What's new

Nawaz to visit Thar Coal Authority after taking oath

Noora will prefer buying saudi oil rather than using local resources. His move is basically political so basically he doesn't give a rats a$$ about this project.

Please keep in mind the possibility that NS will be blamed for the failure of this project, for Thar coal is a mirage. That is the basic problem I have, not that who might take credit for it, but that there is only blame here in the long run.

The PM-elect should seek better advice than to rush into Thar coal headlong. That is all.

Well IK can waste money on stupid things but NS will think twice before spending and he is going there to get briefing on Thar Coal project from top scientist, if its workable well n good otherwise they will look into alternate options.

Noora will prefer buying saudi oil rather than using local resources. His move is basically political so basically he doesn't give a rats a$$ about this project.

We purchase 90-95% oil from outside for our domestic needs and yeah PTI can really help newly elected government financially because they have good expertise in begging.

We purchase 90-95% oil from outside for our domestic needs and yeah PTI can really help newly elected government financially because they have good expertise in begging.

Again without money you can't start any projects a project of tis scale requires independent $2B atleast and i don't think NS would spend the saudi aid on this project.

NS would need to crack down on bijili chor by hook or by crook without looking at their status whether they are poor or rich if someone found guilty electricity needs to be cut and they put in jail for a a term. NS needs to make example of such people can his team..that remains to be seen but it would be a positive initiative.

Interesting fact from Bolta Pakistan.
In 1998 Nawaz Gov used Army help to crack down on electricity theft. I hope this time they will also work together.

Well it is either begging saudi or IMF for noora so we will see how much honor is left in your words at the end of the day. PMLN has already taken a U-Turn on electricity issue so soon they will be carrying a begging bowl as well. Every thing they said was in josh-e-Khitabat. Believe me when i say i wanted PMLN to win as people need to have taste of all the hypocrites before they can turn to a third option.

i don't care if NOORA goes to israel with the thar coal mine project! as long as something is done about thar coal mine electrcity generation & BAHSHA dam is made!

2 or three big projects are the need of the hour in pakistan currently! last 5 years our country was taken back by a decade each year thanks to the corruption by PPP!!!!!

What is the status of Kala Bagh dam?

thart will never be made! SINDHI parties will cry that Punjab is stopping their water! and NWFP parties will cry that NOWSHERA is drowning due to the DAM!

so kala bagh kabhi bhi nahi banaaygaa!!!

thart will never be made! SINDHI parties will cry that Punjab is stopping their water! and NWFP parties will cry that NOWSHERA is drowning due to the DAM!

so kala bagh kabhi bhi nahi banaaygaa!!!

KPK and Sindh have reservations experts say Sindh will get 20% more water after construction but they are not agreeing on construction.

I know this dam has gone into that vicious circle of ethnic politics. ANP had been the most anti-Kalabagh.

New CM KPK himself is from Nowshera... if the dam to be built is useful for Pakistan, this would be a milestone for PTI to achieve and Pervaiz Khattak would be the front man in doing so.

And one wonders, why ANP - the India tout in Pakistan are against the construction of this dam.

Well, now that China and Saudi arabia are both willing to put their weight behind solving Pakistan's energy crises, things might turn out to be different this time, so don't be so mayoos my brother.

The only thing that was held up in regards to the Thar Coal project between 2008-2013 was the fact that the funds just were not released at all as promised by the Pakistan People's Party led Government despite the technology for gasification, etc. was demonstrated by Dr Samar Mubarrakmand.

It is not just a matter of money. The coal reserves themselves are overhyped, and will not be easy to exploit given their poor energy content, contamination with water and soil and the way they are spread out.

Again without money you can't start any projects a project of tis scale requires independent $2B atleast and i don't think NS would spend the saudi aid on this project.

NS would need to crack down on bijili chor by hook or by crook without looking at their status whether they are poor or rich if someone found guilty electricity needs to be cut and they put in jail for a a term. NS needs to make example of such people can his team..that remains to be seen but it would be a positive initiative.

We would rather want more dams and equipment installed for power generation close by to dams rather this dabba mar thar coal hoopla..there maybe future but only when Pakistan is a rich enough country for now it should be put on back burner.

you dont know sharifs they are master of starting project without money e.g. Sharif empire, Motorways, Jagla Bus to name a few. Just wait and Watch lots will happen soon, look at our history and see if any PM elect started working 2 months before they even take oaths....They have to make PTI loose 2018 elections so they need to show some big things

Back
Top Bottom