What's new

Navy seals 45,000-cr deal seven frigate

china also declare a plan of 100 billion USD....which is to be spent on gas and oil......

Russia and China sign 100-billion-dollar deal of the century!
it seems that both CHina and India are investing heavily..however in different ways.

India is interested in arms while CHina concentrates in economy.

Whoooa junkie! u cant wait and just have to pop out , don't u ?

Good luck with your oil adventure with Arabs. We are doing ours as well.

Don't post off topic things in project 17A . Can't you see that there is a section on economy and development ?

Last edited:
so 1 India's P17 FFG is almost 10 time more expensive than CHinese' 054a FFG.

Dude! I have a suggestion. With the money you saved , please pay better salaries to your naval engineers and architects, rather then buying US treasury bills.

A fresh graduate engineer in china starts with a salary not more than 130 USD per month.

Please help your fellow beings. Dont save too much .

Guys why do you bother with the Chinese troll? Let him say and think whatever he wants, who cares really?

With regard to the topic, I think the IN is the most potent arm of our military, seems like modular construction is fast becoming the norm, I'm extremely happy about the decision to have 2 ships built abroad so we can definitively absorb all the required information, looks like we did learn a thing or two from the Arjun and LCA debacles. but isn't 2021 a little too long? 11 years for 7 ships, i.e 1.5 years per ship. What's our current fleet strength?

and is there any thread comparing the IN and PLA-N? because it seems the Chinese are expanding their fleet at a much faster rate.

The cost too is high. But I am sure it includes upgrading MDL to modular building capability and expanding as well for future.

so with this we're looking at

3+7 p-17 and p-17a

3+3 talwar class

3 brahmaputra class

3 Godavari class

wont include Nilgiri class since its too old

and

3 p-15
3 p-15a
4 p-15b

total of 32 by 2020

also add 2-3 a/c

and

10 kilo class
6 scorpone
6 new subs
1 akula
4 atv

and

20 p-28 corvettes

pretty impressive force by 2020 could easily match England/France

35 surface ships
22 submarines
5 nuke submarines
12 2500 corvettes (like small frigates)

oh and badguy china isn't surrounded by enemies and can concentrate on its economy, and because its economy is so large it needs more gas also there was gas found in the KG basin and there are reports of another HUGE find which could make the country less dependent on imports.

also china's budget is almost 5x that of India while its economy is only 3x that of India's tells you whose spending more.

and the reason those ships are so expensive is because they will have an aegis type system on top of brahmos/barak ng.

Dude! I have a suggestion. With the money you saved , please pay better salaries to your naval engineers and architects, rather then buying US treasury bills.

A fresh graduate engineer in china starts with a salary not more than 130 USD per month.

Please help your fellow beings. Dont save too much .
130 USD is the starting salary of peasants workers here.

however, the fresh graduate of universities here are as cheap as peasants workers now....

Guys why do you bother with the Chinese troll? Let him say and think whatever he wants, who cares really?

With regard to the topic, I think the IN is the most potent arm of our military, seems like modular construction is fast becoming the norm, I'm extremely happy about the decision to have 2 ships built abroad so we can definitively absorb all the required information, looks like we did learn a thing or two from the Arjun and LCA debacles. but isn't 2021 a little too long? 11 years for 7 ships, i.e 1.5 years per ship. What's our current fleet strength?

and is there any thread comparing the IN and PLA-N? because it seems the Chinese are expanding their fleet at a much faster rate.

Just a correction, the article says all ships will be built in India.

Yes right. Navy insisted that 2 should be built abroad. But MDL and GRSE managed to convince that they can build all of them . Upgrade to modular building capability would be completed by 2011.

Chinas Dalian and Sanghai are almost ready with modular building capability. They are definitely starting their first aircraft carriers there.

china also declare a plan of 100 billion USD....which is to be spent on gas and oil......

Russia and China sign 100-billion-dollar deal of the century!
it seems that both CHina and India are investing heavily..however in different ways.

India is interested in arms while CHina concentrates in economy.

Incase you didn't know , china's defence budget , that too the official one is 3 times more than that of india. So , you shudn't be talking

The cost is more because it includes upgradation and training of the shipyards for Modular Construction.

Russia will deliver 3 frigates as per "contract deadline"

Moscow, June 26: Russia will deliver three stealth frigates worth USD 1.6 billion to the Indian Navy in line with the "contract deadline" of 2012, an official has said.

"The contract's deadline is 2012. We are not expecting any delays at this point," General Director of the Kaliningrad based 'Yantar' shipyard, Igor Orlov said.

Speaking on the sidelines of the 4th International Maritime Defence Show in St. Petersburg Orlov underscored, "Russia will fulfil its obligations on schedule to supply three Project 11356 frigates to India by 2012.

The first warship will be launched this year, the second, probably, in spring 2010, and the third - a bit later."

He added the Indian government had provided 'sufficient and timely' project financing, Ria Novosti reported.

Situated in the Russia's Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad the naval shipyard "Yantar" is building three Project 11356 Krivak IV class guided missile frigates for the Indian Navy.

Earlier, three stealth frigates of this class - INS Talwar, INS Trishul and INS Tabar were built in St Petersburg's Baltiisk Zavod shipyard and delivered two years behind schedule.

Last October, deputy chief of the naval staff, Vice Adm. Raman P Suthan, had inspected the construction at the 'Yantar' and was reported to be satisfied at the pace of their construction.

The new frigates will be armed with eight Indo-Russian BrahMos supersonic anti-ship cruise missile systems in place of the Club-N/3M54TE missile systems on the three previous frigates of this class also known as "Talwar Class".

Back
Top Bottom