What's new

'Nehru-Edwina affair responsible for Partition’

Something fishy - is seen in this pic.
look at mountbatten and edwina and nehru .......

Nehru_and_the_Mountbattens_-_Cartier-Bresson_-_NPG.jpg

check this out.

N sorry if i hurt anyones feeling :undecided:

If she is hot , i will never eat gram roti in my life, i like them cold cuts now.

Partition was because of Jinnah and Nehru. Both wanted to be the first Prime Minister, and both were unwilling to compromise.

Hmmm thats not a suitable explanation in the case of Jinnah. Jinnah KNEW he would die. He couldn't enjoy POWER.

Jinnah was offered Prime Ministership of India which he refused.

Nehru wanted it, he would not let Jinnah become the first PM. Neither was Jinnah willing to let go.

Nehru wanted it, he would not let Jinnah become the first PM. Neither was Jinnah willing to let go.

Maybe you are right about Nehru, but you are wrong about Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He was in his final stages of tuberculosis during the time of partition. Only Quaid-e-Azam, Fatima Jinnah, and Quaid-e-Azam's doctor knew about the tuberculosis. Mounbatten wrote in his book that if he had known about Mr. Jinnah's health, he would never had allowed partition to happen.

Quaid-e-Azam knew he was going to die, why would he be crazy about being prime minister of India? He died only one year after the independence of Pakistan, in his last 5 years of life he didn't do anything for himself.

Did you watch the movie, 'The Story of Jinnah" on youtube? It was directed by an Indian born British director Jamil Dehlavi. The movie is 100% accurate and explains a lot.

Quaid-e-Azam knew he was going to die, why would he be crazy about being prime minister of India?
Do not underestimate the temptation of the glory of being the 1st of something, in this case the premiership of the undivided India. It is this temptation which has largely driven the human spirit into the seemingly impossible adventures and quests.

Do not underestimate the temptation of the glory of being the 1st of something, in this case the premiership of the undivided India. It is this temptation which has largely driven the human spirit into the seemingly impossible adventures and quests.

You dont know about the story of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, you are just making things up.

Fatima Jinnah, Quaid-e-Azam's blood sister, who was on Quaid-e-Azam's side the whole time wrote in her book that Quaid-e-Azam was asked to be the prime minister of India by Mountbatten so partition wouldn't occur, Quaid-e-Azam rejected the proposal because he said it would never work.

I suggest you watch the movie directed by Indian director Jamil Dehlavi, "Jinnah", it will answer all your questions.

Frankly you seem enamoured by Jinnah. That he could do no wrong, and was selfless.

Truth is, all these leaders were humans. They all wanted something or the other. There were personal motivations.

I'v mentioned reasons for Jinnah and Nehru, whether you choose to believe it or not is

Frankly you seem enamoured by Jinnah. That he could do no wrong, and was selfless.

Truth is, all these leaders were humans. They all wanted something or the other. There were personal motivations.

I'v mentioned reasons for Jinnah and Nehru, whether you choose to believe it or not is

It would make sense for Nehru to do something for his personal motives but not for Quaid-e-Azam. Nehru was a young healthy man during that time, Quaid-e-Azam was much older and tuberculosis was eating him alive during that time. There are stories written by people who've witnessed these events like Quaid-e-Azam's own sister. Quaid-e-Azam was in his final stages of tuberculosis and knew he was going to die. If he really thought of himself only, he would've rested and took care of his health rather than working day and night for Pakistan as well as dealing with his fragile health.

I'm basing my thoughts on facts written by people who knew him and no one knew him more than his blood sister who was on his side during the time of independence of Pakistan from British rule.

Jinnah didn't want to become PM of India. He was offered the position by Lord Mountbatten after consultation with Gandhi, with Nehru being present in the discussion, you know Nehru couldn't go against Gandhi.

That wasn't the issue. Jinnah didn't want to become PM of India, he wanted a new country and he didn't budge on that.

Moreover, this Indian version of Jinnah's power drive is nullified since Jinnah knew he would die from his terminal illness - TB. Even when Pakistan was made, Jinnah didn't become PM, but gave that position to Liaqat Ali Khan.

Your statements really have no basis in fact.

Back
Top Bottom