What's new

Nawaz Sharif holding British passport?

@Leader, by law only up to ambassador can hold a diplomatic passport (normal foreign office staff, only when on deputation abroad, otherwise they are also FORCED to use the official blue passport), however, I have also known people who were neither in regular foreign service nor inducted, and yet they still had a diplomatic passport. Other ways to get a diplomatic passport is through ISI's foreign wing, which also issues under 'special' conditions to traveling members of IB/MI etc. What you need to understand here is that a diplomatic passport is not a get-out-of-jail card, it has many limitations when abroad. Under different international conventions, these route two "diplomatic" passports carry no weight in host-nations, rather they may even get you in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Leader, by law only up to ambassador can hold a diplomatic passport (normal foreign office staff, only when on deputation abroad, otherwise they are also FORCED to use the official blue passport), however, I have also known people who were neither in regular foreign service nor inducted, and yet they still had a diplomatic passport. Other ways to get a diplomatic passport is through ISI's foreign wing, which also issues under 'special' conditions to traveling members of IB/MI etc. What you need to understand here is that a diplomatic passport is not a get-out-of-jail card, it has many limitations when abroad. Under different international conventions, these route two "diplomatic" passports carry no weight in host-nations, rather they may even get you in trouble.

my point is under what law/exception/rule/discretion nawaz is holding diplomat's passport?

my point is under what law/exception/rule/discretion nawaz is holding diplomat's passport?

In Pakistan, laws are meant to be broken by anyone who can. If that is his passport, then that just means he bent a few rules and continued using diplomatic passport since the last time he was in office. And since CM Sharif was the lord of Punjab with his ministries, he could have easily managed to re-issue diplomatic passports.

Good find btw. :tup:

If you are asking such a question, it means you haven't yet understood Pakistan. And no: It can't change, not a chance. Neither by one person nor by the parliament. These things go well beyond law and constitution. Faster you understand these unwritten rules, better you'll progress in life. Btw, this is not something unique to Pakistan, it happens ALL over the world. It's all about influence and money. Whoever has it, the world is his.

BO_thH5CUAAhfPO.jpg

@Argus Panoptes

Back
Top Bottom