BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
9 May 2013 Last updated at 12:49 GMT

_67502645_img-20130509-00022.jpg

Nawaz Sharif party tiger 'alive and well'
By Owen Bennett-Jones BBC News, Lahore

A tigress used to campaign in support of leading Pakistani election candidate Nawaz Sharif is alive and well, despite media reports of its death.

Some local TV news channels had reported that the white tigress named Sandy and owned by one of Mr Sharif's supporters in Lahore had died because of its heavy campaigning schedule.

The news went viral on Pakistani social media and was even reported in India.

But after seeing the tiger in its den, the BBC can confirm it is still alive.

It is in fact in rude good health.

Pakistani WWF officials were quoted opining about the tigress's death, saying it had been exposed to excessive heat.

One WWF official dismissed suggestions that the tigress was in fact still going strong: "If that tigress is still well and alive, why don't they bring it over or send fresh pictures to the WWF?" she demanded.
'My baby'

The tiger is the party symbol of Mr Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N). When his supporters are asked who they are gong to vote for in Saturday's election they typically reply: "The tiger."

The tigress's owner, Idrees Ahmed, has taken the animal to many campaign rallies. It lies on the top of his moving car and onlookers throw rose petals at it. And he was furious about the premature reports of its death.

"It is my baby," he said, his voice cracking with emotion. "If someone told your baby had died how would you feel?"

He said that he had tried his best to correct the false media reports but was unable to do so.

"Everyone just said: 'Don't worry. You are becoming famous!' But how could I want to be famous for these false reports about the death of my baby?"

At Idrees Ahmed's farm on the outskirts of Lahore, Sandy is kept in an air-conditioned den.

The loving owner dismissed suggestions that it was a bad idea to take the unrestrained tigress on campaign rallies. "It doesn't bite," he said.

BBC News - Nawaz Sharif party tiger 'alive and well'

Shame On PTIANS

So will PTIANS Moderators and Administrators shows any credibility of their own by closing false threads on this issue at PDF:astagh:

lol so now newspaper are also owned by PTI media cell ??? go and ask media rather than telling us....

Btw jahilyat kee inta hee nishan SHER ur Tiger ku guma rae ho sher bana kaar hahaha. And that tiger isnt looking good either.... a sign for 11/5

Still its not a good idea to use live tiger in election campaign.

The sources on her death were from DAWN and other reputa le sources, WWF had taken notice of it as well...so cut the crap that mods let that thread run.

chalo sometimes i think Nooners only have Pti,ians in mind. it was all over the news and WWF was even going to file a a case. Dont blame us blame our media. Although i wonder why our media has still not shown this nor has noon corrected this.

Another lie from PTIans Busted

Media but ofcourse hate mongering nooners will make it a pti lie and parade it around. Even though it was from our media no third news source has clarified this. until this happens i am still skeptical.

9 May 2013 Last updated at 12:49 GMT

_67502645_img-20130509-00022.jpg

Nawaz Sharif party tiger 'alive and well'
By Owen Bennett-Jones BBC News, Lahore

A tigress used to campaign in support of leading Pakistani election candidate Nawaz Sharif is alive and well, despite media reports of its death.

Some local TV news channels had reported that the white tigress named Sandy and owned by one of Mr Sharif's supporters in Lahore had died because of its heavy campaigning schedule.

The news went viral on Pakistani social media and was even reported in India.

But after seeing the tiger in its den, the BBC can confirm it is still alive.

It is in fact in rude good health.

Pakistani WWF officials were quoted opining about the tigress's death, saying it had been exposed to excessive heat.

One WWF official dismissed suggestions that the tigress was in fact still going strong: "If that tigress is still well and alive, why don't they bring it over or send fresh pictures to the WWF?" she demanded.
'My baby'

The tiger is the party symbol of Mr Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N). When his supporters are asked who they are gong to vote for in Saturday's election they typically reply: "The tiger."

The tigress's owner, Idrees Ahmed, has taken the animal to many campaign rallies. It lies on the top of his moving car and onlookers throw rose petals at it. And he was furious about the premature reports of its death.

"It is my baby," he said, his voice cracking with emotion. "If someone told your baby had died how would you feel?"

He said that he had tried his best to correct the false media reports but was unable to do so.

"Everyone just said: 'Don't worry. You are becoming famous!' But how could I want to be famous for these false reports about the death of my baby?"

At Idrees Ahmed's farm on the outskirts of Lahore, Sandy is kept in an air-conditioned den.

The loving owner dismissed suggestions that it was a bad idea to take the unrestrained tigress on campaign rallies. "It doesn't bite," he said.

BBC News - Nawaz Sharif party tiger 'alive and well'

Shame On PTIANS

So will PTIANS Moderators and Administrators shows any credibility of their own by closing false threads on this issue at PDF:astagh:

It was reported on the media not by PTI.

These people call themselves Muslims yet use animals for public attention, strictly forbidden under Islamic law. Even the blessed prophet himself had a woman arrested for neglecting a cat and letting it die of dehydration. Why did they do this?

The major reason why PTI lost elections is because they are liars and fake people.

29gc4tc.jpg

Why does Pakistani government allow people to keep such endangered animals in captivity as pets ? Its so primitive :undecided:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom