..... Mandatory Castration.... Life in prisonment.....

No point in giving death penalty.... I dont think it solves the problem... Dealth penalty is given to rarest of rarest cases..... How many people have been hanged in india for last 10 years (Barrring kasab)......

Make it non bailable..... Mandatory Castration.... Life in prisonment.....

this rape is more than rarest of rare!!

this rape is more than rarest of rare!!

Not in india... I read every day in news paper..(sick)... Rate of conviction on dealth penalty will be close to 2%.... ( thats the case in murder).... so how many going to be convicted... out of which howmany is really gonna get hanged?

Castration!!!!!!! with life in prisonment

Yeah and other rapes are ok for our sensibilities which do not warrant any change in law?
Both of you are right. I have explained earlier why this case is most shocking. But at the same time I too feel that we shouldn't ignore other heinous cases like one in Sri Ganganagar where a women was raped and killed in front of her kids, court gave death sentence and Pratibha Patil reduced it to life sentence.

Both of you are right. I have explained earlier why this case is most shocking. But at the same time I too feel that we shouldn't ignore other heinous cases like one in Sri Ganganagar where a women was raped and killed in front of her kids, court gave death sentence and Pratibha Patil reduced it to life sentence.

Thats what exactly i was saying... Homany people did we hang in last 10 years????... How many cases are not been registered????

Not in india... I read every day in news paper..(sick)... Rate of conviction on dealth penalty will be close to 2%.... ( thats the case in murder).... so how many going to be convicted... out of which howmany is really gonna get hanged?

Castration!!!!!!! with life in prisonment

and what if some sick mind put his hands to a girl's vagi*a and remove her uretra entirely from her body and throw it away and later put an iron rod into her vagi*a and then 6 men rapes that girl and finally throw the girl out of moving bus all nude??? Is it normal?? She will never be the same what she was in her life!! Thats more than a death!! You still find it less than rare????

Yeah and other rapes are ok for our sensibilities which do not warrant any change in law?

man no rapes are okay but first know what happened in this particular case!! It wasn't just a rape but it was a more than death for that girl!! Go learn the entire story!!

Let's not stop just there @KRAIT, there should be a uniform punishment for rape and a harsh one too, irrespective of how heinous it was.. it being a rape is heinous enough... @Bang Galore is right when he points out the how varied the punishment is, just because our law lets us decide on our definition of the word heinous

Last edited by a moderator:

exactly!! All such criminals should be hanged like a dog!!

Back
Top Bottom